TRAINING CryBaby or MYscara price difference

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dancingdiva3101

Reaction score
hey geeks, just a quick question for anyone that has done this training or thinking about doing this training. Can you please tell me the difference between these both? I phoned up CryBaby today and the cost of training is £xxx.xx+ VAT. MYsacara is only £xxx+ VAT.

As far as im aware these are both similar treatments by two different companys.

The girl on the phone at CryBaby also told me that they were the original ones to bring this treatment out and i thought it was LASHDIP in america and explained this to her. I read on here that LASHDIP are bringing it to the UK but not sure when and the girl at CryBaby said that they had no intensions of bringing it to the UK.

Does any1 know anything different? and which is the best training to go on?
Thanks in advance x

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe on includes the kit, and one doesnt?

Crybaby does include the kit, there's a machine with their's that's like a steamer to set the eye's. Not sure about mycarsa.

I would have thought, like anything else that comes in from the states or overseas, the CryBaby price is going to also include a fairly massive proportion of import duties etc, whereas MYscara is Uk made!

MYscara also doesn't need a blower, which in my personal opinion is quite nice, as the demonstration of CryBaby I saw, had the client holding the blower, and I wouldn't want to ask my clients to do so. They come to me to be able to switch of and relax!

Hi geeks, just wanted to throw my 2 pence worth in lol
Just as a side note, the cry baby dryer is a fantastic tool for lower lash and express lash, as well as the cry baby treatment. Its fab!
Anyway, lol. Cry baby is a product that has been in development, and extensive research for 3 years. It has been a treatment in the US for a year. cry baby had to go through a very long, and strict quality testing etc, before it was even launched in the US. This has been a long time in the making Geeks! It is a unique and original treatment, and tested to within an inch of its life lol:biggrin:
For me, just as with HD Brows, I am willing to pay for a "brand" that I know delivers quality, and has been extensivly researched. (I am not saying that Myscara is sub-quality, its a differant product altogether)

Only you can decide on what you are willing to pay etc. We all make our own business decision eh:Love: I think the semi permanent mascaras are a great gap filler in the market, and a great additional treatment xx

I completely agree with cabinkel (especially about buying into the "brand")

The kit is included with crybaby and I don't think it's included with Myscara. (both products are different so require different kits).

Just to clarify, the blower with crybaby is only held by the client when applying to lower lashes which only takes minutes. The technician will use it at the end of upper lash application.

It is also a great tool to use at the end of semi permanent lash application as it speeds up the curing process of the glue.

HTH xx

The MYscara training is £xxx+VAt and the kit is £xx+Vat (total £xxx+VAT), with enough product for up to about 90 sets.

I believe the price you've put for MYscara is for people who have already trained in eyelash extensions. If not it costs more, and when you add the kit on, it's not massively different to crybaby. I'm booked on for MYscara in June and can't wait! :biggrin:

As a trainer for MYscara, I charge £xxx +VAT for training, regardless of whether someone is lash trained or not, so the cost I quoted is correct for us.

Not sure what others charge (on the Glamlash website - who manufacture MYscara it is also showing at £xxx), but it's definitely £xxx+VAT from us!!

AAs a trainer for MYscara, I charge £xxx +VAT for training, regardless of whether someone is lash trained or not, so the cost I quoted is correct for us.

Not sure what others charge (on the Glamlash website - who manufacture MYscara it is also showing at £xxx), but it's definitely £xxx+VAT from us!!

Bugger - really?! That's a shame, I'm booked on in June and am paying more for training because I haven't done lashes. :rolleyes: You'd think all trainers would charge the same?

Bugger - really?! That's a shame, I'm booked on in June and am paying more for training because I haven't done lashes. :rolleyes: You'd think all trainers would charge the same?

With aspire to beauty I noticed that there was a difference in price if you were trained in lash extensions already but with others it isn't mentioned xx

With aspire to beauty I noticed that there was a difference in price if you were trained in lash extensions already but with others it isn't mentioned xx

Yep thats who I'm training with, as they are my nearest.....

thanks guys helpfull answers, i was quoted £xxx + VAT regardless if i had done lash training, thats with glam lash in glasgow x

The MYscara training is £xxx+VAt and the kit is £xx+Vat (total £xxx+VAT), with enough product for up to about 90 sets.

I'm very tempted to book onto the training course next month in Belfast. The only thing that's putting me off slightly is the cost to the client. £45-£65, is that right? Xx

I enquired with Glam Lash (advertised at £xxx + VAT) and had my details passed onto Aspire to Beauty who quoted me more for not having prior lash extension training.

