salon raided by police

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twice-as-nice

Reaction score
I had a look if anyone else had mentioned it but couldnt see.

Last thursday in the peterborough newspaper two "nail bars" were raided by the police in Peterborough, 14 vietnameese were arrested on drug and immigration charges. come to your own conclusions. if anyone else is not playing by the rules then I hope the police raid you as well!

unfortunatly clients were asked to leave with half done nails and obviously were upset, bet they wont go to one of those places again.

Mmmmmm...so other nail techs in peterborough...sharpen those files cos you could be busy after this. lol xx

Two down,loads more to go !

But it's a start !

Goodness me how scarey for the clients ... although they may well have had a lucky escape!

I only live 20 minutes away & I didnt know about this!! I just have done a quick search & one of the salons raided is busiest in the town!

That must have been scary for clients ...

Yes it was on the front page of the local newspaper.

One poor girl was suposedly in the middle of getting a set done for her wedding. Its was a pity for her.

here is the article as reported on the web on peterboroughtoday.co.uk

Charges follow nail bar swoop
TWO Vietnamese citizens have been charged with growing after police swooped on two city nail bars.
Hai Phan (42) and Oanh Thi Kim Hoang (35), both of Foxdale, New England, Peterborough, will appear at Peterborough Magistrates' Court today, where they will face four counts of producing a class C drug.
Hoang has also been charged with possession of a class C drug with intent to supply.
It follows police raids on the Pink and White nail salon, in Rivergate, and the Blazing Nails salon, in Park Road, on Wednesday morning.
A total of 14 people were arrested during the raids, of which seven have been detained by immigration authorities.
A 38-year-old man and 23-year-old woman, both arrested on producing cannabis, were also questioned by police and have been released on bail. They will report back to Thorpe Wood police station on November 6 .
A 22-year-old woman and a 24-year-old man remain in custody.

Like you've said its a start..... they so badley run, they treat the clients like its a factory, get as many in and out as they can.
did anyone hear on the news , i think it was about a month ago about nail salons in bristol undergoing health & hygine? and the magority of them are not qualified. i suppose its a good thing for us ladies who have.

caz xx :Love:

It is just a shame that doing damage to people's nails isnt a crime in itself?

These people have only been arrested because of something else they were doing...

What a shame this didn't get national coverage, if it had I wonder how many nail bars around the country would be short of staff:)

What a shame this didn't get national coverage, if it had I wonder how many nail bars around the country would be short of staff:)

Sorry I am confused - these people were arrested for Growing illegal drugs no? I'm not sure where the connection with nails bars and cannibis comes from? Surely it is just a coincidence that they work in a nail bar (and a bad one at that)?

Otherwise - I must be missing something!!!

Finally an excuse for doing such crap nails .........
THEY WERE STONED !!!!!!!!! :)

Finally an excuse for doing such crap nails .........
THEY WERE STONED !!!!!!!!! :)

ROFLMAO!!!

Oh thats so BAD, but its so FUNNY :smack:

Apparently in Exeter a few months back one of the biggest nail establishments goe 'done over' for having loads of unqualified illegal immigrants working. Again, no coverage on local news!!

Like you've said its a start..... they so badley run, they treat the clients like its a factory, get as many in and out as they can.
did anyone hear on the news , i think it was about a month ago about nail salons in bristol undergoing health & hygine? and the magority of them are not qualified. i suppose its a good thing for us ladies who have.

caz xx :Love:

Actually this was brought up a while back with loads of discussion. the media reported it in a way that made it seem that the majority of nail salons had poor standards when actual fact 80% of salons passed the inspection. Still bad that 20% failed, but as you can see the majority in fact passed.

That's crazy news... but not as odd as the rumour that a nss near where I live is a front for a brothel!!!! -possible I guess! :eek:

seems like the nss bubble is starting to burst.

the only thing I read was a salon was raided I didn't read anything about it being nss or producing crap nails .

this happened to a local Nail bar here too, it was raided and now closed in relation to drugs.

the only thing I read was a salon was raided I didn't read anything about it being nss or producing crap nails .

I agree it doesn't mean they do crappy nails but i do think that dealing drugs from there does makes them NSS...Non Standard Salon....its not my idea of standards. xx

Latest posts

Back