Some people are so cheeky!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

"What a f*****g liberty" as the gran from Catherine Tate would say!

I couldnt believe reading this, some people really have got a check!

How did you reply back to that?

I would of just said "Thanks (but no thanks) I wont be needing you as a model, I have many clients more than happy to have their lashes done at the introductory special offer saving then £X amount off the normal price."

When needing practise with new treatments I think it is sometimes best doing a "Introductory Special Offer" at a lower price, that way everyone is happy.

I have had the odd few clients walk in and say how much for XYZ, to which I tell them then they ask for a discount, or "your best price", once one client said if I want to say overnight in the hotel in London where she works in return for a few waxing sessions she can sort it out for me!

There really are some funny people out there!

old clients are worse for this.. i have one that moans about not affording heating and food yet has her lashes and blow wave done regular,(wish i could afford them little luxuries lol)
the best thing to do i think is advertise £90 lashes (or whatever)
at a reduce rate while practising
or something like that??
haha this thread has made me laugh x

ok i have just spat my tea all over the screen of my lap top, burnt my finger and not to mention now looking like i have just wet myself :eek:

SOME people are just so darn cheeky how do they have the nerve to even ask to be paid. I would have sent back a message saying you miss understood you are the one who pays me not the other way around :smack:

And as for the wax discount would you not just love to say yes that's fine you can pay £90 but I will only way bla bla bla how does that sound.

I once ran a ladies clothes shop where customers would come in and say I will give you £20 for this :eek: and my answer would be no sorry you can give me the £45 it says on the ticket or you can put it back again.
Now I know why they got shot of the last manager.

"What a f*****g liberty" as the gran from Catherine Tate would say!

I couldnt believe reading this, some people really have got a check!

How did you reply back to that?

I would of just said "Thanks (but no thanks) I wont be needing you as a model, I have many clients more than happy to have their lashes done at the introductory special offer saving then £X amount off the normal price."

When needing practise with new treatments I think it is sometimes best doing a "Introductory Special Offer" at a lower price, that way everyone is happy.

I have had the odd few clients walk in and say how much for XYZ, to which I tell them then they ask for a discount, or "your best price", once one client said if I want to say overnight in the hotel in London where she works in return for a few waxing sessions she can sort it out for me!

There really are some funny people out there!

Well when I stopped laughing I replied to her and said 'Hello I am very sorry but I think you have misunderstood. YOU have to pay ME' I havent heard back...and even if I did I think I would have been fully booked on that day :lol:
I should have just put a price but because I dont know how much it's going to cost me to do it I just said a 'small amount'. But introductory offer sounds good. I have all the names of people wanting them so will send out my introductory offer email to them I think. Thank you for that idea!
Hee hee the things I have actually swapped for beauty treatments is unreal but never actually a hotel :lol: I wonder how many waxes she would have wanted for that! xxx

ok i have just spat my tea all over the screen of my lap top, burnt my finger and not to mention now looking like i have just wet myself :eek:

SOME people are just so darn cheeky how do they have the nerve to even ask to be paid. I would have sent back a message saying you miss understood you are the one who pays me not the other way around :smack:

And as for the wax discount would you not just love to say yes that's fine you can pay £90 but I will only way bla bla bla how does that sound.

I once ran a ladies clothes shop where customers would come in and say I will give you £20 for this :eek: and my answer would be no sorry you can give me the £45 it says on the ticket or you can put it back again.
Now I know why they got shot of the last manager.

I would have sent back a message saying you miss understood you are the one who pays me not the other way around

Yes this is what I told her. I'm so glad she asked me through email or i'd have wanted to chuck your tea at her :lol:

Oh people are so cheeky. Even in a clothes shop! I cant stand people that haggle! Thats the price and that's it. It's there for a reason :Grope: xxx

old clients are worse for this.. i have one that moans about not affording heating and food yet has her lashes and blow wave done regular,(wish i could afford them little luxuries lol)
the best thing to do i think is advertise £90 lashes (or whatever)
at a reduce rate while practising
or something like that??
haha this thread has made me laugh x

Well yes why eat when we can have our lashes done instead :irked:
I agree...old people and rich people are a nightmare.
Ah that is a brilliant idea!!! £90 lashes for XX amount for a short period. I think i'm going to get rid of the word 'model' too I think.
Thank you
xxx

i work on a makeup counter and the amount of people who come ina nd say "£12 for this lipstick?! can you not give me a wee deal on it?" one woman told me she was a chef and would bring me in a good lunch one day if i gave her a discount!

i dont make the prices, take it or leave it. haha!

Talk about cheek. I got this eamiled to me from my ad on gumtree for a set of 60 lashes for £40.

saw your website and your prices are ridiculous. actual salons charge much less and you say you have kids. i'm not paying that to go to someone's home with kids running about. you need to half your prices.

mmm yes I have kids but where does it say they are running about since my little boy is only 5 months and cant really move yet! Half my prices like right! They are already too cheap!

I emailed back saying just dont book then!

