salon raided by police

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the people who work in the NSS that i feel sorry for, a vietnamese person told me that most of the workers in the nail bar come over to the UK to work thinking they are coming here for a better life then when they get here they are only paid about £2 an hour or so, the big boss's keep the rest of the money to cover the cost of their plane tickets over - which is usually priced way above what was actually paid. Plus the nail bar charges the workers £1,200 for an NVQ certificate so they can work there (you would be amazed how they get these!) and the nail bar keep the certs & their passports so the workers can't go anywhere else to work so they are forced to stay there until they have paid their huge debt off.

what people on the street see is a cheap nail bar but what goes on behind the scenes is something else.

sounds like human traffiking (sp)...somethings that go on in this world are beyond believe. x

Had it be any other profession though, like doctors mistreating people, or anything else that can bodged it would be everywhere, papers tv, the lot. Its almost as if people seem to think because people will willingly pay for treatments and its not classed as a necessity it is sort of deserved or something. I just remember someone saying whilst a friend was telling me of an experience at an nss "well you went and kept paying them", like she deserved it or something. If the suffering clients don't report them the councils never get to hear what actually happens in these placedsand its alowed to continue. Saying that though, many people don't actually know that what the nss are doing is wrong so they probably dont think there's any need to report them.

Sorry for this rant!

That's crazy news... but not as odd as the rumour that a nss near where I live is a front for a brothel!!!! -possible I guess! :eek:

these days anythings possible! what a strange world its turning out to be! our local chinese restaurant turned out to be a brothel too!

I agree nss may be no more !

That's crazy news... but not as odd as the rumour that a nss near where I live is a front for a brothel!!!! -possible I guess! :eek:

That's funny you should say that,the hair salon at the end of our stree is just that !

It's very aptly named ....... just for men !

It's the people who work in the NSS that i feel sorry for, a vietnamese person told me that most of the workers in the nail bar come over to the UK to work thinking they are coming here for a better life then when they get here they are only paid about £2 an hour or so, the big boss's keep the rest of the money to cover the cost of their plane tickets over - which is usually priced way above what was actually paid. Plus the nail bar charges the workers £1,200 for an NVQ certificate so they can work there (you would be amazed how they get these!) and the nail bar keep the certs & their passports so the workers can't go anywhere else to work so they are forced to stay there until they have paid their huge debt off.

what people on the street see is a cheap nail bar but what goes on behind the scenes is something else.

this is very common in the south-east asian community.... many people come over here hoping to earn heaps but then just spend their time paying back their 'travel fare'....

there are more shocking stories behind-the-scenes that never gets to see the day of light..

SO!....................This is why i have had a number of calls from Peterborough area then asking for me to do their nails!
It's 40 miles from me so it's a no no.

Perhaps having a nail bar as a 'front' and all the serious stuff (Non-nail related) goes on behind the scenes. Maybe that's why NSS have no standards?? Just a thought!

these days anythings possible! what a strange world its turning out to be! our local chinese restaurant turned out to be a brothel too!
i bet you had to be carful what you ordered on the menu.. might have got a bit of a shock otherwise..:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Two down,loads more to go !

But it's a start !
here here............

better start phoning immigration!!!!!:) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :idea:

I never could/can understand how those salons pay those amazing rents in shopping centres, they only seem to be busy on weekends here and i know for a fact in some of those centres the rents are $4500.00 per week, thats alot of nails/feet, alot of wages and alot of overheads. I know quite a few friends of clients that have toenails falling out left right & center, i really think it's just a matter of time, they teach each other and each time they do it, the information gets diluted. They have a time bomb just waiting to go off, lack of sanitisation with feet and lack of education in nails. It's a cesspool of bacteria, fungus, inferior products, nail damage, sanitisation issues, immigration issues, lack of education and communication with clients. The drugs issue was actually a shock to me, but i don't think it's typical, i'd prefer to cite the obvious. There is plenty of stuff mentioned in professional mags/sites etc. Now it needs to be seen in womens mags and become common knowledge. Anyone who has a salon should display information on MMA, sterilisation and their qualifications, even include this info in flyers and advertising material you use to educate clients considering nail/pedicure services. In this era of the internet, all information should be based on fact, not innuendo or here-say, as people may like to do their own research to find out the seriousness of these issues.

I once spoke to a girl, in a similar situation. She was telling me that she had been brough over to work with her 'uncle' i think it was. She was only 14, or so she said, but on her documents she was meant to be 18. She was saying how there is usually one man that owns the salon and trains the techs.

I think we can assume that the majority of these techs arent born and bred brits (nothing wrong with that) from the fact clients say they cant speak the language!!

Latest posts

Back