Regulating nail salons 10 minute rule in parliament

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keeleydee

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have been working closely with my MP Ed Vaiseye, and we have just prepared a load of press releases to go to the newspapers, and this morning we were on foxfm our local radio station (on the 1pm news !!!)

This is following the advice from the MP of Milton Keynes who suggests we get as much press as we can with regards to her 10 minute rule that she presented in parliament a few weeks ago, i have a copy of it if anyone wishes to read it please email me and i will send it to you. My email address is [email protected]

What are your thoughts on all of this and ide love to hear about what you do in your area to educate the public on the hazards of MMA nails ?

I think this is excellent.

Most people aren't aware of the hazards of MMA and why it shouldn't be used, so i think it would be good to do more to educate everyone in this and how to tell if the tech or salon you go to is a good one or not.

My clients always ask me about this and they get told the good and the bad practices when it comes to nails etc and i have gained many clients through this sort of education. But we need to go bigger and wider area wise to really make a difference and make people realize the dangers of going to Non Standard Salons and the damage that can be caused.

Well done for speaking forward for us all.

The problem appears from the previous press stuff about this is they dont tell the clients the true facts or give enough info - just that salons use "bad glue" and we all seem to get tarred with the same brush.

Apart from trying to give my clients the correct information I have found it very difficult to get the wider word across so well done to you. :hug:

thanku ladies

I am very impressed by the hard work you have done and hope a result can be achieved and the actual bill read on the 25th.

This can only be a good thing. You have managed to do what allot of us have not so very well done and thank you. :hug:

I am very impressed by the hard work you have done and hope a result can be achieved and the actual bill read on the 25th.

This can only be a good thing. You have managed to do what allot of us have not so very well done and thank you. :hug:

thanku Gigi for your lovely comments

forgive me if i have this rong, is there another mp doing the same surname "starkey"? well done for your efforts and persaverance(sp)

forgive me if i have this rong, is there another mp doing the same surname "starkey"? well done for your efforts and persaverance(sp)
Lets hope so, the more MPs that are involved the better :hug:

yes you are right, I am working with my MP Ed Vaiseye, but it was MP Dr Phyllis Starkey that took this 10 min rule to parliament last month along with comments and correspondence from myself and a few other nail techs.

it would be great if all of us could get help from our MP's, mine has been excellent, and so has Dr Starkey MP for Milton Keynes.

Get contacting your MPs ladies....I have just spent the last hour doing just this, my MP has agreed to the Bill going forward so she already has an interest....we need to bombard them with our concerns and information about clients who have come to us from these salons.

In the past we have always said refer to Trading Standards etc.....we now know we need to refer them to our MPs as nothing has been done about this in the past as there have been no consumer complaints to MPs.

One of my clients started a Facebook Group as she was mortified when she heard about it on the radio...... Login | Facebook

Let's keep this ball rolling!

Keeley if you pm me or email me all the details you have,
i will jump on the band wagon and hot foot it to my MP and hopefully add another one to the numbers hth
i think it is great what you have managed to get accomplished :hug:

hi im new at n nails as im a hairdresser as well i was wondering why nail tecs havent got something like the hairdressing council register but for nail techs €r i know that there a lot of orgs tho maybe this is some thing that nail ptechs can rustal up who would be intrested i wonder :hug:

Keeley if you pm me or email me all the details you have,
i will jump on the band wagon and hot foot it to my MP and hopefully add another one to the numbers hth
i think it is great what you have managed to get accomplished :hug:

go for it girls, write to your MP's, send pics of damaged nails, your concerns etc, maybe the government will start taking it seriously, if nothing else just get as much press coverage locally in your area as you can, the more we can educate the public, the better !!!!

I'm so with you on this, no one in our area has brought this to light with the public, I know I always tell my clients why MMA should be banned. There is a chinese nail bar due to open in my town soon, I'm not saying they use it but I'm not saying they don't!! I don't know how to go about getting my local mp involved.

Have had a very positive resonse from my MP already......come on girls and boys, get it rolling!!!!

I'm so with you on this, no one in our area has brought this to light with the public, I know I always tell my clients why MMA should be banned. There is a chinese nail bar due to open in my town soon, I'm not saying they use it but I'm not saying they don't!! I don't know how to go about getting my local mp involved.
You just phone their office ( you can find the number in your yellow pages) and make an appointment to go and have a chat with them and put your concerns across,
keeley is emailing me the info that she has used, i am sure if you send her a pm with your email she will do the same for you hth

I have to say i have had dealings with my MP before and he was really helpful but it was an entirely different subject.

You can also do a Google search for your local MP and email them from their website, which is what I did! If you can't find him/her send me a PM with your address and I'll see if I can find them for you.

You can also do a Google search for your local MP and email them from their website, which is what I did! If you can't find him/her send me a PM with your address and I'll see if I can find them for you.

wo what an amazing network we have here, looks like we will cause a tidal wave at the parliament lol. go for it girls lets rock the UK, i think we can make a difference, use your contacts, ask your clients who they know, newspapers, magazine editors, tv, radio... we have a huge network at the end of our fingers and clients will love to help, you never know unless you ask and remember its always WHo you know xxx
keep me posted on how you get on, well done cathie for moving so quickly, its amazing to see so many passionate nail folk !!!!!

Responsible nail technicians UNITE!! Geeks have made a difference before and we can again. This site is more powerful than you realise.

Totally....get writing to your MPs!

Latest posts

Back