The best spray tan solution ever made!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty123

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to inform u of a fantastic solution from LA TANNING, my friend referred these onto me, i didn’t know how reputable they are but from reading there testimonials, loads of celebs use them. I have just tried the darkest solution in the world (literally) LA DISCO which is 18% DHA.They have not done a press realise yet, i have used a sample they issued me.I believe LA TANNING are one of few company’s whom have got the hands on this product.

It’s great you only have to put one layer on and they are instantly tanned. Not like perfect 10 that you have to apply twice. It isn’t orange, green or smells of bread like most i have used..
The client is getting a sun kissed glow instantly whilst i am saving on my solution. Good Times!!

what solutions were you using previously?

perhaps you should see how it lasts and fades before you sing its praises as the best solution in the world? Are you associated with the company by any chance?

I have all the same plus points with the Sienna solution that I use already.

I've never even heard of them. In my opinion it isn't good to go with a company that doesn't promote very well. You will notice that nearly every tanning company boast about how many stars use their product. It's all just to sell it. The stars have probably never even heard of it. So don't be sucked in by that hun.
I would be interested to know what you were using before. There are hundreds out there to try so don't just stop at that.
Have a look to see which companies offer the best customer service and what they have on offer for you to retail. Both Sienna and Tantrick are good for this.
xxx

i do believe LA tan are based in Manchester

What a coincidence!

I have just tried the darkest solution in the world (literally) LA DISCO which is 18% DHA.

Why not just put neat intensifier drops into your pot and do a 35% and be done :eek:..that would definatley be the darkest tan around :lol::lol:

If i'm not mistaken, don't LA tanning advertise on this site, or have i got that wrong?

Awww come on guys, don't be too hard on the girl (or guy) sorry not read your profile. We all have our tans that we believe in to the hilt and just because someone has a different opinion doesn't mean that it is necessarily wrong. And.... at the end of the day I know what us mancunians are like, most of them like their tans, dark, dark, dark.

I personally haven't tried LA Tan and because of that I won't comment further.

If you like it though hunni and your clients too, then keep on, but do try other solutions too.

AND>>> just because you haven't heard of it, doesn't mean its no good.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to inform u of a fantastic solution from LA TANNING, my friend referred these onto me, i didn’t know how reputable they are but from reading there testimonials, loads of celebs use them. I have just tried the darkest solution in the world (literally) LA DISCO which is 18% DHA.They have not done a press realise yet, i have used a sample they issued me.I believe LA TANNING are one of few company’s whom have got the hands on this product.

It’s great you only have to put one layer on and they are instantly tanned. Not like perfect 10 that you have to apply twice. It isn’t orange, green or smells of bread like most i have used..
The client is getting a sun kissed glow instantly whilst i am saving on my solution. Good Times!!

As has already been asked numerous times here which tan were you using before trying this,
also as you claim it is the best in the world just how many different solutions have you tried before making this claim ?

loads of celebs possibly do use them but that is only because it is supplied for free to these celebs so that the company can use the celebs names in advertising for free,
hence saving the company thousands,
this makes them shrewed not the best in the world lol :lol:

Awww come on guys, don't be too hard on the girl (or guy) sorry not read your profile. We all have our tans that we believe in to the hilt and just because someone has a different opinion doesn't mean that it is necessarily wrong. And.... at the end of the day I know what us mancunians are like, most of them like their tans, dark, dark, dark.

I personally haven't tried LA Tan and because of that I won't comment further.

If you like it though hunni and your clients too, then keep on, but do try other solutions too.

AND>>> just because you haven't heard of it, doesn't mean its no good.

Totally agree with you. Just because we haven't heard of a company doesn't mean they are rubbish but companies like Sienna and Tantrick are well known because they do all of the advertising for us to make people aware of there solutions. That in itself ,will sell better than one no body has heard of.
I see hundreds of posts on here saying 'this solution is the best' when in fact this person has only tried 2 or 3. It can be a bit misleading to people that are actually trying to find 'the perfect solution' as there are other factors to consider when trying to find the right one.
xxx

For it to be the best it needs research of other tans and trialling ............ come back next year :zzz:
So what if Mancunians like to be dark - you can be a nicer shade of dark by adding intensifyer to a good brand :cool:.
Oh and celebs use EVERY tan, EVERY brand of makeup and EVERY designer as the person supplying them is who makes the choice and the free goody bags! So they must all be good then!

For it to be the best it needs research of other tans and trialling ............ come back next year :zzz:
So what if Mancunians like to be dark - you can be a nicer shade of dark by adding intensifyer to a good brand :cool:.
Oh and celebs use EVERY tan, EVERY brand of makeup and EVERY designer as the person supplying them is who makes the choice and the free goody bags! So they must all be good then!

