Stiletto Nail - Weird or Wonderful?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the man,

20100404_Pepjjn_Borrel.jpg

The male stilettos were create and worn by Pepijn Borell, a wonderful nail artist from the Netherlands who was one of the judges at the World Championship salon nail competition in Düsseldorf 10 days ago. The male figures on the nails were created in acrylic (bas-relief technique).

Seriously these are being worn by Pepijn?....he has overdone the spray tan since I last saw him then :eek:.
Amazing design from a very talented artist.

Found this on You Tube...with a couple of glimpses of the man himself....and some amazing looking designs on perfect stilettos!YouTube- Design dvd 1 Pepyn Borrèl Academy
Personally, I love looking at them, but I know I will never wear them!
They are a great showcase for artistic work, and they can always be diluted down for the salon market, where you earn your living.

Last edited:
Totally agree with Sandi on this. I have my nails either stiletto or almond or something between the two. I find them much easier to manage than square or oval nails as there is no side to the nail to get in the way of filing or catch on things. I have had no problems with mine and love the look of them and the attention they create.

I have quite a few of my clients, who are ordinary ladies, try them out and love them. We adapt some of them to suit their lives but a couple of them wear them quite long and pointy. I also have clients who wear pink and whites, square and oval. I just like to be able to offer what is available and let my clients choose.

The best bit is when I am actually doing someone's nails and I am looking at my own and thinking how pretty they are!

Seriously these are being worn by Pepijn?....he has overdone the spray tan since I last saw him then :eek:.

Found this on You Tube...with a couple of glimpses of the man himself....and some amazing looking designs on perfect stilettos!YouTube- Design dvd 1 Pepyn Borrèl Academy
Personally, I love looking at them, but I know I will never wear them!
They are a great showcase for artistic work, and they can always be diluted down for the salon market, where you earn your living.

Oh I like him! LOL
I am now watching more of his stuff, there is an interview with him and he is to funny.

As for if I like them or not? Nope. BUT I love the art!

When I first time saw stilletos..first thing was..wow they are ugly..:Scared:
But after some time..I start thing- so many people wear tham...and art is fab..maybe I will try ..and I fall in love when i start to do on my hands..they are much more confi then long squares..
I enclose pictures ..girl from russia - she called Flora Buka..is amaizng.
I take from www.nailclub.ru

I try upload photo..but I can't..:(

Last edited:

It was the first time we had met him, but a few days ago we found some older photo's on the web and were a bit surprised! Lovely guy.

they have the wow factor but god i cant see them lasting to long compared to sqaure or oval shape gels/acryclics

I wish in Uk to have them and dont looks like freek...i Love them and they are so sexy....

Ow, er. Did someone say "stiletto's"?

For the woman,

20100318_Zamustinchuk.jpg

And the man,

20100404_Pepjjn_Borrel.jpg

The male stilettos were create and worn by Pepijn Borell, a wonderful nail artist from the Netherlands who was one of the judges at the World Championship salon nail competition in Düsseldorf 10 days ago. The male figures on the nails were created in acrylic (bas-relief technique).
wow:Love: but not in my real world how would you do anything with these on ,look good in pictures

You just need to learn to use your fingers/hands differently. When I've worn these then I simply push the button on the toilet or the code on my house alarm etc with my knuckle and use the sides of my fingers to do up clothes.

The problems start when you try to wear marrigolds to do the washing up/cleaning! lol!

When I first time saw stilletos..first thing was..wow they are ugly..:Scared:
But after some time..I start thing- so many people wear tham...and art is fab..maybe I will try ..and I fall in love when i start to do on my hands..they are much more confi then long squares..
I enclose pictures ..girl from russia - she called Flora Buka..is amaizng.
I take from www.nailclub.ru

I try upload photo..but I can't..:(

Flora is great isn't she!! Try YouTube she has wonderful tutorials on French and stillettos))

re uploading pictures from nailclub.ru, Aleksey is very strict and they don't allow republishing anything from their site without permission. I got in trouble last time for putting pictures of edge nails here.

