Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyathome

Reaction score
hi ive not got my kit yet and can't wait for it to be in stock so i can order some :D
i have a couple of questions :o what do you use to remove it! is it acetone? i've been telling clients about it and one client asked me if she could remove it and how as she can't make it back to me! can she remove it her self and if so how? thank you in advanced! xx

Hi Hun, you can sell them the soak off pads and a small bottle of acetone. That way they can soak them off at home. :D

thank you :D so basically you remove them like normal polish! acetone remover? just making things clear :lol:! lol x

Does the acetone come in small retail sizes ie 50ml? as I have some clients who struggle to make it back for removal, and once shown how, are more than happy to do that part

Have a look on the Sweet squared/CND website. Shellac have removal wraps - the client simply puts the acetone on the 'white cushion pad', places this pad on her nail, wraps the rest around her finger and leaves for ten minutes, they then twist off and removes the shellac without damaging their nails. Any residue can be removed by using an orange stick. Hard for me to expain but its simple and yes do come off in ten mins.

Does the acetone come in small retail sizes ie 50ml? as I have some clients who struggle to make it back for removal, and once shown how, are more than happy to do that part

Yes you can, I sell 60ml to my clients which I get from Salon Direct (***) I sell this for £2.50. The client can then bring back the bottle when finished and I buy 5 litres (***) for the salon. I will then refill this bottle for £2.00. I also do this for Non-acetone too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes you can, I sell 60ml to my clients which I get from Salon Direct (***) I sell this for £2.50. The client can then bring back the bottle when finished and I buy 5 litres (***) for the salon. I will then refill this bottle for £2.00. I also do this for Non-acetone too.

Many thanks, its a shame CND don't do a small refill bottle, as it would look more professional.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks, its a shame CND don't do a small refill bottle, as it would look more professional.

CND don't sell Acetone at all .. But Sweet Squared do sell the Caretin D-Solve for removal of Shellac. It IS sold in a bottle that clients could easily buy for Shellac removal and it looks very professional. It is not a teensy tiny bottle but is the normal size (about 7oz??)most people buy remover and it is also much better value for the money being a tad larger.

D-Solve is Acetone isn't it?

Amongst other things, yes!

CND don't sell Acetone at all .. But Sweet Squared do sell the Caretin D-Solve for removal of Shellac. It IS sold in a bottle that clients could easily buy for Shellac removal and it looks very professional. It is not a teensy tiny bottle but is the normal size (about 7oz??)most people buy remover and it is also much better value for the money being a tad larger.

Apologies.
I was thinking of a small 50ml travel size Caretin D-Solve which I could top up from my 5 litre bottle each time they came for an appointment(for the ones who dont have time to come back for removal) along with 10 remover pads .That way I could include removal in the cost of the initial treatment and if they choose to remove themselves I wont be giving out 250ml each time they come

Hi I never thought about doing that with the soak off, one of my lady's asked me how she would take it of and I said she would need to come back to me as it is a professional product only, so I need to get a few small bottles of d-solve and sell them when I do the shellac. Wonder how long it will be before most of the shellac is back in stock ?? :)

I HAVE JUST ORDERED SHELLAC!!!!!!!!!!

Am very excited. Got a bottle of dsolve, May pick up some little empty bottles to decant into, but would rather clients come for a reshellac.

My question is; does shellac come with instructions? I know it is pretty straightforward, but I just need basic instructions for the therapists.

OK I know you could do this but Theres NO way im going to be encouraging my clients take it off them selfs! ..... why arnt you getting them to re-book for there next shellac including removal or if they dont want more then the removal on its own?
by the time you have got the pre packed removers, the big bottle of d-solve , little bottles to decant into and not even hit on the solar oil pinky's ect to re-hydrate,you would also have to suply them with some kind of printed info on removal and what to do in an emergency ect... wont it cost more for them than coming to you ? and wheres the profit for you on the time spent ordering all this stuff (postage) and putting it all togever? and verbily explaining it
if they are some one on holiday in your area then give them the info they need to find a shellac using salon local to them,
if they are local get them to re book,
I dont see why things have to become so complicated all the time,

Last edited:
Hi Mizzy thats what I do, I told my lady that she should come back to me as it is a professional product, she did and was happy to, I think she thought it was normal nail varnish even tho I did explain it to her, I have one tonight who has had it on for 3 week so hoping it doens't take to long to soak of. :)

I think it will still be off quite quick :)
Ive removed a few after the 14 days they have been ok , this hot wether helps as everythings alittle warmer so it will be faster working lol
cup of tea helps to with the wraps on LOL

Hi just finished the shallac soaked of perfect, did her yellow varnish from CND and then used the Base Boat from Shellac then did the top coat from Shellac n they look great, I am experimenting at the moment so wanted to try this to see how they would last as she wants them like this for her holiday next week :)

Attachments

• IMAG0019.jpg
    IMAG0019.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 131
Hi just finished the shallac soaked of perfect, did her yellow varnish from CND and then used the Base Boat from Shellac then did the top coat from Shellac n they look great, I am experimenting at the moment so wanted to try this to see how they would last as she wants them like this for her holiday next week :)

Hi just curious as to why you used enamel, then base then top,,,I have in the past used brisa top coat over enamel, I just do regular polish, ie base 2 x colour,,dry to touch then brisa top coat cure and done:D

Latest posts

Back