Question for cat owners!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Katy my dog sleeps on her back in her basket with her paws stuck up in the air. I think that she thinks she is a cat!
:hug:
Trish

My cat has taken to sleeping on my pillow all night, so I'm waking up in the morning with a stiff neck from not being able to turn over.......! She loves boxes or piles of clean clothes to sleep in/on :irked:...... I let her get away with it though cos she's 16 years old now and I worry about how long she has left iykwim.....

As you've undoubtedly figured out, yes, it's normal LOL:lol:

Here's my Storm (whom I had to put down 3yrs ago Oct25th, still breaks my heart) who was always sleeping and posing in odd ways.
I sent this picture to everyone, with the subject line reading "Want to see my pussy?" haha His favorite pose, which I can't find at the moment was wrapping his arms about the sofa arm. He'd lie along the arm of the sofa, flat on his belly, his chin hanging over the eded and one paw wrapped going on either side of the sofa arm. Very weird looking lol
1161714097045647838S425x425Q85.jpg

And George, my pekingese when he's not shaved

1161714700045647838S425x425Q85.jpg

I have TONNES more.

This is my cat Rain. whom I startled awake (he was still a kitten here) and how on earth he was comfy in tis window is beyond me

1161714560045647838S425x425Q85.jpg

I also have noe of him, somewhere; where he's lying upside down, on his back, his head hanging off the couch and belly up, with his feet at the back of the couch. How bizarre LOL

I've got a Chocolate Burmese that sleeps like this too - that's when he's not sleeping under the duvet with his head on my pillow! He seriously thinks he's a human!
LoL That is soooo Percy. He even puts his paws on our faces!
I pick him up like a baby and he hugs me. When i went to collect him from the vets last month the vet was laughing at him hugging me :lol:

As you've undoubtedly figured out, yes, it's normal LOL:lol:

Here's my Storm (whom I had to put down 3yrs ago Oct25th, still breaks my heart) who was always sleeping and posing in odd ways.
I sent this picture to everyone, with the subject line reading "Want to see my pussy?" haha His favorite pose, which I can't find at the moment was wrapping his arms about the sofa arm. He'd lie along the arm of the sofa, flat on his belly, his chin hanging over the eded and one paw wrapped going on either side of the sofa arm. Very weird looking lol
1161714097045647838S425x425Q85.jpg

And George, my pekingese when he's not shaved

1161714700045647838S425x425Q85.jpg

I have TONNES more.

This is my cat Rain. whom I startled awake (he was still a kitten here) and how on earth he was comfy in tis window is beyond me

1161714560045647838S425x425Q85.jpg

I also have noe of him, somewhere; where he's lying upside down, on his back, his head hanging off the couch and belly up, with his feet at the back of the couch. How bizarre LOL
They are the cutest! :lol:

ღMandyღ;731073 said:
LoL That is soooo Percy. He even puts his paws on our faces!
I pick him up like a baby and he hugs me. When i went to collect him from the vets last month the vet was laughing at him hugging me :lol:

Lol I know exactly what you mean, Truffle stands on his back legs, with one front paw on my leg and the other one waving at me. That's his way of telling me he wants picking up and then insists of lying on his back in my arms baby style. I don't need kids with a cat like this.

I don't need kids with a cat like this.
:lol: I always say to Ray that he should of let me have more cats. Well when the twins are driving me mad anyway :irked:

Frey cat, my 10 year old moggie has always slept like this, we call him Sl*t cat because he puts it all on view:lol: when his sister was still with us she used to wait for him to nod of like this before stalking him and pouncing him:green: Dam that cat could run fast:lol:

Lol I know exactly what you mean, Truffle stands on his back legs, with one front paw on my leg and the other one waving at me. That's his way of telling me he wants picking up and then insists of lying on his back in my arms baby style. I don't need kids with a cat like this.

Haha, Zuki is exactly like both of them!

Percy is beautiful! I had never heard of the exotic breed until you told me what he was and now I really want one!

My british blue Rocco sleeps like that and I don't know if it's true but a neighbour told me that if a cat sleeps showing his belly then it means he/she feels really secure and safe. How cute!

Here is a pic of my gorgeous boy! xx

Attachments

• december07 004.jpg
    december07 004.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 19
so cute. btw what breed is percy. he looks like a little teddy
no off to mither the hubby for one

Awww that's so cute!! My cat Domino sleeps like that all the time... not sure how to get a pic on here yet otherwise i'd add one.
Great pic though! x

LOL MINE SLEEP IN FUNNY POSITIONS ASWELL, BUT ALSO IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HALL AND O THE STAIRS I THINK ITS BECAUSE OF THE PIPES BEING WARM MAD HEADS.

I have three cats Cole Paige and Piper
Cole constantly sleeps like that it shows their trust and comfort:)

ღMandyღ;732164 said:
He's an Exotic. This is what he was like as a kitten.
Perseus on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
o my gosh hes gorgeous!
these are my 2 cats, the white and ginger one is getting fat!! she doesnt eat much but she doesnt go out and exercise either, but shes happy :)
and the first one shows him sticking his tongue out he always sits like that!! then he hides behind his hand when he sleeps! awww

Attachments

• haha.jpg
    haha.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 26
  • bopp.jpg
    bopp.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 19
  • boppy.jpg
    boppy.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 20
  • fat cat.jpg
    fat cat.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 19
My cat used to lay it on his back, and you used to have to rub his tummy, like a dog!!

I think it's really sweet when they do that!!

It also means trust, as when they lay like that, they are at their most vunerable, and they could easily be attacked if they were laying on their back, so it's cool!!

Bless all feline friends!

Carly x

My two Exotics sleep in all kind of weird positions. Becca, the tabby one, fell asleep mid wash last week with her legs asunder, not flattering. Unfortunately my camera focusing woke her before I could catch her like it :lol: The white one, Belly, loves my youngest son and the picture was taken when he carted her to the sofa, toppled backwards trying to sit down and how Belly landed was how she slept until he got bored and moved her :lol:

Attachments

• 13072007039.jpg
    13072007039.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 30082007299.jpg
    30082007299.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 23
This was Gerrard One of our kittens ...
his name stevie G comes from the No.8 on his back ...How cool is the pattern,,
Good job he turned out to be a male lol,
And I hope the people who took him were liverpool supporters :green:

picture.php

Heres spotty
picture.php

these are my little 'posers' !!!
I breed pedigree Ragdoll cats and my little 'Holly' (the blue bi-colour, 2nd pic) is hopefully pregnant :biggrin: !!!

Attachments

• cats.jpg
    cats.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 22
  • cats 002.jpg
    cats 002.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 22
  • eiserblew harlequin.jpg
    eiserblew harlequin.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 19
  • oct 07 013.jpg
    oct 07 013.jpg