swimming with dolphins

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrobinson

Reaction score
:)Hi everyone,
was wondering if anyone has had a holiday experience where they have swum with dolphins? Me and my boyf are looking at doing a 4 weeks job placement next year with a dolphin sancturay, thing is a lot of them dont give you hands on experience with the dolphins. So thinking maybe its best to go on holiday and to an organised swim, but they dont last long do they?
Thanks
Jenna

I took Mr FozzyO to Discovery Cove in Orlando for a birthday surprise the once, we loved it! Dolphin interaction was waaay too short, but next time we hope to do the Trainer for a Day to do more and get pushed along by the feet by two dolphins!

I went scuba diving with dolphins a few years ago in Israel it was really good and I would do it again...they were swimming all around me and let me touch them...I've got it on video (saddo lol)

I went scuba diving with dolphins a few years ago in Israel it was really good and I would do it again...they were swimming all around me and let me touch them...I've got it on video (saddo lol)

Not sad at all - it must be a fabulous experience:)

We are hoping to take up Scuba one day sooon.

This has my dream since I was young....and I would really love to fulfill it one day. I absolutely LOVE dolphins and I envy anyone who has swum with them, the only interaction I've had with them was feeding them at Sea World, Orlando (unfortunately couldn't afford Discovery Cove at that time :cry:) but I just love to see peoples pics and any pics of these beautiful creatures.:)

Hi
We swam with the Dolphins in Tortolla last November:-

Photo Gallery - Dolphin Discovery Tortola

We were on a cruise, but booked this independently so had a much better experience. The cruise excursion was for 30 people split into 3 groups of 10 with 3 dolphins. We were a group of 4 with 2 dolphins to ourselves to play with. I reckon we were in the water with them for about 30 minutes doing things like toe pushes, fin tows, dancing, splashing, stroking and of course kisses :lol:

It was the most amazing experience and not that expensive, I think it was about $70 each, so about £45, worth twice that easily.

i for one would love to swim with dolphins...i have read that they tune into your emotions.

I went swimming with dolphins in Mexico a few years ago. It was a truly magical and memorable experience.

We did it when we got married in the Dom Rep a couple of years ago! It was fab, it lasted about 1 hour! The kids were much younger then and a bit afraid of the dolphins but towards the end got used to them! We did the bit in a pool where you could dance with them and they can kiss you, because we had small kids, but you could choose to swim with them and scuba with them aswell!

xxx:hug:

i liiked at the one in discovery cove but it doesnt seem quite long enough, i want to get the longest and bestest deal ever!! would love to do the working at a sanctury but its so expensive and after my bros experience this week......
he went to costa rica with frontier and was supposed to be at a wildlife sanctury. he got there and there was noone there to greet him at the airport so had to call people. then hes been moved from one family to another, and nowhere near the wildlife santury. theres a girl there whos been there 2 weeks and not been anywhere yet. so my bro (20) is not wanting to stay he's in a strange place with a strange family and no mobile, only a phonebox, so he's gone to the airport to get the next flight home. what a disappointment.
x

This is one of my life long wishes...i love everything about dolphins and at one point i had over 50 dolphin nick nacks in my bathroom (all packed away now)
one day i will get to swim with them :green:

one day i will get to swim with them!!!!!

Me too...I promise myself that, will have to try and find a relatively non expensive way to do it....:lol:

I went to Jamaica (I was cabin crew for british airways) and we went to Dolphin Cove and swam with Dolphins. It was the most amazing experience. I am itching to do it all over again. We are going to Elat in Israel for our wedding anniversary and hopefully I will do it again.

I swam with dolphins when we were in mexico, we stayed in cancun and did the trainer for a day at Parque Nizuc, it does have a swim park with all the flumes next to it, but the dolphins are actullaly out at sea. I felt we spent alot of time with them, we also did a wee bit on anatomy and feeding etc which was intereseting. We got 3 photos - on with two dolphins kissing you! and if you wanted a video of the day you had to pay more. There was a swimming with dolphins beside on of the shopping centers, but i felt parque nizuc looked to be the best option.

Mexico itself was an amazing holiday and i would highly recommend it - we stayed for two weeks, and also visited the Chichen Itza which was a fantastic day trip; we took a boat trip over to isla mujeres aswell.

Hope that is of some help, and good luck with finding the perfect dolphin experience - you won't regret it - it is the most amazing feeling in the world! xx:green:

We paid £100 for my daughter to swim with dolphins at Zoomarine in the algarve, Portugal. If you google it you will find their website. She absolutely loved it, it was so clean and the dolphins seemed really well looked after (ie. they looked nice, am not a dolphin expert !) Sounds great, have fun xx

Hi Jenna, lucky you :) you have the opportunity to take 4 weeks off, nice. Will you have the opportunity to swim with the dolphins whilst you are out there or will it be strictly business?:lol:

Its not something i have done but want to some day:green:

i swam with them at discovery cove in florida!!
was great fun.
you dont actually get very long swimming with them as your paying for your whole day of relaxation at discovery cove as they only let about 100 people in a day!!
wish i could swim again but would want to do it for longer!!:lol:

Latest posts

Back