Retail products - what do you use, and what have you used in the past?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I quite like the translucent quality of INOA but I love grey/White hair

U found the colour results "weird" they never came out as I expected. I used to go wholesalers and buy l'oreal for my clients out my own pocket as I despised it so much! Although have to admit the salon owner was rubbish at training as was a tight ass so I could have been choosing the wrong shades

Ahh I see, training is everything with any colour brand, even if u read every bit of information u can get hold of, u need to know your colour ranges like the back of your hand, as their all so different

Isn't that just loreal in general? I know you get what you pay for and inlike some of the ranges but seriously their prices?? X

Yeh pretty much lol

Last edited:
I've never had a problem with the Inoa range or L'Oreal for covering grey. Or any problems in general.

I did, however, find Inoa a pain in the arse.

I swear by Paul Mitchell products. I always go back to them no matter what.

Currently Using:
Colour: Matrix
Retail: Schwarzkopf Osis
Schwarzkopf 3D MEnsion
GHD Style
GHD Irons
Cloud 9

In The Past:
Tigi
Clynol Colour/Retail
Goldwell Colour/ Retail
Joico Colour/Retail
Vitality's Art
Sebastian
Schwarzkopf Colour / Retail
Sexy Hair
Wella Colour/ Retail

I hated Inoa, and despite using majirel for most of my career, couldnt get on with it despite training. Sent the whole lot back, and ended up grossly overcharged by loreal. I now use Redken colour.

I hated Inoa, and despite using majirel for most of my career, couldnt get on with it despite training. Sent the whole lot back, and ended up grossly overcharged by loreal. I now use Redken colour.

If only I wasn't self employed I'd love redken colour! X

Its the best I ever used

I didn't know they did colour!

Their semi range is the best around. Have used it for years. Is head and shoulders above anything else on the market. Their permanent ranges are brilliant too.

well in the past we have had

Wella
Loreal
Alfaparf ( Never ever again )

Matrix currently but we are having sexy hair and I.D retail in the new year

well in the past we have had

Wella
Loreal
Alfaparf ( Never ever again )

Matrix currently but we are having sexy hair and I.D retail in the new year[/QUOT

Sexy hair is without a doubt the worst product range iv ever had!!
Theres far too much to stock, i found it expensive for what it was, i must admit, i do have a shelf of it atm but it what i havent sold from last year.
It never budges, it reminds me of going to superdrug and browsing the isles, also you can buy it cheaper in tk max :( x

oh we love Sexy hair we have had Big hair and the silky collection and in the silky collection there are 7 products, i would not say that was large ?

Also Sexy is NOT in Tkmaxx that is Tigi or the very odd little bit of old stock Biolage gift packs.

Their semi range is the best around. Have used it for years. Is head and shoulders above anything else on the market. Their permanent ranges are brilliant too.

My college have just started using redken colour and it really is amazing!! I love love love it!!!

Sent from my E15i using SalonGeek

I know that some of the more experienced posters such as Persianista and Bluerinse will appreciate this when I say it, but I half smiled when I read how some posters were unhappy with Inoa or Majirel and much prefer "some other brand manufactured by and owned by L'Oreal" (i.e. Redken, Matrix etc.)

Made me giggle :D

But the overwhelming thing about this thread that has struck me throughout is that I am glad I am not the only product whore (or Aveda fan!) LOL.

:eek:

Will be interesting to revisit this thread in 3 years time and see if we're all still using the same products or if we've fallen out of love with them. :)

Very true! My cheques are made out to loreal!

I did love majirel, and used it for years, but after a debacle over inoa, being ripped off rotten by a loreal rep, and a failure to rectify it, I prefer not to deal direct with loreal.

Currently Using:
Colour: Matrix
Retail: Schwarzkopf Osis
Schwarzkopf 3D MEnsion
GHD Style
GHD Irons
Cloud 9

In The Past:
Tigi
Clynol Colour/Retail
Goldwell Colour/ Retail
Joico Colour/Retail
Vitality's Art
Sebastian
Schwarzkopf Colour / Retail
Sexy Hair
Wella Colour/ Retail

Question What do you think of ghd compared to cloud 9 ? do you use the O rollers or conventional

well just seen our MATRIX Rep and we are staying with Matrix, just ordered the new dream age colors whick look FAB and he told me of there big launch next month of new Ultra blondes inc a hi lift pearl color sounds lush, we made the decision to stay as we can get stock quickly, good price and also the education as well, cant beat it !!!!

well just seen our MATRIX Rep and we are staying with Matrix, just ordered the new dream age colors whick look FAB and he told me of there big launch next month of new Ultra blondes inc a hi lift pearl color sounds lush, we made the decision to stay as we can get stock quickly, good price and also the education as well, cant beat it !!!!

Dream age been out ages!!!

oh i know that, i meant the new shades he showed us today 4rb,5rb and a 8Bc they were gorgous

currently using
Matrix colours
Pureology amazing
Joico amazing
Redken
Some Tigi

Have used
Matrix styling (bunch of pants)
Loreal colours and styling
Redken colours - ok but threw off lots of gold
Aveda shampoos - nice but the smell attracted wasps.....seriously:eek:
Kerastase - lovely