Twilight Fans? and which team!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah, Midnight Sun. I totally loved it. I hope so much that she finishes it.

Yea I'm not too struck on "Vampire Diaries" but my daughter loves it I find it somewhat a bit like High School Musical - With Fangs -. True Blood has got me hooked though and I did say it was a bit raunchy.
That first episode :o but it did really pick up and although not totally on track with the books still a good watch. Jen get the books I am on book 9 and loving them. Sookie Stackhouse books Charlene Harris. Anyone got any other good books to recommend I am really into the Vampire thing at the moment :lol:, but think I will read the Host (Steph Meyer) next.

Team Edward definitely! The books are so much better than the films though. If you like Twilight you should read the Sookie Stackhouse books, they are the books that the TV series True Blood is based on. They are AMAZING :green: so much better than Twilight. I couldn't put them down and the characters are hot lol :)

Yea I'm not too struck on "Vampire Diaries" but my daughter loves it I find it somewhat a bit like High School Musical - With Fangs -. True Blood has got me hooked though and I did say it was a bit raunchy.
That first episode :o but it did really pick up and although not totally on track with the books still a good watch. Jen get the books I am on book 9 and loving them. Sookie Stackhouse books Charlene Harris. Anyone got any other good books to recommend I am really into the Vampire thing at the moment :lol:, but think I will read the Host (Steph Meyer) next.

Eric YUMMMMM :green:

I started as a massive True Blood fan... my clients had never heard of it and I had never heard of Twilight :eek: or Robert Patinson :lol: They thought I was a freak!! I felt like I was constantly being asked if I'd seen Twilight yet! :irked:

Last month I was going an a course which involved a long train journey and one of my lovely clients brought me Twilight as a bit of a joke. I had NO interest in reading it (teen vamp vs True Blood hmmm)
Anyway, had nothing better to do for my 8 hours on a train, so I read it.
9 days later I had bought and read the series and seen the film.

Hated the film the first time I watched it but it's grown on me (a little bit).... It should have been a little darker... he is a Vampire afterall!!
Now I'm waiting for New Moon to arrive... I'm sure I'll be disappointed lol but I'll live :green:
I'm team Edward btw.... he is hot in the books!... better looking in the books too lol

Anyway, I'm enjoying Vampire Diaries (tv) loving the characters (twilight casting should have been more like this imo) and I'm with you Carl about the bro (Damon)... OMG he's niiiice!!!

The Vampire Diaries were written in 1991 btw... looong before Twilight.

Haven't read True Blood or Vampire Diaries - not sure if reading and watching them at the same time would be a mistake... anyone???

Last edited:
Eric YUMMMMM :green:

Eric is nice.

I think Bill is very sexy... I liked Rene too... and Jason :lol:
Actually most of them are pretty tasty :green:

Oooo I've just found out that Damon in Vampire Diaries was also Boone in Lost...
I liked him in that too

Boone in Lost...

Lol Lauri I was just going to tell you that he was in Lost he is cute!

Defo get the Sookie Stackhouse books they are a great read and so much more than the series it actually gives you so much more insight into Eric & Bill (who are both even more desirable in the books) and the relationship with Sookie goes much deeper than in the TV show HONESTLY you don't know what your missing.
I Recommed them. xx

Thanks Karen
I was worried that reading the books whilst watching the series might ruin the series for me - if you know what I mean?

But I will probably order them as soon as I post this message :green:

....... I've just got in from work and found that my New Moon dvd arrived this morning... so I'm off to bed to snuggle up and watch it :green:

Will let you know what I think at some point over the weekend

Night Night xx

I got my Twilight New Moon DVD through the post today and currently on a 'Robert Pattinson' film DVD spending spree!

I am Team Edward all the way!! He's older than Taylor who plays Jacob (can you believe Taylor is only 17!) so I feel less of a perve :lol:

Although the pale, messy hair mysterious one is oh so much more hotter than a toned bod (although it is a nice toned bod lol)

If you are a true fan of this kinda stuff you should get your weekly fix (rather than yearly), by watching "Vampire Diaries".

Holy crap, the brother is so damn cute.

