Refund advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KirstieLou

Reaction score
I had 2 ladies in for lashes Friday and majority of them fell out by the morning. This was because my glue had gone off so was totally my fault! I've got then re booked in tomorrow but they are now asking for a refund. I've offered a voucher for another treatment instead but they aren't having any of it. Would you refund as was my fault?x

As a good will gesture on this occasion i would.
Xx

As it wasnt there fault i would x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

If you have them re-booked then there's no need to refund, but you could give a 10% off voucher for a future treatment as a gesture of goodwill.
x

If It was your fault Why shouldnt they be entitled to a full refund? They arent trying to 'do you out of money' or 'pull a fast one'. Id be offering them a full cash refund AND a voucher for 10% off a future treatment with a disgustingly ass sucking apology. If youre down financially then thats your own fault. Just suck it up and do all you can to restore their faith in you/your business.x

Last edited:
I would state they keep there appointment for a redo and also offer them a half price infill this way you get to see the clients face to face again and show them you want there ongoing business explain the reason there lashes came of and thank them for there feedback

Its down to you, I would prefer to do a re do than refund, and unlike above don't go ott with a refund apology and a discount. A simple "I'm sorry, I think something may have been Wrong with the glue" is enough with a re do, or a refund. Xoxo

I would, if it were me. They'd get a full refund and a new set for free too.
They may have wanted the lashes for a special occasion...

I'd re do and give two free infills each
Wouldn't give a refund as you've redone
But as a sorry do infills free twice

How much were lashes how much are infills?

Not only would I have refunded the cost of the lashes, I would also take into account the 'cost' of disappointment for them, and for the 'cost' of their inconvenience because they are having to come back.
So, personally, I would have said, "I am so sorry about this. I always give a great service but on this occasion, I failed to do so. I am happy to refund you in full, and as a gesture of good will, like to give you both a £20 Voucher each to spend on products or on another treatment aswell".

If it wasn't my fault, then that's a different ball game, but on this occasion, I would swallow a huge chunk of humble pie and make this a happy outcome for all. :)

The girls had them in for their night they wanted them for luckily! I'm re doing both & giving them a £10 voucher each also. Thanks for opinions, I did want to refund recently read posts of making sure your my seen to give refund easy so I wasn't sure. No humble pie to be eaten as I'm happy to refund as was midair f there own!x

I personally would give either a refund or a redo not both. Maybe offer them a discount off if they want them redone

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

That's great, well done!

I had a similar embarrassing situation a few months months ago. I work mobile during the week and rent a room on Saturdays, one Saturday I had a new client booked in for Bio Sculpture, I started prepping her and went to pass her the colour chart only to find that I'd left my bag of gels at home. I was horrified, it was the first time anything like that had happened and it was just typical that she was a new client. Luckily I had everything else so was able to offer Shellac as an alternative along with a huge apology, a discount on that treatment and her next treatment. I now have a lovely regular who recommends me to all her friends. A bit of customer service goes a long way! :Love:

I think you handled it well, things like that are always difficult but I think good customer service does go a long way x

Thank you I'm glad you agree I did!
Oh no were only human we all make these silly mistakes and I think people know this :) xx

Latest posts

Back