Taking Pics Of Nails...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glorsclaws

Photographic Geek
Reaction score
Hiya peeps,
More and more Im beginning to think I missed my calling with the old photography thing, and more and more Im leaning towards actually learning something about it, ie. doing some courses etc.
Heres my latest pics, my flash is too powerful on macro, so couldnt use it, and these were taken at night... hence the soft focus look.
I really love posing nail pics... you may have noticed :rolleyes:
Is there anyone here know anything about photgraphy? lighting, etc? Id love to get some really class pics to put on my website (when I get around to sorting it).
Marian.... if Mr Knight ever needs someone to carry his sandwich box for a day... tell him you know a woman who is a real top class sandwich box carrier, lmao!!!

oh glors i just LOVE your pictures, i have no idea how to stage them at all !!! mmmm wonder if Liza / creative fancies doing some course on this ! lol fab add on for courses, just like the ones they do for retail etc !

WOW WOW WOW babe thats all i can say about your nails and your photos ! keep posting them they / you are inspirational and i for one love seeing them

kx

Your pics always look great Gloria...keep em coming

There is nobody on here tha tinspires me more than Glo!

One day!!!

Thanx for your positive comments peeps :hug:
Hey karren thats a great idea for add on courses... oooh somebody volunteer .... pleeeease!!!
Cos if no-one does I might just have to train myself up and offer my services, now theres an idea :idea:

OOh also,... think I should have posted this in Chitchat... wont be offended if the powers that be want to shimmy the thread around :wink2:

Glo, I've said it before and I will say it again.....you are heading for big things, it's just a matter of time before someone snaps you up. Keep 'em coming Glo, your work is a real inspiration to us all.

Love David.x

I agree!

You really have got an amazing talent...not just for nails but the photos too!

I would contact comeone if I was you - i'd love to be more involved in the comp side of things if I had your talent!

Hi Glo!

There's look lovely,are there gel or l&p.................and the little flowers look so sweet how did you do them?
keep them coming Glo there looooooooovely!

Well Dune! :hug:

Hi Glo,

We keep telling you that you are VERY talented, both in the nails that you produce and the photos that go along with them, but you never listen ! :smack:

For somebody who has had no "formal" photography training, you are doing a brilliant job ! Just think what the photos will look like once you get training !!!

Like Kimmi suggested, I think you would make a brilliant CND Ambassador, you might want to give it some thought .....:)

River

PS: I still want you to teach me some nail art (PRETTY PLEASE !!)

the pics are fab Glo :) , ...search for a great photography course and go for it!!!!!learn all you can then just imagine what you will be able to create if these r just yr 'snapshots'! Book one TODAY!!!! love Tracy xxx

Well I haven't been on the site for a couple of days and this is the first thread I opened. How breath taking! Glo I hope you are going to have a full poster size of this one and keep one for me too!

I can't give you any advice on photograpy, other than about accessories. Do something Ethnic, chunky beads, brightly coloured beads - to go with the fashion at the mo!

Well done! xx

You may have missed your calling in photography but def not missed it in nails hun!!! Both nails and photies are fab!

XX

Thos pics are beautiful Glo - you are definitely destined for the BIG TIME!

Glors do it !!! id travel up and book on your course hun - you've seen my pics - that are just so hillarious its untrue, you're just lucky the nails themselves are in the pics - i just havent got a clue !

just a though though, serious one, and not sure if you have to have qualifications ???? but if you fancy pulling together a couple of dates and charging a nominal fee for your time, i would pay and love to travel up for you to show me the basics of staging pics. Im finalising my web site and it would look so much more professional if i had some pics that had a bit more imagination about them !

if you're up for it pm me

ps no freebies ! you need to earn for your talent and time

kx

Glorsclaws said:
Thanx for your positive comments peeps :hug:
Hey karren thats a great idea for add on courses... oooh somebody volunteer .... pleeeease!!!
Cos if no-one does I might just have to train myself up and offer my services, now theres an idea :idea:

OOh also,... think I should have posted this in Chitchat... wont be offended if the powers that be want to shimmy the thread around :wink2:

I think you should put together a tutorial for us thicko camera geeks.

I would love to know how to take a decent shot for my comp entry!

fairies need a photographer too :wink2: :wink2: :wink2: :wink2: :wink2: :wink2:

what more is there to add that hasn't been said already... ?
you're a talented lady who inspires a hell of a lot of people, not only with your nail techniques, your art, your photo's, your creativity.... the list goes on.
go for it Glo, you have got what it takes to really 'do something' with the gift you have.
:hug: xxx

You go girl. we all think your great. you have true geek support.:)

Go Glo! Go Glo!

If I HAVE to eat custard tarts for you, then you have to go on a photo course!

You defiantely should go and do some photography courses to learn the tricks of the trade hun, you have an excellent eye and your pics always look wonderful.

Go Glo Go
x

Latest posts

Back