Shellac - What colours would you like?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i could list 50 !! but a 'nude' shade would be cool xx pretty gutted that the new colours have been delayed til next march xx was really hoping for a black for winter xx but understand the delay xx:hug:

edit to add ...... purple please xx

A lot of my clients have been asking for purple/ saying they would like purple.
I wasnt very familiar with the old colour range but would like a navy/ deep blue too.

I think an icey shimmery blue would be gorgeous !
Like Tutti frutti, but blue Iykwim

And of course Black... a perfectly polished set of nails, instantly dry, with that shine, that can be removed in 10 minutes without getting all over the skin and embedded in the sidewalls and underside of the free edge.... Myself and my clients would DROOL for this ! lol

Last edited:
It's a shame the new colours will be delayed but can understand. Although, wouldn't it be amazing if they just released a "holiday collection" for Christmas. Say a black, dark purple and a deep blue.

A mini collection of 3 new colours. How amazing would that be!

i could list 50 !! but a 'nude' shade would be cool xx pretty gutted that the new colours have been delayed til next march xx was really hoping for a black for winter xx but understand the delay xx:hug:

edit to add ...... purple please xx

REALLY!
Where did your hear that? :cry:
Why have they delayed the new colours?

REALLY!
Where did your hear that? :cry:
Why have they delayed the new colours?

There is an announcement on the main CND site, giving information about the stock shortages and also announcing the delay of the new colours.

The current stock problems mean that they need to catch up manufacturing the current products before starting on any others.

Its a shame as the current collection is more geared to summer, but cant be helped.

Just read the update on the CND website.
What a shame :sad:
I think the idea of a 3 coloured mini kit would be a fantastic idea TweezerHappy, & would soften the massive disappointment! x

:)Turquoise would be great. With a shimmer

If one uses the CND effects over Shellac for a new look would you need to use regular base coat and top coat with it? Does polish over Shellac last any longer or the usual chip in no time and does it dry any faster? S.

A lot of my clients have been asking for purple/ saying they would like purple.
I wasnt very familiar with the old colour range but would like a navy/ deep blue too.

You can make purple with 2 coats fedora & 1 tutti frutti, and a deep shimmery navy blue with 2 coats fedora & 1 negligee :) hth xx

Quite a few of my clients have already been requesting black for the winter lol

Next march, wow. My clients are anticipating new autumn winter colours soon, I am now offering my current colours at discount as clients want something new, some clients don't want sparkle etc, there's only so many effects I can do,,, I have tried,,, need a Teal colour, gold, blue, ,,ohhhhh seriosly dis=heartend now.

Clients were really happy but now they getting pit fed up waiting,,, I know I know I am a CND girl I understand and have told them reasons why, demand etc,,,but at end of day,,are some clients bothered,,,no,,they just want a new colour.

xx

While new colours are being developed I think it makes sense to stick to a great classic colour range and nothing too funky ... funky can come later on as the range builds and in the meantime you can use the Effects over Shellac to change colours and glitters too.

Hi Gigi, i havent tried using any effects or mixing colours with Shellac yet as i'm not sure at which stage you would do this.... would you put the effect under the Shellac top coat or over? or am i completely missing something here lol xx

Hi Gigi, i havent tried using any effects or mixing colours with Shellac yet as i'm not sure at which stage you would do this.... would you put the effect under the Shellac top coat or over? or am i completely missing something here lol xx

Do the shellac, remove sticky layer & apply effect, there is also the shellac lovers group lots of pics of layered shellac hth (hope ya dont mind me jumpin in Gigi :)) xx

Hi everyone

I have sent all your colour suggestions to CND's research and development lab for consideration for our next launch of Shellac colours.

The launch slated for the end of 2010 has been delayed by the unprecented success of Shellac and we are working overtime to fufill our obilgation of current colours.

The success of Shellac has ensured that you will see new colour releases early 2011 and beyond.

Please keep your ideas coming.

Cherie Pollard
CND Education Ambassador

I was thinking of trying the Effects over the completed Shellac and that is why I wondered about if one needs to use regular CND base and top coat with this and how long it might last - the same as regular polish, less than or longer like it does on gel nails. Plus regular polish as well over Shellac to change up the colour over the two weeks. S.

Hi everyone
I have sent all your colour suggestions to CND's research and development lab for consideration for our next launch of Shellac colours.

Wow! That is great - thank you :hug:

Please keep your ideas coming.
Not sure if its been said but a cream soft pink for french would be lovely.
A darker strong/burnt orange x

Emma, there is a cream soft pink for french! Haven't you seen Romantique? It's beautiful!

o Blackpool (Voodoo)
o Iced Coral (Make a Wish)
o Decadence
o Cocoa
o Gotcha
o Hollywood
o Masquerade
o Mother of Pearl
o Bow
o Hot Pop Pink
o Rock Royalty
o Clearly Pink
:hug:

o Blackpool (Voodoo)
o Iced Coral (Make a Wish)
o Decadence
o Cocoa
o Gotcha
o Hollywood
o Masquerade
o Mother of Pearl
o Bow
o Hot Pop Pink
o Rock Royalty
o Clearly Pink
:hug:

I can't wait! ><

ETA, are these the names of vintage colours or are the first to the only vintage? I'd love to see them.

Rock Royalty sounds gorg.

Latest posts

Back