The lady at Aspire also assured me that all Myscara trainers were charging the same price no matter where you trained in the UK.

As for Glam Lash, have not been able to get hold of them since. No one answers the phone (voicemail only), when someone does can only take a message and no one gets back!

I enquired about the Myscara course. I rang Aspire to Beauty and left a message but no-one got back to me.
I also noticed that there is one price for training with Glam Lash and 2 prices for training with Aspire to Beauty, depending on whether you are already an eyelash technician.
Prices should be consistent and should certainly not be cheaper if you go with the main company themselves, Glam Lash.
I've heard time and time again about people ringing them and either no-one answers the phone or you have to leave a message and then no-one gets back to you. I'd be very worried that if I trained with them I'd struggle to get products after as no-one seems to answer the phone.
I have decided that I am going to train with Crybaby. The website and photos are much more professional and better still, they answer the phone!

hey geeks, just a quick question for anyone that has done this training or thinking about doing this training. Can you please tell me the difference between these both? I phoned up CryBaby today and the cost of training is £xxx.xx+ VAT. MYsacara is only £xxx+ VAT.

As far as im aware these are both similar treatments by two different companys.

The girl on the phone at CryBaby also told me that they were the original ones to bring this treatment out and i thought it was LASHDIP in america and explained this to her. I read on here that LASHDIP are bringing it to the UK but not sure when and the girl at CryBaby said that they had no intensions of bringing it to the UK.

Does any1 know anything different? and which is the best training to go on?
Thanks in advance x

Cry Baby Mascara was invented 4 years ago, and we have spent 3 years perfecting the formulation, tools and application before we sold to our first salon. It is a patented, proprietary, one of a kind custom-mixed formula. All ingredients are individually FDA approved.

The beauty of Cry Baby is that, it is, custom-mixed and custom applied by the professional. If the client wants a light, more natural look - they can have it. If they want a more full, glamorous look, they can have it. Either way, it will look and feel like their favorite mascara; only it won't run, smudge or smear - for at least 2 weeks!

It is tailor-made for weddings, events, vacations, or just for women who want the ease of only having to put on mascara twice a month.

When we formally launched at the Cosmoprof North America Trade-show last July 2010, the entire concept of "semi permanent mascara" did not exist. We announced it to the professional beauty world. A few months later, Lashdip arrived. There are a few significant factual differences between Cry Baby and our competitors. Research, development and product formulation, we cannot legally be copied so no one does it like the innovators. We are the original. Imitation is the highest form of flattery. So, Thanks.

We do only sell to licensed professionals. We do require Certification.
"Like" us on Facebook (Cry Baby Mascara). You can see more pictures, videos, comments, and check our upcoming training schedule.

I'm very tempted to book onto the training course next month in Belfast. The only thing that's putting me off slightly is the cost to the client. £45-£65, is that right? Xx

The suggested retail of MYscara is £35 - £55, but you are free to set your own pricing. I personally launched mine at a special of £30, to get interest, with the option to charge more, if people wanted to build up for a more dramatic look. I'm happy to pm cost per set to people on request, which is more than competitive and attractive, but of course we don't publicly post trade ocsts on here.

The single formula (actually we have 2 - a slow set and a fast set, for your ease of application) can be applied as naturally or as dramatically as you like. 1-2 coats give a beautiful natural look, 3 -4 coats a more mascara'd look and I have seen 5 or 6 coats give a stunning but very dramatic look, although 2-3 is probably the most requested amount, and is done is around 30 mins.

Glamlash who developed MYscara, of course, are very exerienced in lashes, being the company already behind a succesful lash range, so technically the product is excellently designed in usage, application and quality. And best of all it's British made....how often do we get to keep our product prices lower, purely because we don't have pay out a large proportion to cover import duties etc, and aren't reliant on international shipping (although not anything to do with lashes...I remember only too well the issues that damn volcano caused me lol!).

We do have a MYscara Mania social group on here to....for you to chat more in depth and avoid the issue of clogging up the forums with details that perhaps are better dealt with more individually. Clicky on the link below and join the party!!

Salon Geek - MYscara Mania!!

Really concerned here as to the pricing details contained in this thread which is viewable by anyone.:evil:

All professional prices/costings have been edited... took a while as there were quite a few.

Please remember that this isn't a closed forum, anyone can view the posts, including clients!

:wink2:

Latest posts

Back