Pic of broken nail for all the "it fell offs"..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
As soon as I saw this and heard the old "it fell off" I just had to take a pic...:lol:

As you can clearly see, there is trauma to the natural nail...there is also well adhered gel on the nail plate. This is most definitely a smashed, bitten or picked at nail.

So if any of you get a nail that looks kinda like this........it DID NOT fall off.

Attachments

• broken nail 1.jpg
    broken nail 1.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 556
mmmmmm looks like its been nibbled to me!

How could anyone seriously believe they could get away with saying that nail fell off?!! A blind man on a galloping horse could see the damage where it has been prized off!:eek:

apparently she was just washing up....:lol:

here is the after pic....(told her I needed them for my portfolio..:lol:)

I told her to ring me if she breaks it again, she replied..."well i hope i dont"...PMSL

Attachments

• broken nail 2.jpg
    broken nail 2.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 378
oooh blimey!
thats a really good educational pic Angie thankyou for posting,

I'm thinking we could actually do with more pics, of things that can and do happen on a day to day basis,

For instance my client, who texted me to tell me her nails had gone blue could she have them off and a new set. :eek:
so heres me thinking omg she's dying !!! lol
I texted back, could she come and see me asap,
anyway she came up...and failed to mention she had put a flash of blue hair colour on her hair...WITHOUT GLOVES !!!

She really didnt click to put the two together ???
or mabey she didnt think I would put the two obvious reasons together :rolleyes:

a quick buff and they were as good as new,
But had I not have thought more (she had hair tied back so could'nt see the blue at first)
It may have puzzled me...
It was only a tinge of blue, so did actually look like her nail beds had turned blue...only a few of the whites had bluish marks on them...and strangely none on the underside .

so yep pics like this are FAB xxxx

how do yo wash up in your mouth:eek:

What, exactly, do you say to people who present themselves with these 'Just dropped off' nails? :rolleyes: You can't collude with them and you can't call them a liar, either! You can ask them to think really hard about how their talon came to look like that, but what if they won't 'Fess up? You're not going to offer them a freebie, are you? :irked:

my mum in law tried to tell me that nearly all hers had just fallen off!!!!! I went on at her that they dont just fall off but she was adement......then eventually after much nagging i got i out of he that if they were slightly lifted she just EASED them off....her nails were in a right state.:irked::irked:
much like the fist pic really.
oh well.....keep trying eh?:rolleyes:

What, exactly, do you say to people who present themselves with these 'Just dropped off' nails? :rolleyes: You can't collude with them and you can't call them a liar, either! You can ask them to think really hard about how their talon came to look like that, but what if they won't 'Fess up? You're not going to offer them a freebie, are you? :irked:

Ohh i did tell her...:lol: I just said that due to the condition of the nail and the gel that remained on the nail i could see where it had been bashed/bitten/picked....and that as the other 9 are still all on i have to presume that this one didn't fall off.

She just said that she might have bashed it but couldn't remember when....at that i just said, it can happen, but generally when bashed that hard you tend to feel it.

All said with a smile of course.

She was fine and paid her £4 no problem....:)

Ohh i did tell her...:lol: I just said that due to the condition of the nail and the gel that remained on the nail i could see where it had been bashed/bitten/picked....and that as the other 9 are still all on i have to presume that this one didn't fall off.

She just said that she might have bashed it but couldn't remember when....at that i just said, it can happen, but generally when bashed that hard you tend to feel it.

All said with a smile of course.

She was fine and paid her £4 no problem....:)

Bet she won't try that one again in a hurry!!:lol:

How could anyone seriously believe they could get away with saying that nail fell off?!! A blind man on a galloping horse could see the damage where it has been prized off!:eek:
:lol: :lol: I had to laugh at that!!!

Fab pics though! You did an excellent job!!! :hug:

Wow, that one had to hurt.

When they are clearly picked/bashed etc... I simply tell the client straight up. Politely of course.

I say something like "see here where the natural nail is traumatized and some layers have been torn away? That means the product was very well adhered and not lifting away on it's own. It means it had to have suffered trauma or force to pull at the natural nail like that. If it had 'fallen' off, then that means it was NOT well adhered so in that case, it wouldn't have pulled at the upper layers of the nail plate in such a way. Gee, that must have hurt when it happened, how did you do it again?"

How can they argue with logic withought looking like total dunderheads?
:lol:

did she honestly think you would believe that it just fell off!:lol:
you have to laugh or you would cry.
nice finish.

Good thread Angie.

You can't believe the cheek of some people can you!

Most of my clients know me well enough to know they can't get away with telling me porkies that they floated off in the bath! But the odd one tries now & again!
When clients arrive, as a new one did last week with 3 missing nails, I just say 'What on earth have you been doing to lose that/those? Did you swear, because it hurts doesn't it?' Then I laugh, and 9 times out of 10 they tell me how they did it and 'yes' they swore because it hurt so much:lol:

:eek: Bl**dy hell, you can almost see teeth marks! :eek:

Great repair job though Angie ... she'll not nibble again, if she knows what's good for her! :lol:

i cant believe she told you that ' it just fell off '.i get really annoyed sometimes when people have said that to me before they have admitted what really caused it as i dont think that they realise that when they say that,it then makes us think that we must of done something wrong.as the picture shows you can clearly see that it didnt just fall off.
you've done a great job of repairing it and i love the idea of the colour on the nail bed,was this to hide any nail bed damage?

I can't believe people don't think that you know when a nail has been picked off especially when it is as obvious as that!

Do you think having a picture of a nail like that on your table would deter people from doing this to their nails or at least stop them saying it "just fell off"?

It makes you think people just don't appreciate the time and effort that goes into producing a lovely set of nails.

You've done a lovely repair job

Latest posts

Back