The Event - Rewarding

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's nice for those of us that work by ourselves to have someone to come and chat 'shop' with aswell as just have a natter and a laugh. I have more fun chatting on here sometmes than with my real life friends, because they cant understand what makes me tick most of the time. Wheras on here theres always someone that gets you!!

It's nice for those of us that work by ourselves to have someone to come and chat 'shop' with aswell as just have a natter and a laugh. I have more fun chatting on here sometmes than with my real life friends, because they cant understand what makes me tick most of the time. Wheras on here theres always someone that gets you!!

Exactly.

THE most important thing in life (after family and friends) is being given the opportunity to help other human beings.....

We can do this every day if we are always on the ball....but mostly we have to wait until we're asked..........how fantastic is it to be asked on this site for professional, technical, numeric, emotional, psychological, scientific, etc. advice on a daily basis.

What an honour...thanks salongeek:hug:

Last edited:
omg what does salon geek and the geeks in it mean to me .......How long have you got ? :green:
Ok I'll be as brief as I can...3 or 4 pages should do it !

This site, and the people in it have taken me through not only my career but my LIFE too.
I came into nails for a "hobby" never in my wildest dreams did I even consider I would one day hope to become an educator.
You have laughed with me (so much I have actually had asthma attacks)
...virtually hugged me when I was down.
And made me feel like an "Emma" instead of someones mum, owner, partner, etc.....

I feel I have grown up with you all, Ok I know I was 25 when I joined the site, But mentally I have developed so much over the last 3 years and as cheesy as it may sound, this site has a huge amount to do with that.

Nail wise...well where would I be without the "geeks" hmmmm probably
Nowhere I would have no dreams or aspirations, No path I wanted to follow and no goals I wanted to achieve.
Seriously I thought I would always plod along doing the same old thing...never being truly happy in my working life.
My nails themselves would probably be pants...
I may have even gone down the Rio nails route
~~I will say my hail geekies later for that comment~~
College didn't teach me what product was what and who was who, and what exactly could have been done with all these products I could get my hands on..
I wouldn't have known where to look myself...so I'd have been stuck in a big Ole' nail rut,
Possibly just doing my own, and not a very good job of it.

Of course the nail part of this site is MASSIVE to me,
But the kindness and like mindedness....even the disagreements have all helped me in so many ways, to develop my own personality, my own mind...and to realise it IS OK to have my own opinions.
I don;t always have to agree and follow what my friends do.

This has all made me a happier person.

I have had many downs during my time on this site....Geeks have picked me up...and put me back on track for no reason of self gain...just because
They are LOVELY people. :hug:

As I said I could go on FOREVER.....But I would bore you all to tears...

It's hard to think of names...their are SO MANY...
Including geeks who we no longer see on the boards,
But I will come up with some that spring to mind as being very special imo.
and email you Sam.

I won't re-read this post before I submit because I will end up tweaking and editing and I will be here all night,
I read the thread earlier, but wanted to wait until the kids were in bed, and I had a cup of tea before I answered....and while I am on the subject of tea ....does anyone have any clue as to why my cup tastes perfumey ??? :confused:)

Salon geek for me is lifeline to other like-minded people. I have learnt so much on here and made so many friends, it has given me opportunties that I would never have had, had I not joined this site. It is my first port of call when I am having my morning cuppa. I love it. :hug:

i have tried to think of a word so i dont waffle on like i sually do

SUPPORT

educational support
personal support
career support

support you can only get on here and no where else....people in the same boat as you interest, educational and personal....from like minded people

Well for me - without this site I dont think I would have had the guts to join this industry to the extent that I did and enjoy the living that I now get form it.

There has been times when I have hated this site! Like the times when rows seem to brew up out of nowhere for no silly reason and those rows felt like full scale wars had broken out. Like the times when it has cause so many rows with my husband when I have been up at hours of night when I just couldnt pull myself away from my computer and the salon geek site.

There has also been times when this site has been the life line to keeping my sanity going, you the times when life doesnt seem like it is worth living but the people on here have pulled you through it all. The times when you thought you just couldnt go on anymore and the geeks were there for you.

You know - reading the above is just like any relationship you go through with somebody you love. The times when you hate them, the times when you love them and the times when you will move heaven and earth to help them.

That is what this site is - like a love affair that you just cant pull away from.
There are times when i just couldnt face even come near this site I hated so much but I just had to keep coming back - just like that real love in your real life!

This industry can be a very very lonely one but for so many of us it has felt like we all work in one big massive community supporting each other in our beloved profession.

As for names - well where do I start.............

Sam - can we have the actual e-mail address for the voting as I dont use the one that it automatically opens up on my pc for my e-mails.

Thank you

Salongeeks is now my family, I pop in every day, sometimes say a lot other times say nothing, but I always listen and remember what youve told me.

Salongeeks you are amazing, thank you x

if you hover over the link te email addy will come up in the bottom left of the browser window. Or, you can copy and paste it out of the program that it automatically opens up.

However for your conveinience, it is [email protected] (i think, from memory! lol)

Hiya.

I stumbled upon Salongeek over a year ago when I was considering a career change. I was overwhelmed by the support and passion that is abundant on here and I know that had it not been for the friendly advice and tutorials, and in general the support and information that people so freely give, I wouldn't have persuade my new career.

It's taken me most of that 'over a year' to get where I am at the moment. I know that if I hadn't had this brilliant site I would've made totally wrong choices (if any at all) and probably wasted a lot of time, effort and of course money to be able to work doing what I love. Had this have happened, I've no doubt I would've given up.

Everyone on here is supportive in their own way, and I hope that I too, even being a 'newbie' have been able to help wherever I can, and this is what makes this site so special.

