further to the MMA story ... need pics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keeleydee

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

The battle continues...... I have a glossy magazine that is writing an exclusive story on the hazards of MMA and we need good pictures of damaged caused by this product, do any of you have any clear fotos of MMA damaged nails, pitting, burning, allergic reactions, wafer thin after removal, infected?

I need these before the end of the weekend please, this is going to get good press coverage so please help, and also for all of you that still havnt signed the online petition please visit my website and sign your name and forward it to your clients, friends, family etc, My MP wants to take it to parliament but we need many more signatures, thanku in advance.

can you send any fotos to [email protected]

I wish you had given us/we more notice, I had an amazing client in today, 3 green nails, 2 nails with 2mm of nail (the rest horny tissue) and rings of fire on every nailplate.

I would normally take pictures, but she is so emabarrassed she wants to wait a few weeks, it has taken me 20 years to get this client (she always went to NSS ) even though she sang my praises to others (she worked in the supermarket underneath my salon for 20 years).

It wasn't until the NSS eventually refused her (the 2 nails with 2mm of nail and the rest ripped off), YES, the NSS refused her after causing this damage, that she eventually came to me. We are in the process of nursing her nails back to health.

I also didn't want to take pictures as I am doing things with her that some of you guys may not approve of, (but they are working).

She will loose a nail during the week, so I will take a picture then (of this one nail) .... or both, I expect her to loose 2 nails per week.

She keeps them painted to cover whats underneath, but she will be back in 2 weeks when I can take all polish off all 10 nails and take a picture.

its a cant wait to look at the road kill sort of fascination, but I really am looking forward to seeing the photos Carl and hopefully the tutorial on how, week by week you bring her back to normal.

its a cant wait to look at the road kill sort of fascination, but I really am looking forward to seeing the photos Carl and hopefully the tutorial on how, week by week you bring her back to normal.

No doubt, many will say "you shouldn't do this, and you shouldn't do that".
I already know this, but I had to help this woman, she works on the checkout at the local supermarket. She has also had cancer treatment in the last few months and is feeling low enough, without her pride and joy (her nails) also being destroyed.

Already ...... within 2 weeks her attitude has "lifted", she has a smile on her face, her nails are growing and she has a new sense of pride.

She is just one I am treating, the other is pregnant, had her nails removed and has pockets under 5 of her nails (I am treating her with hydrogen peroxide and a cleansing regime) scrubbing under her nails with a soft brush I bought just for her to remove dead skin cells and garbage that gets trapped).

I mean scrubbing inside the pockets under her nails after the peroxide has foamed. On Thursday I cut one of her pockets out (yep, cut the part that was lifting right out), so nothing can get trapped underneath and hinder new regrowth (as an experiment). If it works on one nail, we are going to do all 5 nails over the next 5 weeks.

She is at her wits end and has gladly signed a disclaimer

She is going leaps and bounds (and her doctor has given me the thumbs up).

I would never recommend anyone doing this kind of stuff, but the doctors know very little and they forget the very basics of cleanliness and removing dead skin cells (which when trapped underneath in a pocket) will prevent the nail from re-adhering to the nailplate (and often cause re-infection), as well as trapping moisture in the pocket. She also has a 2 year old and is constantly washing her hands (they are wet all day). Even her husband has commented that I am doing miracles where the doctors have failed.

It's all trial (and so far no error), oddly enough I have taken to some very old methods ( I don't have an Autoclave), but I use a chefs gas torch to heat her personal instruments to red hot before doing anything.

Pretty bizarre huh? If you find this all too much, send me a pm and Doctor Jekyll will keep his results and procedures completely private for those who are curious and truly interested.

No doubt, many will say "you shouldn't do this, and you shouldn't do that".
I already know this, but I had to help this woman, she works on the checkout at the local supermarket. She has also had cancer treatment in the last few months and is feeling low enough, without her pride and joy (her nails) also being destroyed.

Already ...... within 2 weeks her attitude has "lifted", she has a smile on her face, her nails are growing and she has a new sense of pride.

She is just one I am treating, the other is pregnant, had her nails removed and has pockets under 5 of her nails (I am treating her with hydrogen peroxide and a cleansing regime) scrubbing under her nails with a soft brush I bought just for her to remove dead skin cells and garbage that gets trapped).

I mean scrubbing inside the pockets under her nails after the peroxide has foamed. On Thursday I cut one of her pockets out (yep, cut the part that was lifting right out), so nothing can get trapped underneath and hinder new regrowth (as an experiment). If it works on one nail, we are going to do all 5 nails over the next 5 weeks.

She is at her wits end and has gladly signed a disclaimer

She is going leaps and bounds (and her doctor has given me the thumbs up).

I would never recommend anyone doing this kind of stuff, but the doctors know very little and they forget the very basics of cleanliness and removing dead skin cells (which when trapped underneath in a pocket) will prevent the nail from re-adhering to the nailplate (and often cause re-infection), as well as trapping moisture in the pocket. She also has a 2 year old and is constantly washing her hands (they are wet all day). Even her husband has commented that I am doing miracles where the doctors have failed.

It's all trial (and so far no error), oddly enough I have taken to some very old methods ( I don't have an Autoclave), but I use a chefs gas torch to heat her personal instruments to red hot before doing anything.

Pretty bizarre huh? If you find this all too much, send me a pm and Doctor Jekyll will keep his results and procedures completely private for those who are curious and truly interested.

