Really fed up, what can I do

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am really trying to get my driving lessons sorted financially..this month i need to pay out over 900 on courses and equiptment so once this is paid i can do driving lessons....which will be around may but if i can get my hands on some spare cash i will book my first lesson

Good :), As some of the others have said, use a taxi service if need be, you need those clients no matter what it takes :hug: its something I would have to use if needed atm, I'm having driving lessons to

I have 5 sisters and one of them has always put me down at my job. Sometimes sisters can ve jealous too. Are you the youngest???? Plus alot of people thik beauty is a glamorous job and it can make girls jealous of you even sisters.

I am an only child so have no sister experience, but I am shocked by your sisters reactions! I can't imagine what its like for you.

I agree with tracey, get a taxi, become independant, they probably think they have a hold over you by them taking you places so cut it and get rid of that stress in yor life.

I suppose at least you know what to do if they need a favour...

B x

I have 5 sisters and one of them has always put me down at my job. Sometimes sisters can ve jealous too. Are you the youngest???? Plus alot of people thik beauty is a glamorous job and it can make girls jealous of you even sisters.

Yes i am the youngest hence why i think they are like this more?

It annoys me because they are too concerned of their own life, partners and children one of them doesnt work at all.
And i always look after my niece and nephew to help her out and i get nothing in return or any help when i need it.

Just because i havent got kids to bring up or partners to look after, im trying to build my career thats just as important i think
xx

Thanks so much hunni i will pm you now x

My mum is currently on the phone to them the one who origionaly let me down really said no!
But she is now talking to the other one and they have gave in and said yes as long as i give her a free spray tan...

xx

Oh she would get a free spray tan alright, with a nice white line down the centre of her face,
or i would pour out 50 mls of solution a few days before and leave it for the air to get to it so when you sprayed her she would be green (for her jealous streak)
once she has washed off the guide colour she would be tanned but she wouldn't know this ha ha :evil::evil::evil:

(me evil ? just a tad lol)

Oh she would get a free spray tan alright, with a nice white line down the centre of her face,
or i would pour out 50 mls of solution a few days before and leave it for the air to get to it so when you sprayed her she would be green (for her jealous streak)
once she has washed off the guide colour she would be tanned but she wouldn't know this ha ha :evil::evil::evil:

(me evil ? just a tad lol)

Yeah evil haha....She would hit me if i did that to her :smack:

Have a look at the bus service to get there and a taxi back or call a few taxi firms and ask them about having a discounted price for regular bookings.
I used to have a few customers when I was a taxi driver who paid a flat fee for set mileage journeys, so if its always within 10 miles you could ask them what would be the meter price for that and then ask them if you could have a discounted set price for reg work.
Also a good way to get your cards given out, drivers will do that because the busier you are the busier they are.
As for the free tan, £20 for a tan = a darn sight more then one journey in a car in my book.:hug:

I would post again here, I am sure a few more geeks will want to help. I agree with the others, don't involve them anymore, the time will come when they need a treatment and I would charge full price too.

Also as time goes on and you complete more courses, get your licence and get your business booming they will look at you and wish they had treated you better (they will not admit it) but they will

Cant remember who it was on here that gave this advice.. but it really helped me.. not neccesarily in the same predicament that you are in, but im sure it may apply..

Dont run before you can walk...

Now you seem youngish.. (dont be offended.. i wish i could start fresh) and you seem also to be without children or family to look after to i would advise that you focus more on what you are capable of doing rather then what you are not..

get you name out there sure.. but focus on services that will not make you rely on others to get you there.. save save save.. get the license and car.. make every penny count.. DONT buy things that are not needed or book courses that can wait.. you have an amazing carreer ahead of you and with youth and determination you can make it anything you want to be..

have you thought about a part time job in another field to help you save for what you want and need to make it in this one??

mum and sisters can not be part of this.. you really need to get tough with yourself and them.. keeping them happy is not going to make you happy, and while they are treating you like this, your confience will end up the victim..

get tough baby.. and go for it!

Learning to drive is just as important a course as any of the others you've spent 900 notes on. It's an essential part of your business toolkit.
I try very hard to never rely on other people, and I encourage others to be independent. YOU are the one with the vested interest in this, not your models. To them it's just a freebie, to you it's a vital part of your career development, and you should never assume that others will take this as seriously as you will.

1. Learn to drive, even if it means that one of your "nice to have" courses needs to wait a while.

2. Always ensure that you have several people available to model for you, and ALWAYS thank them with a bottle of wine/flowers/chocolates/card afterwards.

3. Never rely on family, especially those with children. There will always be a reason why they can't help out at the last minute, whether it's little Johnny's tonsils/school concert/nits.

4. Remember the acronym "OAR". Take Ownership of your business. Be Accountable for what you do. Take Responsibility for its success or failure.

Yeah, I know. This all sounds brutal, but, guess what - business IS brutal!

