probably gonna get myself shot here!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reaaaally dislike a square french white tip on short nails / bitten nails
with the pink ending up being 1 cm and the white 1 cm :irked:

It's not real therefore its false. I am a trainee not a professional. I came here for help and advise not criticism. Also many people call them Nail Extensions Thanks.
We enhance our client's natural nails, therefore they're called enhancements :green:

Nobody has criticised you, just told you the correct word for what we do.

Don't worry, you'll soon pick up the lingo... good luck with your course :hug:

We enhance our client's natural nails, therefore they're called enhancements :green:

Nobody has criticised you, just told you the correct word for what we do.

Don't worry, you'll soon pick up the lingo... good luck with your course :hug:

Our college call them extensions and so do many professionals i know, i guess it depends where u are from. But I said my piece, everyone knew what I was talking about... I was just answering someones question. This is the end of it. Sorry to the orignal poster for disrupting your thread x

ValencianNails; thank you for the luck. :)

I'm a squov girl, but I have tiny hands so they suit, My sister has the same size hands but wider nail beds and she suits them more rounded off, its all about the shape of the hand in front of you :)

As a squoval girl myself, i, personally HATE stiletto!
99% of my clients wear square or squoval. The older clients wear oval.
I shape the nails, then suggest to the client, the shape that compliments their hands.

Kathleen
My Nails Rock!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news BUT apparently most of our clients want and demand proper Square-not soft square or squovil ( Scround )
Straight down from the Smile line and cut in in a sharp square.
You either wear IT or you dont.
It is a fashion statement!!!
!The picture you show is way too Granny -like
I am 47 and i wear stilletto shape which suits in my opinion my hands,and i will try to post a photo of these nails that NEVER suited square shapes cos my hands are either too old or fat.,but i do have a nice long nail bed and this shape elongates my nails and makes my hands look slimmer and gives me my own look.

It's not real therefore its false. I am a trainee not a professional. I came here for help and advise not criticism. Also many people call them Nail Extensions Thanks.
I did not criticize you,I corrected you to use proper term.As a trainee you should be more perceptive ,not defensive if someone corrects you.

Back to original post.
As much as we like or dislike certain shape ,we have to do what client wants.
I swore that I will never do a flare nails in my life and low and behold ,one day I got client that requested flare nails.I just bit my tongue and I did them.
She was so pleased ,paid for her service,left me nice tip and made me re-think that whole idea "no way,I'm not doing it"
At the end it's all about your clients,not you.

Go for the square. I hope they don't find out that there are other shapes.
I have a couple that ask and receive oval. That sounds weird...
Any way I haven't done a set of stilettos because I just haven't had the time to experiment.
As the other poster, um posted, I do/give what the client request , for the income, baby.

depends on the hand shape i think -

i dont suit square, but most of my customers do. i think if you have big hands (i do) dont tend to suit square as much as someone with a smaller hands. plus i think the older you get the more - square look stupid
ditto personally prefer a stilletto for me !

I hate to be the bearer of bad news BUT apparently most of our clients want and demand proper Square-not soft square or squovil ( Scround )
I am 47 and i wear stilletto shape which suits in my opinion my hands,and i will try to post a photo of these nails that NEVER suited square shapes cos my hands are either too old or fat.,but i do have a nice long nail bed and this shape elongates my nails and makes my hands look slimmer and gives me my own look.

I am so glad someone said they are doing square nails!!!!
I mean, SOMEONE has to be doing them, as I see so many of them!!

I like square nails, I do also like a soft square sometimes, as I do less damage with them:wink2:....but I sometimes like a long oval, and even stiletto!.
I am getting a pink & white set of nails for the first time in ages today, as I have just removed a great design set I had on for a while.
I had been through a phase of natural looking enhancements, but what is wrong every so often with looking a bit false???
If it is good enough for my hair colour...then it is good enough for my nails lol!!!

Choice is GOOD!!!!

Oh and I don't want to rake up my old thread...but I still don't accept that the SQ word is a proper word, just a made up hybrid of square and oval...and I shall never use it or say it...soft square will do for me :lol:.

Oh and I don't want to rake up my old thread...but I still don't accept that the SQ word is a proper word, just a made up hybrid of square and oval...and I shall never use it or say it...soft square will do for me :lol:.

Ohh you mean the SQUOVAL word.....:lol:

Arghhhh, don't go there again!!!! It's like Groundhog Day, lol :):)

Ha Ha if she doesn't read it here -I've sent it in a PM:green::green::green:

I have only ever done a handful of what I would call 'square'.

The pic below is the 'square' I normally do for my clients.

Bev that is exactly how i do and like mine, i cant get on with round, dont realy like almond and only had stilletto once.
I like mine short and squoval (square with rounded edges) and 90% of my clients opt for the same.

I think its down to preference (obviously) but i do believe that as nail techs who wear enhancements we kind of sell what we wear.

I know alot of my clients opt for what they see me wearing at their appointment.

Well im a granny of 3 (4 in 8 weeks) and im not old (38) and im proud to wear my GRANNY nails.

Like i said before its all down to personal preference so have to dissagree that most want square, i can count on 1 hand the number of my client who opt for square over squoval.

Im not knocking square or any other shape for that matter....each and every one of us wears what we believe suits us or what we are comfortable wearing and same for the clients.

We can advise to the clients what we believe will suit them but you cant force them to have what you want to offer.

Dont shoot me izzy :eek: i know i used the sq word but its the soft square i was meaning lol

Ok im off to stick me head over the bowl of olbas oil & water again :green:

Our college call them extensions and so do many professionals i know, i guess it depends where u are from. But I said my piece, everyone knew what I was talking about... I was just answering someones question. This is the end of it. Sorry to the orignal poster for disrupting your thread x

ValencianNails; thank you for the luck. :)

I say extensions sometimes too, but that's only when adding length. SOmetimes clients just want extra strength. Enhancments is the general term for it (ie extensions, or natural nail overlay).

I like all different shapes, it depends alot on the person, but also abit on the phasse I'm going through.

I'll tell that to my 21yr old client when she come in next LOL
She needs to keep them neat as she does reflexology and doesn't want to scratch & gouge (sp?) chunks out of her clients, which would happen if she had them square.

I have worn mine SQUOVAL :)lol:) for years, and 4 weeks ago changed to almond, I can't type properly as they slip of the keys!

90% of my clients wear SQUOVAL :)lol:), the rest are a handful of square & almondy ovals or is that almals LOL:lol:

Our local NSS does totally square & they stand out like sore thumbs (or square thumbs!)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back