Party lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lou x

Reaction score
Sorry if this sounds a bit thick but I am fully qualified for lash extensions but that's just individual lashes.

Are party lashes the "Y curl" box sets from ultimate/Sallys?
And am I right in thinking they last up to one week?
Also what glue do you use, the glue you use for natural lashes or the glue from the box?

x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

Party Lashes are either the strip lashes or cluster lashes which are 3 individual lashes coming out of the one bulb. You can buy them in all sorts of wholesalers, sally's should sell them or maybe hairways and capital.

The strip lashes are only for the day, taken off before they go to bed but can be used again only on themselves thou. And the cluster lashes last up to 1-2 weeks.

You use either clear or black adhesive for the cluster lashes and the strip lashes usually contain there own glue that comes in the box.

Hope this is enough information to answer your questions. Good luck!

Natalie x

The only lashes i use are the salon system individual lashes and the longest they have been on a client is 8 weeks,but had to add just a few to each eye round about 6 weeks.xxxx

The only lashes i use are the salon system individual lashes and the longest they have been on a client is 8 weeks,but had to add just a few to each eye round about 6 weeks.xxxx

OOh thats sounds good, what eyelash glue do u use ? As iv been using my 3D lash glue which is abit more expensive :) xx

Hey its just salon system lash adhesive from salon direct and its only £2.85 for a 15ml bottle xxxx

Thank you everyone :) x

Really, thats a long time. I put these on myself sometimes but they never last long!

How do they last that long if they are stuck to several lashes, woldn't they fall out sooner as the lashes grow?

Any tips appreciated txs.

I've used this and have never had them last more than 2 weeks, and that's a rarity. The usual length of time is about 3-5 days with my ladies.

I find this glue is great for semi temporary lash work, ie lash decoration, but for quality, long lasting and durability ... hmm, I'm not convinced.

I would love to hear how anyone can keep lashes in with this glue for six weeks!

Francesca

Really, thats a long time. I put these on myself sometimes but they never last long!

How do they last that long if they are stuck to several lashes, woldn't they fall out sooner as the lashes grow?

Any tips appreciated txs.

Hi there, Im confused lol
If these lashes are applied over a few natural lashes, they shouldnt be on for 6 weeks! Have I got the wrong end of the stick here? When express lashes are applied, the maximum that they should be left on is 2 weeks, due to potential damage to natural lashes. How on earth can these "party lashes" be left on for 6 weeks? (I do individual and express)
Id love someone to explain please, Im wondering if Im mis-understanding the application method.
Thanks geeks xx

Last edited:
When you apply your party/express lashes (ie the strips) do you put eyeliner on the upper lid too or not?

just bumping this up:green::green:

A word of warning, these lashes are awful and rip out at least 3 of ur own lashes each party lash! I have had an awful experience with them and know many others who have too! Ur better off buying a strip lash if u can't afford extensions!

A word of warning, these lashes are awful and rip out at least 3 of ur own lashes each party lash! I have had an awful experience with them and know many others who have too! Ur better off buying a strip lash if u can't afford extensions!

A girl who works in the salon i'm renting a space in has just had an awful experience with 'cluster lashes'. Forgive me if i use incorrect terminology as i'm not a lash geek! She was told she was getting lash extensions and they've pulled out a good load of her own lashes. She was given no aftercare advice what so ever. When i questioned her further on it she talked about 3 lashes on one bulb and that they were stuck above her lash line and adheared to her own lashes.. she was going to go back to the same girl and get them reapplied cos shes so concious of having practically no lashes! I've managed to talk her out of it now though, i think!

Sorry for highjacking the post slightly!

... She was told she was getting lash extensions and they've pulled out a good load of her own lashes.

The client could not have removed them properly.

When I've applied cluster lashes, I emphasise that they should not be kept on for more than 2 weeks to avoid damage to the natural lash growth. It isn't an expensive service so clients shouldn't expect any more than 1-2 weeks.

Personally it's a really bad treatment!

A girl who works in the salon i'm renting a space in has just had an awful experience with 'cluster lashes'. Forgive me if i use incorrect terminology as i'm not a lash geek! She was told she was getting lash extensions and they've pulled out a good load of her own lashes. She was given no aftercare advice what so ever. When i questioned her further on it she talked about 3 lashes on one bulb and that they were stuck above her lash line and adheared to her own lashes.. she was going to go back to the same girl and get them reapplied cos shes so concious of having practically no lashes! I've managed to talk her out of it now though, i think!

Sorry for highjacking the post slightly!

The therapist should have given her home-care advice. If the cluster lashes are adhered her natural lashes and she was to pull them out, then obviously the natural lashes are going to come out with them. Its the same as clients complaining about enhancements ruining their nails. Usually this is due to poor removal.:green:

The therapist should have given her home-care advice. If the cluster lashes are adhered her natural lashes and she was to pull them out, then obviously the natural lashes are going to come out with them. Its the same as clients complaining about enhancements ruining their nails. Usually this is due to poor removal.:green:

Yeah, I was most outraged by the fact she was given no aftercare advice or information about removal..I wouldn't do someone a lovely set of l+p enhancements and then not tell them what they had to do to look after them!

So, am I right in saying that "party lashes" are cluster lashes applied with ee adhesive? I still dont get how the therapist is thinking its fine to have them on for 6/8 weeks. Can someone please explain to this confused, (and i have to say, concerned) geek???? :hug:

Thank you everyone :) x

I've only just started doing these and 6-8 weeks can't be right, they are not designed to last any longer than 2 weeks, I'm really confused. I'm finding my glue is setting really quickly too and it's the salon system one. How do the rest of your store it, mine is in my kit, not sure if it can be stored in the fridge?:hug:

Latest posts

Back