Personal recognition

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bebeautiful

Reaction score
I was just wondering how many of you lovely geeks have other skills/talents, I use to tap dance and had to stop when my family expanded and I use to play street hockey (hockey on roller skates),

I build and decorate dolls houses (not for kids - collectors items) and I had a soft furnishing business with my sister and have a passion for fabulous curtains - if it has been invented we can make it:lol:

I used to sing solo in all of the school concerts and was offered a recording contract. The nuns didn't like it because I've got a very soul and blues voice. Nowadays, I just sing in the bath.

I do kickboxing, am 3 belts away from black
xxx

I play violin, am a morris dancer & write on folklore & the occult (published).

Great idea for a thread- can't wait to read more :)
In my other life I am a crafter, mainly scrapbooking (it has come on leaps and bounds since the days of sugarpaper books and sticky tape lol) and won Best of British Scrapbooker, I also do a bit of work for a national mag on scrapbooking :)

I used to sing solo in all of the school concerts and was offered a recording contract. The nuns didn't like it because I've got a very soul and blues voice. Nowadays, I just sing in the bath.

Kim, you should try for the X Factor, you would be fab!

Does burping the alphabet count? Sorry, lowering the tone now. :lol:

wow! I am really impressed, I think it is really important to know what other skills and talents geeks have, when I was younger, use todo ballet (but wouldn't dare try now lol).

Does burping the alphabet count? Sorry, lowering the tone now. :lol:
well... let me think about this, it would only count if you could record it and post it on this thread or youtube for us to have a laugh (I meant listen) lol

well... let me think about this, it would only count if you could record it and post it on this thread or youtube for us to have a laugh (I meant listen) lol

Well I could try that!!! Ok on a serious note, if that is possible with me, I was a Brownie Guider:eek:, I used to do ballet and tap too, I love to paint and do craft and I do calligraphy. :)

Well I could try that!!! Ok on a serious note, if that is possible with me, I was a Brownie Guider:eek:, I used to do ballet and tap too, I love to paint and do craft and I do calligraphy. :)

Oooh I do Calligraphy - I've even got an A grade 'O' level in it (GCSE to you young things):)

Oooh I do Calligraphy - I've even got an A grade 'O' level in it (GCSE to you young things):)

was it not the 11 plus adele? PMSL *runs off to hide* :lol:

Caligraphy is very artistic and if you can do that then I would imagine you could write forever :). I think it should be introduced to education as part of creaive hand writing and once students see the beautiful results they would be happy to write pages and pages in their IHE (for those of us who recently found out what it means, it doesn't mean I hate English :)). I use to teach French to years 7 to 11 :)and that's how I found out what IHE meant.

interesting thread....its like a 'getting to know you' thread lol

Well I used to play the piano...got to grade 5, played in the odd music festival (very embarrassing lol) then packed it in to become a rebelious teenager! :rolleyes: if id stuck with it a bit longer id probably of been a qualified teacher by about 16 lol

Workwise i was assistant manager of a boarding kennels a couple of years back...always wanted to work with dogs..the aim was to work in a major rescue centre..I would of got there but circumstances at the time meant I moved..im happy where i live apart from being absolutely miles away from the major centres id aimed for i then started taking nails more seriously!

Sorry ive gone n given you more of a life story! lol :lol:

I was an Irish dancer, competing right up untill I was 19 and I loved it and still do!!

ooh this is a good thread !
well i used to do karate but jacked it in when i was about 19 , but i did enjoy it and got to a purple belt !! :green: (quite good considering i used to go on a sunday morning usually very hungover , lol )

ooh an i always wanted to be good at calligraphy , but i was pants !! it did my head in at school :lol:

Well I guess other than my body painting and geeky activities, it would have to be music for me then :)

When I get the time, I play flute, piano and synthesizers and have even been known to compose and record my own music.

Really I must dedicate more time to music as I am just so busy with so many different things these days...

I'm a trained chef and baker (4 years full time training) and was chosen to serve Prince Charles a glass of OJ at a show we catered for.:!:

I have been on the pyramid stage at Glastonbury 3 times (and got thrown off by the bouncers each time)!!!:eek:

I used to decorate rudey cakes, mens willies and womens boobies or full frontal with all bits on show. My mum was astonished at the accuracy and a bit embarrassed!:eek:

Latest posts

Back