Hydrogen peroxide is a miracle worker... I have used this myself, though on my pony... yes I know it's an animal... but she had thrush in her feet... hoofs are essentially nails.... and with daily application and scrubbing after the fizz, it cleared up rapidly...
Well done Carl, notyhing wrong with 'good old fashioned remedies'..
anna :hug:

Hydrogen peroxide is a miracle worker... I have used this myself, though on my pony... yes I know it's an animal... but she had thrush in her feet... hoofs are essentially nails.... and with daily application and scrubbing after the fizz, it cleared up rapidly...
Well done Carl, notyhing wrong with 'good old fashioned remedies'..
anna :hug:

THanks, nice to have someone onside, i'm expecting flack.:)

I don't know why your expecting flack - you sound like the hero here.

I don't need a pic my imagination is pretty good and what I see aaint nice.

I think your going to have one helluva 'before and after' scenario here and look forward to the pics.

paula

Hi Carl :)

I am posting because although I don't know anything about the procedures you are using, you seem to be getting the right results, which imo is the main thing. If the clients are happy (and have signed a disclaimer) then I'd say you were doing ok!

I just wanted to show my support even though I can't contribute as I don't know nearly enough. Good luck with it all (and show us the pics, I have that morbid obsession you were talking about :green:

Sarah. xx

ive never heard of using hydrogen peroxide before it sounds interesting.could someone tell me abit more about it please? thanks

Carl I think it is great what you are doing and I would love to know more and see pics... happy for you to PM me... getting some information from someone so skilled and knowledgeable can only help us new to the industry. I have a client that also has damage from nss and at teh moment she is haveing gentle manicures until her nails grow down.

Thanks

Mel :)
a fellow aussie ;)

Hi, Carl, I agree with Sarah in that I don't know enough it, but I support you because if it works - it works! Please keep us updated.

sorry to hyjack this fab thread but.... Carl,

can i be thick and ask why this works and .....where i'd get some from ( i have hydrogen peroxide for eyelash tints is this what you use or a different strength?)

Its for my own big toe which is looking SUSS:eek:

Nailzoo.. are you documenting this? It would be fascinating to see..

Hi Everyone,

The battle continues...... I have a glossy magazine that is writing an exclusive story on the hazards of MMA and we need good pictures of damaged caused by this product, do any of you have any clear fotos of MMA damaged nails, pitting, burning, allergic reactions, wafer thin after removal, infected?

I need these before the end of the weekend please, this is going to get good press coverage so please help, and also for all of you that still havnt signed the online petition please visit my website and sign your name and forward it to your clients, friends, family etc, My MP wants to take it to parliament but we need many more signatures, thanku in advance.

can you send any fotos to [email protected]

I appluad you and hope you get the pics you need.. I cant help, thankfully!! :lol:

I am just guessing here that the peroxide is bleaching and breaking down the mossy green colour and as the nails are fragile it will be a gentle amount done regularly and gradually.

But also it eliminate the infection so that colour can be applied without it spreading.

Hope I guessed right. Give me a slap if I got it so wrong!!!

Would a little tea tree oil help?

I wish you had given us/we more notice, I had an amazing client in today, 3 green nails, 2 nails with 2mm of nail (the rest horny tissue) and rings of fire on every nailplate.

I would normally take pictures, but she is so emabarrassed she wants to wait a few weeks, it has taken me 20 years to get this client (she always went to NSS ) even though she sang my praises to others (she worked in the supermarket underneath my salon for 20 years).

It wasn't until the NSS eventually refused her (the 2 nails with 2mm of nail and the rest ripped off), YES, the NSS refused her after causing this damage, that she eventually came to me. We are in the process of nursing her nails back to health.

I also didn't want to take pictures as I am doing things with her that some of you guys may not approve of, (but they are working).

She will loose a nail during the week, so I will take a picture then (of this one nail) .... or both, I expect her to loose 2 nails per week.

She keeps them painted to cover whats underneath, but she will be back in 2 weeks when I can take all polish off all 10 nails and take a picture.

yes sorry, i didnt get much notice myself, that would of been perfect for the article though, anyway somehow this thread has ended up people chatting to you lol, i still need some pics geeks x

sorry to hyjack this fab thread but.... Carl,

can i be thick and ask why this works and .....where i'd get some from ( i have hydrogen peroxide for eyelash tints is this what you use or a different strength?)

Its for my own big toe which is looking SUSS:eek:

i dont mind you hyjacking the thread x as long as u have signed my ban MMA petition on my website xx

I have signed your petition hun but sadly i do not have any photos that will help out,
sounds like you are doing wonders carl :hug:

yes I've signed the petition:green:
I to have used Carl's method on a horses hoof as a cure for thrush and for the same reason I think.
The peroxide fizzes and so gets into all the nooks and cranys that the thrush spoors hide away in, it kills of the bacteria and gives you a clean clear work area that can be safely cut away letting air in to dry the foot and allow new hoof to grow.
As I said before Carl I'm really looking forward to the photo's and I think your reasoning is sound, your lady has nail still growing but has a lifted area in the middle, there for this lifted area must be cleaned out in order for normal growth to progress along the nail bed. Its such an unusual situation I don't think you can follow the rules, if there are rules:eek: for this lady.
Wish I could help out with photo's for your article but I don't have any, I'm pretty sure I have seen some on this site, maybe if you search the gallery's something will turn up and then its just a case of pm's to the geeks for permission to use them.

Latest posts

Back