Personal recognition

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to disco dance in a troup when younger and won lots of silverware in it :eek: I also played a lot of netball up until about 18.

I can play guitar.Not that well but i can.I rode horses for many years but had a go again about a year ago and my confidence had gone completely and i couldn't wait to get off.

I was an Irish dancer, competing right up untill I was 19 and I loved it and still do!!

I did Irish dancing for many years until my teacher quit as her husband developed alzheimers; I'd got as far as my 3rd gold bar with the IDTA. After that I tried my hand at Brazilian dancing but my teacher (who was from Ipanema!) developed knee problems & gave up teaching to conserve strength for her professional dancing...see the pattern! Anyway, I'm now morris dancing, and so far none of them has been struck down by my curse!

I used to decorate rudey cakes, mens willies and womens boobies or full frontal with all bits on show. My mum was astonished at the accuracy and a bit embarrassed!:eek:

lmao ann you old dark horse !!! i want one of them cakes for my leaving do !! so get ready to make some giant lady and man s bits , hahaa sounds well funny !!

I used to do dance, jazz/modern/ballroom, I love cross stitch and making crafty things am quite good at art got an A in my GCSE's.

interesting thread....its like a 'getting to know you' thread lol

Well I used to play the piano...got to grade 5, played in the odd music festival (very embarrassing lol) then packed it in to become a rebelious teenager! :rolleyes: if id stuck with it a bit longer id probably of been a qualified teacher by about 16 lol

Workwise i was assistant manager of a boarding kennels a couple of years back...always wanted to work with dogs..the aim was to work in a major rescue centre..I would of got there but circumstances at the time meant I moved..im happy where i live apart from being absolutely miles away from the major centres id aimed for i then started taking nails more seriously!

Sorry ive gone n given you more of a life story! lol :lol:

not atall, don't be sorry this is what it is all about. I think personal talent is something that can go without recognition and also this is a nice forum for geeks to find out what each other have in common.

I in my spare time like to do cross stitch, read and I also play the flute. I also love cooking cookies, cakes, and cornish pasties. My kids love it when their birthdays come as I usually cook enough to feed an army.lol

oooh can you make them really nice ameriacn style cookies ? if so can you send me a recipe ?? i tried em once and they turned out like blooming rock , lol x

I in my spare time like to do cross stitch, read and I also play the flute. I also love cooking cookies, cakes, and cornish pasties. My kids love it when their birthdays come as I usually cook enough to feed an army.lol

Yay - another flute player! What sort of stuff do you play? Do you play in any bands/orchestras/etc? I used to play in an orchestra in Frome when I used to live in Trowbridge; I should really find something up here in Shrewsbury...

I played in the w-s-m youth orchestra when I was younger but now just play to keep up the practice. I play all sorts.
Dee I will have a look at my recipes.xxx
I also play world of warcraft, great stress reliever.

Last edited:
i was in the dagenham girls pipers, i was lead baton twirler!!!!!

ps i also lie like a dirty dog!!!!

Going back many years I was a clarinet and saxophone player which I loved but sadly don't play now.

I have a business degree and a C&G in interior design.

I have also skated for many many years and although I say it myself I am quite good.

I also have an advanced qualification in balloon decorating for weddings - think balloon arches, bride and groom made from balloons, stuff like that.

My OH says I have many special talents but they're too rude for me to tell!!!!

i can play the bugle.....(seriousley...good old sea cadets eh) :lol:
and was in a girls morris dancing troup.....the ones where we had pom poms (shakers) ha ha
oh and i have double jointed thumbs and can stand with my feet pointed together and turn them around so i am forward and my feet point backwards..strange girl :lol::lol::lol: these are my talents.....

Did I say that I'm a singer,dancer,actress,model :lol:

Great thread :)

I used to make wedding jewellery, tiaras, necklaces, wedding cake toppers & vines professionally. I now do it as a hobby when I get the time! My work is usually intricate wirework stuff, takes ages & 99% of the time comes out nothing like I planned in my head but IMO looks amazing :)
Posted via Mobile Device

I used to be a professional face painter!

Comes in handy now and again now, but not professionally anymore. I used to love it though!!

xxxxxxxx:hug:

Oh wow cool! How come don't you face paint professionally any more?

Going back many years I was a clarinet and saxophone player which I loved but sadly don't play now.

Clarinet and sax - nice! Both are instruments that Sonia wants to learn. I got her a clarinet for Christmas just under 3 years ago but alas she hasn't had much chance to play it yet... we'll have to see if there is someone local who could give her clarinet lessons...

I used to play oboe at school and started to play the piano about 5 years ago, only a couple of levels as I don't have time to practice nowadays. My daughter plays it everyday now to which my clients really enjoy :)

I used to sing lead in all the school musicals and sung a duet at the Royal Albert Hall with another school girlfriend when I was 15 ... I joined our Choral Society about 8 years ago and became Hon Secretary and on a fair few occasions sung solo during concerts, (what a buzz that gives you) but this is another hobby I have had to forgo over the last 12 months due to my work commitments.

I used to play oboe at school and started to play the piano about 5 years ago, only a couple of levels as I don't have time to practice nowadays. My daughter plays it everyday now to which my clients really enjoy :)

I used to sing lead in all the school musicals and sung a duet at the Royal Albert Hall with another school girlfriend when I was 15 ... I joined our Choral Society about 8 years ago and became Hon Secretary and on a fair few occasions sung solo during concerts, (what a buzz that gives you) but this is another hobby I have had to forgo over the last 12 months due to my work commitments.

I used to sing in a choir in Melksham too, many moons ago when I used to live in Trowbridge, and had fairly minor parts in school plays (we did a show one year where we sang a load of 1950s rock'n'roll songs and I managed to mess up all the dance moves)...

Latest posts

Back