Professional Beauty Olympia Show - no longer going ahead.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chocolate

Reaction score
I have been asked by Professional Beauty/Emap to inform the geeks of the following press release.......

Professional Beauty Autumn and Professional Nails 2007 – UNDER REVIEWFollowing its acquisition of the Professional Beauty series of events in December 2006, Emap has announced it is undergoing a period of consultation with the industry in order to deliver the best possible Olympia show in the future. Professional Beauty Autumn & Professional Nails as it is will now not go ahead in 2007. Professional Beauty Spring at ExCeL London and Professional Beauty North at Manchester Central will go ahead as normal, as well as the joint venture with Beauty UK in Birmingham.
"We are delighted with the progress of the Professional Beauty shows at London ExCeL London and Manchester, and we want to stage an equally impressive show at Olympia. We had healthy visitor registration levels and while we had a good line-up of exhibitors, many of our biggest exhibitors have increased their investment in our ExCeL London exhibition next year, which has led the company to review the seasonal buying requirements of this market. Both our visitors and exhibitors have rightly come to expect an outstanding, busy and productive show and we feel that unless Olympia can be that, we are not prepared to deliver a show that does not exceed its expectations in scale and scope. With that in mind we will consult with the industry to tailor it to the specific needs of visitors' autumn buying requirements. Once we have conducted this market review, we will be in a better position to deliver shows timed and targeted to meet the needs of the beauty, spa and nails industry in the autumn," explained Emap TPS' Managing Director Alison Jackson.
"Emap is genuinely committed to developing the Professional Beauty brand and the visitor and exhibitor experience. In order to do so we have strengthened the Professional Beauty team not just with additional team members but also a new Director, Catherine Iredale. Catherine has extensive experience in the trade exhibitions area and she and her team will be liaising extensively with the market to establish the best way forward for Professional Beauty Autumn and Professional Nails."
Iredale is responsible for all the shows in the Professional Beauty series, including the joint venture with Beauty UK. "Professional Beauty is a very strong brand and is the market leader not just because of its scale, but also its ability to track market developments, providing new business opportunities for its visitors and exhibitors. I want to add real value to this market and will be introducing several new initiatives, including an advisory panel from the industry, new features and very creative marketing campaigns."

"It is a shame that we will not be able to stage the first stage of the National Nail Competitions, as these were to be held at the Olympia show, but Professional Beauty is committed to recognising the stars of the nail industry and will be investing heavily in improvements to the nail competitions. We will still be running the nail competitions at Manchester".
Professional Beauty North 2007 and Professional Beauty 2008 at ExCeL London will have comprehensive representation from major brands across all sectors, including beauty, nails, spa and tanning plus new, never-seen-before exhibitors.

Please visit the Professional Beauty website for more information at Professional Beauty - For All Your Beauty Needs - Home or view the thread on the nail section of this site.

Magazines
Exhibitions

var sc_project=1403643; var sc_invisible=1; var sc_partition=11; var sc_security="57262369";

Thank you Rachel for this info. xx

Blah blah, flaming blah. Thank G-d I cant get my hands on the idiots who decided this.
(Still fuming and migraine has got worse for those of you who have been sick with worry lol)
I hope that no one is taking their bad feelings out on Rachel.
Bloody typical, those high up make stupid decisions and other people have to face the consequences.
Rachel, the fact that they are paying you big bucks to deal with this must be a great comfort to you. ROFL!!!!!!

This is a bit confusing, as there is still a link on the website for people to book tickets for the 2nd & 3rd September........

Thanks Rach for the update. Still can't quite get my head round it.

Well I'm just going to see if my model can do G-mex instead.

Hope you don't get too much hassle over this. :hug:x

Thanks for the info Rachel,what a shame for a lot of people:eek:.

Thanks for the info, hun. Really disappointed, though.:cry:

Thanks Rachel, this must be a really stressful time for you! I hope you're not getting too much flack for this as its clearly not your fault, its just that we're all so disappointed and frustrated that its out of our control. Hopefully see you in Oct xx

Well that's just great! I was gonna go to this to help me get back "on the scene" if you know what I mean! This has really frustrated me.

Sorry Rachel, not getting at you in any way shape or form, nor the people who will probably receive all the flack from the general customers. It's the people "up above" who sit in a nice cosy office and don't have to face anyone that make these decisions, then go home to their cosy house and forget all those people who rely on this kinda thing for their businesses to keep up to date!

Just checked and GMEX is double the distance for me! AND it'll be too cold to sleep in my camper van!

Thank you so much for the lovely comments. (The being paid big bucks bit had me in stiches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I feel for all of you who, like me, have put a lot of effort into Olympia, but those above had to do what they felt was right and we just deal with the aftermath!

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to email or PM anytime.

Rachel, (Chocolate), this is just an idea, but how about organising nail comps in hotels around the UK annually? You know how they have comps in the states with the junior pagents and various other stuff. xxx

Thats very tempting! Im off on my holiday on Monday but am now going off with more positive ideas of more local/hotel comps! Watch this space.............!

Thanks for the info ... I am disappointed the show's no longer going ahead though :cry:

On the other hand, my credit card company will probably be elated :lol:

Thanks for the info.:hug:

I have to say I am gutted because this was going to be my first show and I was really looking forward to it:cry:

Oh well, at least I wont have to be in debt i suppose !lol

Thanks again Rachel
xx

Rachel, (Chocolate), this is just an idea, but how about organising nail comps in hotels around the UK annually? You know how they have comps in the states with the junior pagents and various other stuff. xxx

What a good idea Kim :)

o0hhhh I like it I like a lot !! emm .....

Love the idea!!! I'm up for it!

Sam x

Does anybody have any views on what "undergoing a period of consultation with the industry" means?

How frustrating! Anyone else booked hotel rooms and will now not get a refund? Grrrrrr

I can't believe it, I am absolutely gutted!:cry:
I was gonna spend a fortune, live a little and learn a lot!!
Still, I suppose my bank manager will be happy. :)
Will have to wait for PB 2008 at ExCel now. That seems like a life time away.............

Latest posts

Back