Hi have you thought of renting a room maybe, this will cut out the mobile dilema!!
You will have the initial layout to start off with but getting the driving lessons, car, insurance, petrol would maybe cost just as much.

Not sure how far you are in to your training or if you are already qualified, but this is one solution for when you are fully trained.

Keep your chin up regarding your sisters, I think they are just a tad jealous of the baby of the family getting on. As for your model will your mom not help you out she seems to be very suppotive of you?:hug:

learning to drive is just as important a course as any of the others you've spent 900 notes on. It's an essential part of your business toolkit.
I try very hard to never rely on other people, and i encourage others to be independent. You are the one with the vested interest in this, not your models. To them it's just a freebie, to you it's a vital part of your career development, and you should never assume that others will take this as seriously as you will.

1. Learn to drive, even if it means that one of your "nice to have" courses needs to wait a while.

2. Always ensure that you have several people available to model for you, and always thank them with a bottle of wine/flowers/chocolates/card afterwards.

3. Never rely on family, especially those with children. There will always be a reason why they can't help out at the last minute, whether it's little johnny's tonsils/school concert/nits.

4. Remember the acronym "oar". Take ownership of your business. Be accountable for what you do. Take responsibility for its success or failure.

Yeah, i know. This all sounds brutal, but, guess what - business is brutal!

brilliant!

Thanks for all your advice guys its very much appreciated and i will take it on board. I cant really cancel my courses now as ive paid deposits etc. But i will start my lessons in May.

You know i done my sister a free tan for taking me with her? Well i done it last night she rang me up this morning screaming down the phone at me that i made her face look too dark and streaky yet i warned her not to have two layers on her face but she demanded two layers so its her fault why its dark but the streakyness how on earth could i streak a face that has been covered twice with tan.. I told her it must be how she slept last night but she fails to blame herself. :mad:

Cheeky cow! But how funny :lol:. Serves her right!

Hi Vi

I don't do anything for my sister either. She doesn't appreciate it and all I get are complaints so I refuse now. She is also very negative about anything I do as is my mother and much as I love both of them it does nothing for my self esteem! I have had to distance myself with regards to my beauty work with both of them.

I know its hard but whats really in it for you? They let you down at the last minute, they take advantange when they want something and don't give anything back so just leave them to it! I would see about the taxi firm and definately driving lessons! Don't be reliant on anyone, look after yourself as everyone else looks after themselves!
Good luck!
Lx

Hi geeks,

I am so angry and fed up with my sisters and i dont know what to do anymore :irked:

I had a spray tanning party booked tonight for 6 tans as i dont drive i asked my sister to take me and come with me she said yeah thats fine and now ive rang her this morning she is saying no because she has got things to do. So i then rang my other sister (as in the first place she complained that i chose the other sister to come with me) so i asked her and she said no ive got to cook dinner at that time and its not my problem its yours!

And then i have my gel nails course booked for sunday i asked my sister if she would be my model and she said yeah last week ask her again yesterday she said no i cant now.

I a just go angry with them as they just wont help me at all, and im always there to help them - i think they envy the fact that im going somewhere in life and the fact that my mum helps me out financially for my courses and i think this may be the reason why. They dont seem at all bothered or interested in what courses i am doing or what im qualified in.
I said to my sister the other day oh ill do you a manicure seen as a i am a professional she said no your not you havent even done that course yet??? :mad: When i done it last year april and she was my flimming model for the mani and pedi course.

I only have two other friends which also again wont help out as models and they dont drive

What can i do about this situation? Im so sick of them telling me yes and letting me down at the last minute and not even being bothered about what i do? Yet when they are going out and want a spray tan then they are interested!

And do you know what makes me angry the most i sat there for an hour and half on friday doing one of my sisters a manicure and pedicure for a wedding she was going to (unpaid) and now she lets me down??

thanks for your help guys dont know what to do anymore
x

ask for the money off them,
if they want anything again say sorry i'll have to check my diary see if i can fit you in would u like a pricelist.
i know the feelin its like y do i bend over backwards for u when i dont get chuff all in return. and she wont do anything for me!!

:(
awww hun i know exactly how your feeling... sisters dont have alot to do with me anyway but i have a few friends who can drive ect... and i had same prob as you one min say one thing then let you down at last min! and same goes for childcare with friends... was them that pushed me to just go for the course before driving.. and then let me down big time on 2 training days and not having family around made me stuck as hell!!!

I just dont ask them for help any more... not worth the hassel it causes when they let you down!

Why not make friends here.. close to home and then you can help one another out when need be??
only an idea!

I have to post about my sister, she is the most supportive person in my life and I hope that I am the same with and to her. Don't get me wrong it wasn't always like this - long story for another time.

It's just that it's made me realise how far we have come, I don't ever judge her and I know she is the same with me.

I tan her regularly, she loves it and she does loads for me in return, but we don't even see it that way now. She aint ever gonna see this post - but to everyone out there I just want to say she truly is the best.

Latest posts

Back