Stessed out - what do you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
title says it all

from some of the postings recently sounds like some of us are a little stressed. maybe im right maybe im not.

well this got me thinking - what do you do when you are

or

what do you do to chill out

well for me i lock myself away in a dark room and bite someone - yes youve got it im a vampire lol. seriously though i dont.

what i do is shut myself away in a room on my own with a nice cup of chamomile tea - normally flavoured with something else and put on some music in the mood im feeling and chill. works wonders

so come on lets have some stress busting tips and tricks !!!!

we can then all be chilled geeks !!!!

Rscue Remedy for me if I am out and stressed, if I am at home a long soak in the bath with candles and chilled out music, either that or sit and meditate with my tibetan singing bowl!

Get hubby to rub my back :green:...or i do gardening to relax and sit in my swing hammock in the garden .....BLISS !!

I'm a highly stressed person but when i'm stressed i take time out and meditate to chilled out music and light a Aromatherapy candle to calm me down.

the full 6 hours of bbc's version of pride and prejudice(seriousley).....has worked for me for years........if i have had a crappy week and i know i dont have to go anywhere that weekend then its 3 hours of it on the saturday and 3 hours of it on the sunday.......i can watch it over and over again....and it makes me feel all warm inside

short term...tv off at night and just listen to the radio...whilst fannying around the house.......sometimes a tv off evening is a good destresser....

I usually shout a lot and generally slam things around although I am not a thrower of things. I don't get stressed out too often though thankfully.

I take my dog for a walk across the field near my house.

I was mega stressed out a few weeks ago so went to the supermarket and brought a bottle of Smirnoff ice and 10 cigs and the downed the lot and smoked myself daft:)

Normally I take myself away from everything and everyone and have a good think about what is making me so stressed and try and sort it.

I think about having mind blowing sex ...... then I realise that it takes up too much energy so I just dive into the fridge for something tasty to eat... that's much more relaxing and a bag of maltesers seems to take away my stress levels like a waving a magic wand. :green:

I lock myself in the bathroom and run myself a nice hot bubble bath, light a few candles and pour myself a large glass of white wine and sit back and enjoy!
I lay there for a while taking large gulps of wine and then remember to unlock the door just in case I nod off lol

Sue :)

Reflexology or a massage usually does the trick, or a soak in the bath with a trashy chick lit book and some vino!

all of the above!!!! LOL

I usually reach for the Bach flower remedies.
I book myself in for a pampering treatment either with a friend or a salon.
I get a large bottle of chardonnay or pinot grigio and slurp on that and savour every mouthful.
Then I go to the nearby retail centre and browse, buy myself a couple of things (usually home bargains) then whisk myself off to the coffee shop and treat myself.
I then go home and pretend I've been working all day.:eek:

oh, bit like today! minus the wine!

I have been known to put pride and prej on but fast forward to the best bits....the meaningful looks over the piano, the backward look in the carriage and dare I say, the pond scene.

Scream and shout at everyone! dont have time to destress in a bubble bath or room with music.:irked:

A nice bottle of rioja usually does the trick :wink2:

go for some reiki or have a play wit my crystals :D

Scream, Cry, Slam Doors.... Blog... :eek:

Recently though I lay on my bed and watch the mice burrowing in their cage... oh and then get boyf to make me a nice brew and ban him from the room after he has given it to me. :lol:

I looked at your replies and as I read the first few I wondered whether anyone used massage or Indian head therapy as a form of relaxation, but then as I reached the end I realised that some of you have pampering sessions to destress, great, I pamper myself regularly when I'm stressed although I am not easily stressed, but if I find myself stressed in between treatments I spend time on my own thinking about solutions as to why I am stressed. :)

well what a great list of suggestions.

hopefully for all of you out there that have read this you would of gained some invaluble information of how to de stress and hey you may even want to try something different.

thanks for all your replies

Rescue remedy for me too! I can't believe how well it works for me. I'm thinking of going on the website and having a custom blend made but the rescue remedy works fine for now :D

Latest posts

Back