The only way is to paste a link to the page)

Stillettos could be wonderful so can they be weird and ugly. Depends who does them) I have done a course in Kiev andin Glasgow, but lol I don't have any clients asking for them. Unless it's an odd Russian client.

Iryna Gibblets stilletos are flawless. She is a real diva)

I have a stack of stilleto designs in the salon for showcasing purposes and I get a lot of wows but no volunteers yet)

I love wearing those but I also do holistic massages so they don't come handy(

it's easy to apply nail art on them as it is easier to draw on larger surface and you can squeeze more details on it. So great for practising on)))

excellent thread)

Flora is great isn't she!! Try YouTube she has wonderful tutorials on French and stillettos))

re uploading pictures from nailclub.ru, Aleksey is very strict and they don't allow republishing anything from their site without permission. I got in trouble last time for putting pictures of edge nails here.

The only way is to paste a link to the page)
Ok I will try with links..:)
http://translate.googleusercontent....anno=2&usg=ALkJrhhNevf9Hy0wYXg5oudILFAwYGtO-g

http://translate.googleusercontent....anno=2&usg=ALkJrhh-5wBhVtAkCO6CgI4Hfk3E7XNvAQ
I hope now You will see:)

Last edited:
great. Crikey google even translates the comments) that's fab. If you register on there you can see the tutorial bit they are fab!
yes I saw few.. and couldn't sleep after all night:) they are genius ...

yes I saw few.. and couldn't sleep after all night:) they are genius ...

Totally gorgeous) I met a few people in Kiev at the NailExpo last year, felt like a child in sweets shop. Lol

Totally gorgeous) I met a few people in Kiev at the NailExpo last year, felt like a child in sweets shop. Lol
:D:D:D:wink2: I totally understood ...

Reviving this sorry :) I have always worn square nails, started my training with square nail shapes for my course BUT I have just done 2 sets of stilettos ( both on myself ) and I can honestly say, while they are a far cry from perfect in any way lol, I don't think I could go back to square!

I don't catch them, don't poke myself with them like I expected - I love them :)

Reviving this sorry :) I have always worn square nails, started my training with square nail shapes for my course BUT I have just done 2 sets of stilettos ( both on myself ) and I can honestly say, while they are a far cry from perfect in any way lol, I don't think I could go back to square!

I don't catch them, don't poke myself with them like I expected - I love them :)

Exactly! Lots of my clients swopped over to them last year and all get on much better than they did with square or squoval shaped nails. Like you say they do not catch on things and you can't really feel them on as there are no sides to them as such. They elongate the finger as well and don't have to be ridiculously long or sharp for everyday wear! :green:

Geeg your clients sound like mine. Mine like rounded nails and conservative colours on their nails. They will go darker for their toes but still regular colours. These new gel polishes coming out are great but there is too many chocolate browns, navy blues, almost black, wild chunky glitters etc for my clients. They want pinks, nudes, peaches and medium shades with reds for their toes. I find the companies that make them are catering to the American market mostly.

No one ever asks me for square nails or pointed, just make them look better nails. They are in love with the lasting power of the new polishes. Conservative clients works for me as I have been doing most of them for almost all my 29 years in the business.

The artwork on these stiletto nails is amazing though. Sheila.

My oppinion is that the straight stiletto is very beautiful if it is build/pinched correctly. The ones done with tips can resemble witch nails a bit, and I have seen some very clumpsy ones that looks plain ugly. So it depends who does them.

I have been wearing stillettoes ones in a while, I never like to do my right hand, so not doing it very often. I have had a few nailtechs come to me to have stillettoes, but never an ordinary client! They simply wont pay, as they will only last a month whereas the nailtechs can infill and keep them on longer. And I don't like to pich my regular clients either...

For me stillettoes are playtime, like Gigi says, and quite often my clients wants bits and pieces of the nailart displayed on them.

Latest posts

Back