Supportive
Amiable
Laugh
Oldies
Newbies
Giving
Ever-ready
Encyclopedia
Keen

Salongeek means so much to me and every other geek I have come across.

Sarah. xx

Hi, why is salongeek special to me?? I have met some wonderful people from this site, i have gained some extra knowledge from this site and lets face it i dont think that there is another site out there that makes you feel like one big happy family! I'd be lost without this site and all the people on it that makes it what it is, a fun, happy, addictive :lol: place to be. Jo.xx :hug:

Geeking is special to me because....

If I have a query relating to beauty/hair, it's answered, usually very quickly, and also without making me feel like an idiot, even if it's a daft question:green:

If I feel down, I come here, people make me feel better. If I feel good, I come here, people join me in my happiness:green::green:

I have been on other forums, and had some extremely rude replies to threads, whether I was asking for help, or sharing an experience, or whatever. I have NEVER had that happen here:green::green::green:

EVERYONE seems to just get along, like we're all old friends. TBH I don't have a large base of friends at the mo, but I always feel among friends when I come here:green::green::green::green:

The only downside to Geeking? I'M TOTALLY ADDICTED!:rolleyes: I have to do something else with my freetime, even if only occasionally!

Love you all:hug:

When I think of what Salongeek means to me, like everyone has already mentioned, there's the friendship, support, marriage guidence, career advice, knowlege all wrapped up in a blue framed environment where we all applaud each other for business development and growth and geniunely mean it.

Thanks so much for Salongeek Sam - I don't think I'd be the nail nerd I am today without it!!!!

What Salongeek.com means to me: I have loved "doing" nails for over half of my life (ok that may not seem long as Im only 27 lol) it has always been a hobby to paint nails and come up with weird and wonderful designs with paints and other materials, but I always promised myself that one day I would be a qualified Nail Technician, I guess you could say its always been my ambition. But the time never came and there was always something else to spend the money on.
However, last year my O.H's great unlcle passed away and even though I'd only met him a few times he knew of my passion for nails. In his will he had left me a sum of money to finally achieve my dream, to become a nail technician. So I did just that, the course was ok and taught me the basics but the VERY best thing my tutor told me was to visit this website www.salongeek.com and it has totally changed my life, no longer is doing nails just a hobby for me, it is my job, it is my life. And I still get to create weird & wonderful designs, but I have so much more to play with now :)
I have help whenever I need it, support & encouragement when I feel I cant do something, people to laugh at me & with me and the one thing I love about this community of ours is that no matter what time of the day or night the geeky ones will bend over backwards to help you without any gain for themselves except the knowledge that they have helped make you smile from within.
I think I'd better stop now
Love to all
Stacy

My nominations are in :eek:
Omg how hard to choose a few people when you feel like you just love everyone lol,
And when so many people have helped you at some stage during your 3 years on here.....

Now I know how the big brother contestants feel lol,
But they only have a few people to remember...we have THOUSANDS :eek:

I hated doing that..but no way was I NOT going to do it, because some very special people deserve recognition. :hug:

this site is special to me as it has given me the change to meet like minded people many of whom have become good friends, the support and encouragement we all share is truly wonderful, many of us work on our own so its great to bounce ideas/information/knowledge etc of each other... it really is one big salon.

I find it not only a great source of information but also a great place to inspire, not just from looking at pictures but also from the people on her and the things they have achieved, this has encouraged me to further my own education and to push and grow myself professionally as much as I can, I don't think with out this site and these people on it I would have done that.

Its also made me very proud and passionate of the job I do.

WHat does this site mean to me? OMG I didnt think anything could make lost for words!!

I turned to this site on the recommendtion of the lovely DIane on day one of my foundation course, and I have never looked back. Full of helpful advice, and I mean advice that is second to none. I have made some lovely friends on the geek, truly amazing people and even more so since blogging. I have been on a journey both in my career and in my personal life over the past 3 years and my geeky friends have been there, every step of the way, with advice, support, humour, and hugs. It amazes me daily that I regard people as good friends when some I have not even met before!! Geeks you are the best!! Mmmmmwah!!

Mr and Mrs Geek uber respect to you fabulous people !!

When i found this site, i had just embarked on this career, with a dodgy course under my belt i didnt know where else to go, thought i cant do nails im crap and was about to admit to hubby that id just wasted best part of £500, then i found salongeek, and wow my life changed,

it took me long time to save and decide on the right course, but i have been helped so many times, with my VTCT, my CND foundation course etc, so many geeks gave me there stories and made sure i chose carefully so as not to make any more costly mistakes and have kept me going, when i honestly didnt feel it was worth trying anymore

i have had few probs over last year and the journal/blog gang have kept me sane, and just recently when our Ashleigh was rushed to hospital and i thought i would collapse with the strain of it all, geeks to the rescue.

i feel like i am part of a big family, and just like real families, we dont all get on, dont always all see eye to eye, but thats what makes it 'right' IYKWIM, everyone has a say and everyone is important, no matter what,

i have given up nails now, (only do mine and close family) as due to ashleighs illness i cant work, but i want to keep my hand in (no pun intended incase i can return in the future) but i am still made to feel part of the family, i still feel very welcome here etc

when i need the answer to something i dont understand, i ask and recieve so many answers, when i have choices to make i ask and recieve advice, when im unsure if im right about something, i come on and ask, and people put my mind at rest etc, its like a 24/7 library/encyclopedia/university for me

it is an amazing site (and ive been a member of many) and nothing compares to this, the love and support that comes from this site, never ceases to amaze me.

I know I have changed and grown as a person over the last 2 years and I am not ashamed to admit, that salongeek and the people on it have played a huge part in that, giving me the confidence, strength and sometimes guidance that i needed to do this

thanks salongeek , you rule xxxxx:hug::hug:

email on its way Sam xxx

Latest posts

Back