Sent this client to gp, was I right?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clara doon

Reaction score
Hi geeks
I've has this lady in today for a set of l&p enhancements, but after taking a look at her nails I've sent her to the GP.:irked: This is the first time I have had to do this and I felt awful.:cry: She has been wearing stick on nails for quite a few years and would make them last about 2-3 weeks,she also has thyroid trouble but I don't think this is whats wrong.

I've told her I think its fungal nail infection also bacterial infection due to the large greenie on her nail, she has the ends of the nail just crumble away so I'm sure its fungal. I also told her that i thought wearing the stick on nails had caused this problem, she asked if she would be able to have her nails done once she has sorted them out, which I said would be OK as long as the problems had gone.

I have said and done the right thing haven't I???

Attachments

• linda.JPG
    linda.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 253
  • linda 3..JPG
    linda 3..JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 239
dont you just love stick on nails....!!!!

They are supposed to be for one night once in a while....not every day use.

what a mess. xxx

omg i think you did the right thing imo this is caused by stick on nails water gets underneath them and hey presto you ara left with this i would have done exactly the same.After treatment they should be fine to do.

I think you have done the right thing - you wouldn't want to get the blame if something worse happened to her nails

We have a lady who wears stick on nails all the time,in fact I have never seen her without them.God knows what will be lurking underneath them.

I think that you were right to have done this too. I do feel awful for you, this being your first time having to refuse a treatment as I haven't had to refuse anybody yet, but don't feel bad because what you have done is aided this lady in getting her nails in better shape and I am sure she will come back to you for enhancements because of your knowledge and help!:hug:

Teri x

You did the right thing.

Stick on nails - well! My niece was to be my model last weekend in Dublin but just didn't think it relevant to tell me she had absolutely TRASHED her nails with stick-ons. I had to get someone from the queue to model for me.

I have a client with a nail like that and sent her to her doc for advice or a letter of approval. Her doc took a sample and has sent it away for analysis. Her problems were caused at a NSS.:rolleyes:

The most badly damaged nails I have ever seen or had to work on, and with the most serious problems re fungus and bacterial infections, have been the ladies who have worn stick ons for a prolonged period of time. These poor gals are so frightened to stop wearing them because their nails look so bad, that they just exacerbate the problem by continuing to use them.

Stick ons are a bio hazard if worn for more than 48 hours. They are filthy and they are deleterious to the natural nail. Many women use Super Glue to stick them on, thinking it is the same as nail adhesive and do even more damage.

You did the right thing. You did this gal a big favour. If she can bear to keep them off for a few months and then treat herself to a nice sanitary set of permanent nail enhancements, then so much the better for her and her nails.

I agree, I think you did the right thing.

On another note, how many rings does she wear !! :)

Marlise

Well done for sending her to the docs, thats awful.

But you can see what shes always sticking nails on, i would if i had nails like that.

She'll back once its all healed ( We hope )

I agree, I think you did the right thing.

On another note, how many rings does she wear !! :)

Marlise

lol:) i was thinking the same Marlise....i enlarged the first pic and thought .....god this woman likes her rings, I wonder whether she has one on her thumb???:eek: so enlarged second pic and yes, there it us :rolleyes: lol, going back to the thread.....yuk, definately did the right thing:hug:

sandy x

You deffo did the right thing with your client!

As geeg says stick on nails cause more damage to nat nails than anything! It doesnt help when clients use superglue and then prise them off to put some more on staright away!

And then they have a cheek to say enhancements damagae you nails :eek:

No madam its you putting rubish on your nails and then pulling them off again :eek:

Amanda

I think you did the right thing. I had a client with the exact same nails. She had stick ons for a few years (and she still has) I also send her to a docter. But some people never learn, saw her a few weeks ago asnd she had her stick on nails again.

Minette

The client rang a little while ago and had managed to get to see her GP this afternoon. He has given her some ointment to paint on her nails and some oral tablets. So I'm happy she has done something to get it sorted. Thank you everyone on your replies, It has given me a little more confidence on my (little) knowledge and ability xx

You did the lady a favour by advising to go to the dr's,god knows what would have happened if you hadnt! well done

The client rang a little while ago and had managed to get to see her GP this afternoon. He has given her some ointment to paint on her nails and some oral tablets. So I'm happy she has done something to get it sorted. Thank you everyone on your replies, It has given me a little more confidence on my (little) knowledge and ability xx

Thats fantastic news hun. Well done on sticking with your decision, and its great news that the GP actually took notice and gave treatment to this lady!
:hug: xxx

:eek::eek::eek: I'm amazed this woman has any nails left at all:eek:
So glad her doctor sorted her out, now fingers crossed that she comes back to you for a decent set of nails:lol:

Well done in sending her to her doctor....I really hope this woman follows all your advice and isn't tempted to use stick on nails again.

The most badly damaged nails I have ever seen or had to work on, and with the most serious problems re fungus and bacterial infections, have been the ladies who have worn stick ons for a prolonged period of time. These poor gals are so frightened to stop wearing them because their nails look so bad, that they just exacerbate the problem by continuing to use them.

Stick ons are a bio hazard if worn for more than 48 hours. They are filthy and they are deleterious to the natural nail. Many women use Super Glue to stick them on, thinking it is the same as nail adhesive and do even more damage.

You did the right thing. You did this gal a big favour. If she can bear to keep them off for a few months and then treat herself to a nice sanitary set of permanent nail enhancements, then so much the better for her and her nails.

I am going to print this out & show my client, her nails are virtually the same as the pic posted & she has worn stick ons for the past couple of years, because she didn't want to continue paying her old tech for enhancements !

She has only had one manicure with me......then she'd stuck some back on less than two days later :grr:

Clara I hope your client takes the advice you give her hun xx

hi, i definatly agree that you have done the right thing, if you hadnt reffered her to her gp, her nails would more than likely have gotten alot worse!

Latest posts

Back