Shellac Delivery?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annasmum

Reaction score
I am trying to get some Shellac base and top coat. All my usual suppliers haven't had any in for the last 6 weeks and aren't sure when they will be able to get some again. Has anyone heard anything as to when CND has caught up with their production? I had to switch to Gelish (which I rather like now) and am starting to wonder whether to just phase out Shellac as delivery is very much hit and miss right now.

You need to ask your distributor this question as they are the only ones who will know the answer.

Hi whats gellish as Im having same problem and have turned 11 people away in two days!

Hi whats gellish as Im having same problem and have turned 11 people away in two days!

Hi I had the same problem too!!

I had to turn to Gelish to keep up with my clients needs, I am loving it xxx

Best thing to do is talk to Sweet Squared regularly to be kept upto date, and also to check the CND website Shellac Availability.

I am trying to get some Shellac base and top coat. All my usual suppliers haven't had any in for the last 6 weeks and aren't sure when they will be able to get some again. Has anyone heard anything as to when CND has caught up with their production? I had to switch to Gelish (which I rather like now) and am starting to wonder whether to just phase out Shellac as delivery is very much hit and miss right now.

Go with what is giving you results you want & is making you money! I am using both systems with great results, follow your gut instincts, it's YOUR business, carry on with the system that makes you & your clients happy!

I like both Shellac and Gelish but as I cannot afford to turn clients away for an indefinete amount of time I have now more or less turned to Gelish. Yes it isn't a hybrid but I apply it just like Shellac without buffing the nail first and the end result is the same. That's all the client cares about. Lasts just as well as Shellac, is more in a bottle, cheaper to buy and more choice of colors. They are coming out with another 48 here in the States this fall. I have asked my suppliers here and they are all as unhappy as I am as they have no clue as to when they will have it in stock again. It's a shame as product is nice but delivery is very unreliable right now. I am stuck with product I cannot use as I am scared that I run out of top coat half way through a service. :irked:

Hi guys - it's SO hard to read your posts about turning people away and losing business - I really feel for you guys.

It is quite obvious that CND underestimated Shellac's success. This is unprecedented, not just in the nail industry, but in the entire beauty industry. Never has a set of features and benefits grabbed the attentions of so many professionals - worldwide.

Base and Top Coat have suffered the most, so here's the latest scoop for you straight from the horse's mouth:

CND are taking steps to expedite getting product to you. Here are a few changes that have been made:

Adjusted production to increase base and top coat manufacturing by 10X the original plan.
Arranged for air shipment of lamps to their warehouse to shorten delivery time by 6 weeks.
Streamlined outer packaging to speed turnaround time from 8 weeks to 2 weeks.

CND hope this helps to explain the current situation and some of the things they are doing to get the product out to you as soon as possible.

Having spoken directly with CND last week, I can tell you that they are feeling your frustration and want to thank you all for your continued patience.

Obviously, for those of you in the UK, Sweet Squared is in the middle of all this too. So hold tight, do what you can to service your customers.

I'm looking forward to Shellac falling from the skies. A deserving solution to an outstanding innovation that has truly delivered the holy grail of nail technology.

xxx

I'm looking forward to Shellac falling from the skies. xxx

Instead of a rain dance, maybe we could all do a Shellac dance. :)

LOL If that works - right now I'd even give that a go.

Are you all up and ready?!! I'm doing one right now in my dressing gown!!

I'm a bit fed up with the delivery issues to be honest. And I'm even more fed up with the "one per customer" thing on Sweet Squared. I don't see why I should have to bear the extra cost of postage simply because Creative can't get their production problems sorted. I buy everything in bulk so I don't have to pay postage, yet with this I'm stuffed. It eats into my margin which makes me very cross indeed.
Not happy. Come on Creative, get your bloody arses in gear.

I'm a bit fed up with the delivery issues to be honest. And I'm even more fed up with the "one per customer" thing on Sweet Squared. I don't see why I should have to bear the extra cost of postage simply because Creative can't get their production problems sorted. I buy everything in bulk so I don't have to pay postage, yet with this I'm stuffed. It eats into my margin which makes me very cross indeed.
Not happy. Come on Creative, get your bloody arses in gear.

CND are getting their ass in gear.

One per customer at the moment is FAIR to all if a small inconvenience to some.

I understand you are fed up but it isn't as if there are not ways round it for a short term period. It won't eat far into your margin (this is nit picking, Lynne) and it wont be for much longer and as I say, there are ways round it. CND are keeping peeps updated so not in the dark.

Production problems are being sorted - it's not that they can't, it's more that it takes time .. people have really no idea of the restraints or issues involved. Does anyone think for a single second that everything that can be done isn't being done? It is.

Not allot more to say. You think I don't want some Base Coat myself?? I have managed in other ways and my clients do not even know there is an issue at the moment .. we haven't skipped a beat. You don't need to either .. you just need to be a little Creative.

With the postage thing at the moment it may cost a little more, but I guess it means you can continue to offer the treatment and longer term it will be sorted out and you can go back to ordering bulk again.

If my business goes in the direction I want to I look forward to offering Shellac, but I'm quite a way off that yet so by then I will be lucky in that I will have avoided this.

Mat

How do I get round the issue of no base coat, though?

You can as a last measure use Brisa Bond Geeg has posted this somewhere already.
I have used this before with no problems it does not soak off but a light buff does the trick.

I too would like to know what the ways around it are as I bought the Salon rack and have managed to build up a good customer base for Shellac to now have to cancel all of their future appointments.
I see someone said Brisa bond but if you havent trained with Brisa then this product cannot be purchased through sweet squared which I fully understand both sides (even if very frustrated)
Any other ideas would be greatly welcome as I have only been in my salon three months, I use only cnd products (manicure and pedicure) and cannot afford to be sending clients elsewhere

We're all in the same boat. I have used Bio Sculpture clear gel as a base and this is working great. We also tried it without any base coat & it didn't work. I have been honest with my clients & explained whats happened & told them i'm using the bio gel & they've been more than happy with this.

I too am thinking about changing to Gelish especially now I've heard that Shellac aren't launching more colours this year. All customers keep saying is when are they bringing more colours out!!!

I think it's a shame that more colours are not on the card for now, but being a victim of your own success is no mean acheivment:lol:
I have purchessed brisa top coat with out being a gel trained tech, so I'm a bit surprised that you can't buy the base coat, infact I would expect to be met with simpathy if I were to ring SS for my base coat and this is a viable alternative.............
This is a company that has just picked up an award for customer service:rolleyes:
So come on geeks, instead of the computer, pick up the phone and TALK to people. :smack:

Latest posts

Back