Shellac: Colour fade.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Odee

Reaction score
loving these but i cannot get mine to look the same, these are fab. how would i get the blackout to fade? I thought dry brushing would have done it, but mine did not. red and black.jpg

loving these but i cannot get mine to look the same, these are fab. how would i get the blackout to fade? I thought dry brushing would have done it, but mine did not.View attachment 12631
you could dry brush with a fan brush , try a corner cut off a new unused washing up sponge and stipple it .

Mizzy could you explain that a bit further for me? I havent a clue lol! Is your shellac cured or uncured when your using your sponge? xxx

i didn't think of using a sponge, thanksx

I love this too, would love to know more on how! x

Mizzy could you explain that a bit further for me? I havent a clue lol! Is your shellac cured or uncured when your using your sponge? xxx

The way I would do this, is apply two coats of red curing for two minutes each time... then apply the black at the cuticle area and before you cure I would try to get the effect by using a fan brush or sponge as Mizzy has suggested.

It amazes me how versatile this product is and the things we can do with it, some stunning art and effects can be done. Man I love this stuff!! :D Going to try this effect at some point but with different colours as red looks awful on me

The way I would do this, is apply two coats of red curing for two minutes each time... then apply the black at the cuticle area and before you cure I would try to get the effect by using a fan brush or sponge as Mizzy has suggested.

Thank you angel! I will give it a go one time :) x

Thanks for instructions! Must try it! X

Wow, I wanna try!!

It amazes me how versatile this product is and the things we can do with it, some stunning art and effects can be done. Man I love this stuff!! :D Going to try this effect at some point but with different colours as red looks awful on me
Red doesn't suit me either. I look like I have old witch hands with it on! Lol.

I love this effect but wanted something more subtle. I painted the nail with Blackpool then using a wee bit of cosmetic sponge with tweezers I sponged Hollywood on. This pic doesn't do them justice, you still get the twinkle from the Hollywood and my clients love it.

Ooops photo didn't work x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1331119767.311730.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1331119767.311730.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 927
Wow they look really good :) I'm going to have a go xx

Gorgeous. Going to have to change my nails every few days at this rate, so many colours and effects I want to try out!! :)

I tried it but couldn't do it. I used a sponge that you would wash dishes with and patted the shellac but it didn't look nice. Would you apply it thicker and pat all over the faded colour or just where you want to fade it? X

Ps the sponge got hairs all over my shellac too. X

I tried it but couldn't do it. I used a sponge that you would wash dishes with and patted the shellac but it didn't look nice. Would you apply it thicker and pat all over the faded colour or just where you want to fade it? X

It might work better with a tiny bit of make up sponge instead? Xx

Latest posts

Back