I ordered a sample from Xen Tan the other week. Before I tried it out I read up on it and there were pictures in their leaflet of a few stars, really brown! and supposedly had been sprayed in this solution. (Bearing in mind there is only ONE colour)
So I thought i'd try it and there is absolutely NO WAY it had been this solution they had been sprayed in.They all looked the same.
When I did my make -up training I was trained by a lady call sushma. She is a make-up artist for the stars and does make- up for adverts etc. She was telling me that for example the adverts you see with all the pretty ladies covered in maybeline foundation is really misleading as it may be Maybeline she is wearing but also a bit of maxfactor and anything else they could find at the time.
I may be negative but this really puts me off as i don't like being lied to and think it's better that we try it ourselves!!
So good advice hun! xxx

hi ive been with la tanning for a while now, i got 2 litres of disco yesterday, did 2 tans today, its a fab colour, ive got models lined up ,to test how long it lasts. should be a fair few days,
im a big fan of the 8% it tans everbody, even the most fairest of people
cheeres hxx can i just mention that after talking to la tanning, its not the darkest tan ,its the strongest tan
which means it should last a lot longer, i will let you all know soon

Last edited:
I have used fake bake, st tropez, siena,xen tan,tantrick to name a few. However my clients are my best critics, there the paying customer and there feedback is what i value. There happy so it cant be a bad thing.
As for working for the comapny i am a mobile spary tanner but would welcome a fixed salon position if anyone is looking for permant spray tanner :) xx
PS- You had me worried regarding adding the intesifying drops, i rang LA TAN and told them my concern and they informed me the booster drops alone only go upto a 34% in DHA they said booster drops will strengthen any solution but it will only strengthen the DHA it doesnt mean its going to darken the colour, like la disco is. And for putting the 35% drops into the solution the guy in customer services nearly fell off his chair..he he. In my opinion it saves time and extra cost in drops that are not safe in mixing are not going to get the resulti want and i am not qualified in mixing products x

Last edited:
Hi guys and girls , im a spray tanner in liverpool, i bought la disco from the web site on monday and did my first 3 girls last night, i called for some feed back this morn and they are really happy with the color, as its the strongest color i didnt need that much so i will get more tans out of the litre in turn more dosh for me " yipee:lol:" will keep you posted on how long they say the color lasts .

Hi guys and girls , im a spray tanner in liverpool, i bought la disco from the web site on monday and did my first 3 girls last night, i called for some feed back this morn and they are really happy with the color, as its the strongest color i didnt need that much so i will get more tans out of the litre in turn more dosh for me " yipee:lol:" will keep you posted on how long they say the color lasts .

No offence to you hun but I never understand why therapists never try it out on them selves?
I know it's good to get a clients feed back but if you tried it on yourself then you will have first hand knowledge on how the colour guide washed off, what the colour was like, did the solution sting your eyes, How it faded and how long it lasted.
It is very well getting feed back from clients but the results could not be very accurate as we all know what some clients are like at skin prep and maintenance.
So grab your mum or friend and teach them to spray you :hug: xxx

I always, always try on me and a very trusted friend who works in the salon where I am and I see her every day. She gives me honest feedback on how badly it comes off on her bed sheets (lol), how it fades etc etc. I

This is great for me as it allows me to see for myself and try for myself.

PS- You had me worried regarding adding the intesifying drops, i rang LA TAN and told them my concern and they informed me the booster drops alone only go upto a 34% in DHA they said booster drops will strengthen any solution but it will only strengthen the DHA it doesnt mean its going to darken the colour, like la disco is. And for putting the 35% drops into the solution the guy in customer services nearly fell off his chair..he he. In my opinion it saves time and extra cost in drops that are not safe in mixing are not going to get the resulti want and i am not qualified in mixing products x

I think you took Collin too literally!
Booster drops increase the DHA. Add one drop per 100ml to take it up 1 %.
So if you only have an 8% and your client wants a 10% then add 2 drops per 100ml to take it up to a 10%.

I think you took Collin too literally!

LOL :wink2:

If booster drops doesn't make it dark enough ive heard B&Q do a really good own brand range of Old English dark oak solutions...has a tendency to stick the gun up a bit but the additional benefits far out weigh this...like no woodworm and your skin tone definitely wont clash with the garden furniture....

Of course you do need to keep an eye out for the lesser spotted woodpecker which comes over to our fair shores about this time of year :eek:as you don't want one of these attaching itself to you and pecking away...still it does however work as a good means of exfoliation though :lol::lol::lol:

Latest posts

Back