Regulating nail salons 10 minute rule in parliament

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll try and sort out Surrey!

I will definately be writing to my local MP, the more of us who get involved the better, these NNS's are popping up all over the place - ruining peoples nails and more to the point - giving our industry a bad name ! It has to be stopped - something has to be done :mad:

Maybe we should unite with banners outside no.10 :lol: we'd get noticed then !!!!

Done - written to my MP Bill Cash in Staffordshire so lets hope we all have some impact.

x x x

I wrote to my MP and she responded very quickly with this response:

Thanks for contacting me. I was actually one of the sponsors of Phyllis Starkey's bill, and sent out a press release to the local media. However they all - with the exception of GWR - ignored it. When I met with the GWR journalist, Kierstan, she told me that her boss had actually binned the press release. Out of curiosity, however, she asked others in the office if they'd encountered any problems - and was amazed by the response, which is why she'd decided to cover it. I later discovered that my mother had also been a victim of one of these cowboy outfits!

I noticed the other day that one of the Church Road nail salons has a sign in its window saying no MMA, but the other one further up does not. It would be really useful to gather some more information on who has been affected by this. The Bill has its second reading on Friday 25th April, and I will be in Parliament to support it.

Best wishes, and do keep me posted on this. If you can come up with a few names of clients who are prepared to talk to the media, I'd be happy to facilitate it, and I think the Evening Post would probably be interested.

Kerry McCarthy MP.

I will be keeping in touch with my MP....probably helps that she is female!

Done - written to my MP Bill Cash in Staffordshire so lets hope we all have some impact.

x x x
us it not janet dean?(labour)

I wrote to my MP and she responded very quickly with this response:

Thanks for contacting me. I was actually one of the sponsors of Phyllis Starkey's bill, and sent out a press release to the local media. However they all - with the exception of GWR - ignored it. When I met with the GWR journalist, Kierstan, she told me that her boss had actually binned the press release. Out of curiosity, however, she asked others in the office if they'd encountered any problems - and was amazed by the response, which is why she'd decided to cover it. I later discovered that my mother had also been a victim of one of these cowboy outfits!

I noticed the other day that one of the Church Road nail salons has a sign in its window saying no MMA, but the other one further up does not. It would be really useful to gather some more information on who has been affected by this. The Bill has its second reading on Friday 25th April, and I will be in Parliament to support it.

Best wishes, and do keep me posted on this. If you can come up with a few names of clients who are prepared to talk to the media, I'd be happy to facilitate it, and I think the Evening Post would probably be interested.

Kerry McCarthy MP.

I will be keeping in touch with my MP....probably helps that she is female!
didnt we have some correspondance from a collague with phillis starkey email address on it ? , would it be an idea to c.c her in all email s to our mp as knowledge evidence is power for her ? All mp may not be as driven and passioante about this subject as " starsky"

us it not janet dean?(labour)

Well I put my postcode on the link previously provided Caroline and it came up with Bill for ST10. (p.s. - will ring you later).

Thanks for the e-mail Keeley,

I am in full agreement, I have seen the damaged caused from some of the nail bars in question.

Regarding regulation, NVQ Level 3 is mentioned, is this the level at which registration would be accepted if the bill was to go ahead?

Very interesting reading, would I need permission to quote some of this on a website?

Champagne

What exactly is the "Ten Minute Rule"?

I've already signed the petition on another thread banning MMA, so am bumping this up so other geeks can see and hopefully lobby their MP's. The more we can do, the better it will be. Thankx. :)

I've already signed the petition on another thread banning MMA, so am bumping this up so other geeks can see and hopefully lobby their MP's. The more we can do, the better it will be. Thankx. :)

thanku everyone, keep bumping this thread up so everyone gets a chance to read it, for everyone who is unsure what it is all about i am just in the throws of posting it all to my website along with pictures and press releases from my MP, i will let you know when it is all up and ready to read x

Latest posts

Back