PopIts ... questions and answers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought this topic would be and be about the ins and outs of using the moulds, did I missunderstand?

I'm with you. Can we keep this about how they work? There are enough other pop it threads to chat about them on.

is this link the way to apply the new method?:rolleyes:also how do you pop them off then?i also can not make it to leeds but am waiting on my free popits pack!can't wait so i can see what it is all about x
Hun, I really don't know that they'd be useful for wraps or tip & dip.

is this link the way to apply the new method?:rolleyes:also how do you pop them off then?i also can not make it to leeds but am waiting on my free popits pack!can't wait so i can see what it is all about x

I am quite sure Geeg has added her own twists and skills to this....hence all the excitement.
According to several posts.....haven't you read them all?:lol:
there are instuctions in the new product catalogue. HTH

I think a problem is developing here about misinterpretation of posts in a thread.

Obviously everyone is really excited about the new popits and I can totally understand the frustration felt by geeks outside the UK who are wanting to purchase them. BUT, SS is the distributor for UK and Ireland so there was never any promise to get them out to the US or Aus etc.

HOWEVER, come on geeks, if you want it bad enough there is always a way :hug:. Don't be defeatest or negative, there are many geeks on here who live in the UK that would be more than happy to buy a box of popits and ship em over to you I am sure. In fact, I have read a thread or two to that effect already.

We are all here to support and help each other, or so i thought that was what this site is all about.

Hun, I really don't know that they'd be useful for wraps or tip & dip.

never said they would be!! L&P yes?(think i need to update my profile!!)

oh right! well i knew tip&dip and wraps would not have a palce in this new methord..

I have a question...

with L&P we all know about pressing the product to avoid lifting....well with Pop-Its how do you know when you have pressed enough...what i mean is...if you press too hard its surely going to seap...if you don't press hard enough, will it adhere...? (hope i am explaining this right)

Also...with gel....we work the first/bonder layer into the nail....so again as above how would this work and how do you know just how hard to press.

Also...(sorry) with the zones meathod...thin at zone 3 and thicker at zone 2 etc..do you apply the product into the Pop-It in the same way....thinner and thicker.....?

Thanks x

I have a question...

with L&P we all know about pressing the product to avoid lifting....well with Pop-Its how do you know when you have pressed enough...what i mean is...if you press too hard its surely going to seap...if you don't press hard enough, will it adhere...? (hope i am explaining this right)

Also...with gel....we work the first/bonder layer into the nail....so again as above how would this work and how do you know just how hard to press.

Also...(sorry) with the zones meathod...thin at zone 3 and thicker at zone 2 etc..do you apply the product into the Pop-It in the same way....thinner and thicker.....?

Thanks x
From what i have picked up (i apologise if wrong) the pressure is suprisingly light but still firm enough to adhere, and with the gel i am sure that you still use bonder layer cure then put popit on.

Pressing l/p into the nail depends on the brand you are using, they all have their differences in application and chemistry (that's why we recommend conversion courses lol!).

Primerless systems, creating the covalent bond with the natural nail need to be pressed in to the nail, systems that use primer (hydrogen/covalent bonds) don't rely so much on pressing in to the natural nail.

Ok If you live outside the UK and you want to try these 'things', to get to the english version of the ys nails website to find distributers in the US and other countries, do a google search of ys nails If I post the link here, for some strange reason it only links you up to the Latin version.

Popits are sold from two locations in Flordia!!! It's just that the UK created alot of hype to showcase them.

I have a question...

Thanks x

No need to worry about thin, thick etc. the dual form takes care of it all for you! I know it seems unbelievable but your finished nail will have the perfect FORM, APEX and SHINE (with a LITTLE practice of course:)).

I have a question...

yes you are right, press too much and it can seep a bit (its happened to me today & yesterday when i did a nail with fiona.) You just need to give a light press and hold for about 15 seconds, let go and let it set. you can see through the popit and can see if you are pressing to lightly. Youll have to have a go to understand it fully properley anyway. hth
x

Ok If you live outside the UK and you want to try these 'things', to get to the english version of the ys nails website to find distributers in the US and other countries,
Popits are sold from two locations in Flordia!!! It's just that the UK created alot of hype to showcase them.

Are these the same things??

Marion, they are exactly the same things. If you look on the website, you see the SS distr. in the UK. I guess it's not a secret anymore !!!!!

maybe a silly question.... but is it easy to do white or glitter french with popits?
(for instance at the same level...)

maybe a silly question.... but is it easy to do white or glitter french with popits?
(for instance at the same level...)

no the easiest thing is one colour only

x

no the easiest thing is one colour only

x
could you overlay a 2 colour enhancement with clear and get the same effect, i think alot of people do this anyway and then file and buff (do they??)
obviously you would have to do a certain amount of filing to get a even surface to put them on, (hmmm, just thinking out loud!??)

I tried to make this point also back on another thread, and no one listened.
I called SS when they opened this morning,and I was totally guttered. I was told that I would not be able to buy a pack because they refused to ship them out of the UK:cry::cry::cry:
This is not fair I have been waiting for them to be released just as much as everyone else, I was told I would be able to buy some and that everyone no matter who you are or who you have trained with would have a chance to use them:rolleyes: It's so unfair just because of where I live, I have to miss out.
I am so mad right now, :twisted:

There has been an Australian distributor appointed, soon to be announced.

There has been an Australian distributor appointed, soon to be announced.
I thought you must of know something. When's the announcment?

Latest posts

Back