Things people from other areas don't understand!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seen my arse? Pmsl!!

This thread is hilarious Lol

My OH thought it was hilarious that as a kid we called the game where you knock on someone's front door and run away "ding dong dash". He calls it knock down ginger. At least mine makes sense haha

Pregnant = up the duff
Have a wee = syphon the python
Having a poo = dropping the kids off

I'm sure more will come to me

X

Sent from my HTC Sensation using SalonGeek

Another for s is saying "I'm rough as Ken" which means rough in a scruffy way, or rough in a hangover way. I do not have a clue who Ken is btw!

Also, calling someone scruffy as nezbit or a clampit...

My house when I was a kid was just like the Royle Family tv prog..... Honestly, it was exactly like that! Mental northern house.....

i - means yes

I think its spelled aye. :) I want to learn gaelic
Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

My OH thought it was hilarious that as a kid we called the game where you knock on someone's front door and run away "ding dong dash". He calls it knock down ginger. At least mine makes sense haha

Pregnant = up the duff

X

Ha! We called it 'Knock a door ginger' !

Where does the ginger bit come from though Lol

Also I used to play rock paper scissors but around my way now its ching chang walla WTF? Haha

Pregnant = up the duff

X

Hahahahaha in Scotland we call your "ding dong dash" something equally as descriptive...we call that game "chap door run"

Haha! Simple game to understand really !!!! Xxx

Another for s is saying "I'm rough as Ken" which means rough in a scruffy way, or rough in a hangover way. I do not have a clue who Ken is btw!

Also, calling someone scruffy as nezbit or a clampit...

My house when I was a kid was just like the Royle Family tv prog..... Honestly, it was exactly like that! Mental northern house.....

Are you from the north east? My partner is and they use the word clampit! A scruffy dirty person.

X

Sparkles I heard someone call it ching chang walla the other day too...where did that come from?!

Chud/Chuddy = Chewing gum
Daps = Plimsoles
Where be it or Where's it to? = Where is it?
Lush
Gurt macker = Very Big
Starvin' Marvin' = Hungry
All money not on my card is change even notes.
Cuppa = Tea
Numpty = Idiot
On the lash = Getting drunk

I'm from Somerset but moved up to Lancashire a few years ago & have to get my oh to ask for a roll/sandwich because they all call it different things so I never know if I should say barm or bun or what.
I once asked for a cream tea and they put squirty cream on, ummm, I asked for a cream tea, I expect clotted cream. I was gutted!

My oh says get, like git but apparently it's different. :rolleyes:

Are you from the north east? My partner is and they use the word clampit! A scruffy dirty person.

X

We have the Clampits living next door. Our whole street refers to them as the Clampits because they have 6 kids, their garden is overgrown, their house is in a state of disrepair and they drive old bangers.

They're called the Clampits because of the old tv programme "The Beverly Hillbillies". That was their last name, so instead of calling someone a hillbilly, theyre referred to as a Clampits.

Does anybody else have a ridiculous amount of words for certain parts of the, ahem....human anatomy?

I won't be listing them for obvious reasons! I don't want to get banned from the site! Lol.

Haha!! My 14 yr old daughter calls her 'lady bits' Nicki Minaj - my husband thought it she had made it up! It wasn't till we were watching MTV, he realised there was such a person & he nearly choked on his JD&coke!!! Lmao!!

One of oldest friends comes from Middlesborough & he calls Knock down Ginger - knocky door runaway!!

Haha!! My 14 yr old daughter calls her 'lady bits' Nicki Minaj - my husband thought it she had made it up! It wasn't till we were watching MTV, he realised there was such a person & he nearly choked on his JD&coke!!! Lmao!!

One of oldest friends comes from Middlesborough & he calls Knock down Ginger - knocky door runaway!!

Ha ha in central Scotland we call that game "chap door run". Literally!

Ha ha in central Scotland we call that game "chap door run". Literally!

We call it thunder and lightning, as in knock the door like thunder and run away like lightning lol!

Tackys for trainers, Jersey for Jumper, Braai for BBQ, Stoep for patio, just a few things that made people look at me like a mad person when I came over. These are all words used by english speaking South Africans as a proper word, not just an Afrikaans one substituted.

Hang on a minute I am just putting a jersey and tackys on before I go on to the stoep for the braai. LOL

Hahahahaha in Scotland we call your "ding dong dash" something equally as descriptive...we call that game "chap door run"

Haha! Simple game to understand really !!!! Xxx

Haha its so wierd how we all call this game something different! Im from cumbria and we call it knock and nash! X

We call it thunder and lightning, as in knock the door like thunder and run away like lightning lol!

We call it: Knock a door run.

I say DINNER not LUNCH. And my evening meal is my TEA.

See we have breakfast, dinner at 12, tea at 3(a cuppa and a biccy), and supper at 6 which is our evening meal! My friend who is originally from lancashire has breakfast, elevenses (a cuppa tea) lunch, baggin at 3 ( another cuppa) tea and then supper before bed! This seems like a heck of a lot of meals to me! X

We call it rat-a-tat ginger where we live

Latest posts

Back