Talk about cheek. I got this eamiled to me from my ad on gumtree for a set of 60 lashes for £40.

saw your website and your prices are ridiculous. actual salons charge much less and you say you have kids. i'm not paying that to go to someone's home with kids running about. you need to half your prices.

mmm yes I have kids but where does it say they are running about since my little boy is only 5 months and cant really move yet! Half my prices like right! They are already too cheap!

I emailed back saying just dont book then!

NO!!!! How rude! Actual salons LOL Oh that is unreal. Good on you for your reply x

there will always be givers and takers in this world!!!! But there does seem a lot of takers doesnt there. The best is if they were asked to do overtime for nothing you can imagine there response!!!:)

LOL it's amazing how silly some people can be.
I was looking for models on my facebook as well, and one of the girls told me she'd let me do her lashes in exchange for a full set of bio sculpture extensions!

What, you mean I get to spend half of my day giving you a full set of lashes AND a bio set?! What a deal!

Pffffft whatever

LOL it's amazing how silly some people can be.
I was looking for models on my facebook as well, and one of the girls told me she'd let me do her lashes in exchange for a full set of bio sculpture extensions!

What, you mean I get to spend half of my day giving you a full set of lashes AND a bio set?! What a deal!

Pffffft whatever

OMG! I bet you were in complete shock with that one. That's unreal!
I really don't know what planet some people are on! I hope you told her where to go!!! x

Here is my story.

I was looking for a models fot his year's Nailympics. Posted an ad on Gumtree stating that I am EXPERIENCED Nail Tech, looking for a model with a particular nail shape. In exchange for her time the model will get FREE regular manicures with exfoliation and a set of nice nails on the day.:)

Got an e-mail reply from a lady stating, that she would be happy to do it but would like to know how much she will be paid, as she is not going to work for free.:irked:

I replied to her with detailed calculation on how much she would save I was to charge her my regular rate.:idea::idea:

I must be stupid bet I dont get their idea. I think when doing free services or a heavy discount both sides win - I get what I need and the model gets a free / cheap treatment... I absorb all my costs, just beause I need it to be done in a certain way (obviously the model doesn't have an opportunity to choose length, shepe design etc.) at a certain time and that's my reason for doing it for free and someone is expecting me to pay on top of it? :rolleyes:

Here is my story.

I was looking for a models fot his year's Nailympics. Posted an ad on Gumtree stating that I am EXPERIENCED Nail Tech, looking for a model with a particular nail shape. In exchange for her time the model will get FREE regular manicures with exfoliation and a set of nice nails on the day.:)

Got an e-mail reply from a lady stating, that she would be happy to do it but would like to know how much she will be paid, as she is not going to work for free.:irked:

I replied to her with detailed calculation on how much she would save I was to charge her my regular rate.:idea::idea:

I must be stupid bet I dont get their idea. I think when doing free services or a heavy discount both sides win - I get what I need and the model gets a free / cheap treatment... I absorb all my costs, just beause I need it to be done in a certain way (obviously the model doesn't have an opportunity to choose length, shepe design etc.) at a certain time and that's my reason for doing it for free and someone is expecting me to pay on top of it? :rolleyes:

I think they are getting confused as we use the term "model". I wonder is they think if they are not paying us someone else will be??? :rolleyes:

I think they are getting confused as we use the term "model". I wonder is they think if they are not paying us someone else will be??? :rolleyes:

:) Perhaps. Never thought of it.

When I was training it was also tough. Some people think that if I am a trainee then the job will be done well anyway. These kind of people always find something "wrong" on their nails and point this out, even before I started filing that particular nail... forgive me if I am rude but I really think if someone agrees to volunteer and not paying or getting a massive discount then they cannot open a mouth to say other than "thank you". :Grope:

It never ceases to amaze me what people will come out with!! They seem to think that they are just doing you a favour and not getting anything out of it themselves. You have expenses to cover which they just dont get!

I use models all the time for training purposes for when I teach.
I use clients and have about 6 die-hards that will turn up and be treated by the student(s).

they know that
a) its the student NOT ME working on them
b) it will not be completing relaxing as I will be talking and demoing and the student then practises

But, they love it. I did start using one particular lady on a regular basis but she asked for petrol expenses, she doesn't get asked anymore.

There seems to be more and more threads like this, people wanting something for nothing!

Some people have such a cheek it is unbelievable. Trust me it is not just the beauty industry, my other part time job I do all the finance in a nursery and the amount of parents that phone me up and tell me what their fees should be drives me nuts!

I even get some parents say well I drop them off at 8.30 instead of 8 can I have a discount for that half hour :eek: ok so about £2.50 off then please do me a favour!

I had the same thing, posted on FB asking for models and someone launched a diatribe of abuse saying that as I was after models she was doing me a favour and why should she pay for them.........................this then caused an avalanche of such replies so I deleted everything and blocked the person......................... I was only asking £10 for a full set of l&P..............................wont be doing that in a hurry again "!!!!

OMG that's awful! What's wrong with people?! x

All of the models that I actually use are adorable and appreciate that we are helping each other. They get their waxing done for free (worth £40 to £150) and my students get to wax lovely, patient people.

However, the ones that I have chosen not to use are not happy with just getting their waxing done for free......they have asked me to pay their expenses and travel and a fee. Yeah....dream on!

Latest posts

Back