Shellac: Colour fade.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking out loud here so if not right then just ignore me but I wonder, to get the red more intense if it would work if you did your blackpool, then a very thin layer of top coat, then sponge the red on? But then I know you couldn't blend it into the black very well as it would be on top of top coat, just thinking how you could get it more red using Shellac....... So no, probably wouldn't work Lol!! Maybe the only way it might work is by using acrylic or gel paint instead to get the intense red without it altering the colour of the Blackpool?

Good thinking! Might be worth a try. I've just ordered some of Sam Biddles gel paints so that's going to be my first project xx

I was going to try doing half the nail in Blackpool then half the nail in red then sponging them together and maybe blend the black up a bit.

Will let u know how I get on x

I haven't tried this effect yet so can't really comment but on the videos I've watched the sponge is dabbed a bit on some paper/tile so that the smallest amount is actually on the sponge to give the "sponge" effect IYSWIM? Have you tried that? Adding just a little at a time and building it up to the density you want?

I have tried this, but still seemed to find the blending hard. I've built the colour up, but where the faded area should be it was still quite heavy.

Will keep practising, just got to find the right technique.

I have tried this, but still seemed to find the blending hard. I've built the colour up, but where the faded area should be it was still quite heavy.

Will keep practising, just got to find the right technique.

Have you tried then using another clean piece of sponge to go over it again, to take up some of the paint to get the more stippled effect that way?

Have you tried then using another clean piece of sponge to go over it again, to take up some of the paint to get the more stippled effect that way?

Not yet, but will give that a go next time. By the time I have mastered this, the next new thing will be out lol

Thanks for the help. :)

Hey planky, I have to say I have tried that too, tries building the colour up and tried fading it out but the colour just wont build. The sponge seemed to suck up the iced cappuccino too...maybe it was thirsty lol!!!

I have also tried using a clean sponge too to fade out but with no luck. Honestly, looks Like the only nail art I can do is konad. And although its pretty I want to be able to do other things lol!

As Claire said, by the time this is mastered the next thing will br along hehe. Not 1 for giving up tho :) xx

Not yet, but will give that a go next time. By the time I have mastered this, the next new thing will be out lol

Thanks for the help. :)

Hey planky, I have to say I have tried that too, tries building the colour up and tried fading it out but the colour just wont build. The sponge seemed to suck up the iced cappuccino too...maybe it was thirsty lol!!!

I have also tried using a clean sponge too to fade out but with no luck. Honestly, looks Like the only nail art I can do is konad. And although its pretty I want to be able to do other things lol!

As Claire said, by the time this is mastered the next thing will br along hehe. Not 1 for giving up tho :) xx

Don't know what else to suggest then Lol! :lol: Might have a play myself next week on a colour pop and see what happens, looks so easy doesn't it?? Usually the way that the easiest of things ends up being the most challenging :lol: One last thing actually, possibly pointing out the obvious though, but are you using a tiny piece and using tweezers to hold and dab? Just a thought that maybe the piece of sponge you are using is too big perhaps?

Don't know, hope you master it, will let you know how I get on! ;)

I'm making a video for you all , it's low budget me and my phone and the Cnd lamp is my camera crew (bet ya did not know it has that skill?) soooo yeah :-/ , lol hopefully it will be somewhat visible how to fade
Will , stick some music on it (to hide kids background noise) & stick it on YouTube ,

Back later with a link x

I'm making a video for you all , it's low budget me and my phone and the Cnd lamp is my camera crew (bet ya did not know it has that skill?) soooo yeah :-/ , lol hopefully it will be somewhat visible how to fade
Will , stick some music on it (to hide kids background noise) & stick it on YouTube ,

Back later with a link x

Ooohhh mizzy, we all wait in anticipation :) xxx

Back later with a link x

Wow, don't think my lamp has that skill - I'm impressed! lol

Can't wait for the video, it sounds like something I need. :) Thank you. x

Back later with a link x

Aww that's brilliant :) :) looking forward to it xx

Essential Bliss Beauty Therapy

Back later with a link x

Can't wait to see. Your too good to us xxx

SHELLAC FADE 5 - YouTube

i made a vid, the vid didnt take long to do .... up loading it to youtube took hours! bad connection tonight , enjoy it though :)

Last edited:
Planky, why don't you try it the other way around- paint on your red, then sponge the black on, or scrub in some black pigment for the fade?

Then you've solved the intensity problem with the red.

I'll be trying myself when I find a minute xxx

Sorry mizzy, you've done exactly what I suggested in your video!

Which is great by the way, thanks for sharing xxx

SHELLAC FADE 5 - YouTube

i made a vid, the vid didnt take long to do .... up loading it to youtube took hours! bad connection tonight , enjoy it though :)

Oh, wonderful video. Looking forward to getting back to the salon and trying it out.

Thanks for making it hun, looks so easy now I've seen it!

Latest posts

Back