It makes "Twightlighters" look quite immature and pathetic.

I couldn't get into vampire diaries, it seems like a rip off of twilight thats been stretched out and bits added but same theme.... ie the 'non-human blood vampire' in love with the human etc. Only watched first few episodes though, so it could get better i guess. Stefan is hot though! :lol:

Don't forget Blood lines, by Tanya Huff. Her vampire books are amazing, the t.v. series was pretty good to but the books are way better.
For a completly different slant on things, you want
Every witch way but dead. by Kim Harrison
And if it's werewolves then it's got to be Kelley Armstrong.
All of these are, dark, but funny and real, keep turning the pages, oh my god is that the dawn breaking, kinds of books.
Told you I don't get out much:lol:

Posted via Mobile Device i absolutly love twilight i fell in love with edward i am team edward all the way thought the first film was better than new moon coz edward wasnt in it much

Team edward all the way x

I couldn't get into vampire diaries, it seems like a rip off of twilight thats been stretched out and bits added but same theme.... ie the 'non-human blood vampire' in love with the human etc. Only watched first few episodes though, so it could get better i guess. Stefan is hot though! :lol:

Babe it can't be a rip off of Twilight when it was written first (1991)

So I watched New Moon and I liked it. I thought that they managed to keep the essence of the book (which I feel that they failed to do with Twilight)

Jacob was HOT! omg.
I still feel that Bella should have been played by someone else.
Although I think Pattinson cast as Edward is ok... Pattinson doesn't seem to 'get' Edward well enough to do the character justice.

As in the first movie I thought that most of the other casting choices were perfect.... They couldn't have found anyone better to play Jacob - it was as though he was born for the role... Charlie - perfect... Jessica - brilliant.. Emmett - perfect... Carlisle - great...

It's a shame that Depp is too old to get away with playing a 17 year old - he would have been an amazing Edward

The rest of the Cullens... well they could have done better in my opinion.
But I have to keep reminding myself that this is not the book. So I have to watch it as though it is something completely new.

I sound like it hated it lol... I didn't! I really did like it.... but I LOVED the books.

I'm rambling (I'm tired) - have no idea what I have just written - hope it made sense!

Babe it can't be a rip off of Twilight when it was written first (1991)

So I watched New Moon and I liked it. I thought that they managed to keep the essence of the book (which I feel that they failed to do with Twilight)

Jacob was HOT! omg.
I still feel that Bella should have been played by someone else.
Although I think Pattinson cast as Edward is ok... Pattinson doesn't seem to 'get' Edward well enough to do the character justice.

As in the first movie I thought that most of the other casting choices were perfect.... They couldn't have found anyone better to play Jacob - it was as though he was born for the role... Charlie - perfect... Jessica - brilliant.. Emmett - perfect... Carlisle - great...

It's a shame that Depp is too old to get away with playing a 17 year old - he would have been an amazing Edward

The rest of the Cullens... well they could have done better in my opinion.
But I have to keep reminding myself that this is not the book. So I have to watch it as though it is something completely new.

I sound like it hated it lol... I didn't! I really did like it.... but I LOVED the books.

I'm rambling (I'm tired) - have no idea what I have just written - hope it made sense!

Thats the problem with creating films from good books. Someone elses interpretation of it always seems poor compaired to what your own imagination has dreamed up!

But i agree, i wasnt impressed with the choices for Bella or Edward really. I didnt like the film charlie but did like Alice.

Cant wait to see the new film, i know it wont measure up to my expectations after reading the books, so much of the detail has to be lost, but i'm sure it will still be a good watch. :green:

I watched Twilight then read the rest of the books in the series so I already had the film characters in my head and then the books just accentuated them.

I love them, am waiting until Breaking Dawn is out in paperback though before buying the full set - as they will be re-read - and that's not something I do very often!

I enjoyed watching New Moon - obviously the film is never going to truly reflect the book - it would have to be 4 hours+ long to do that, but it was still really good.

Can't wait for Eclipse and Breaking Dawn in the cinema phwoar!!

Team Bella for me - I totally get how torn she is between the two!

Oh I am massive Twilight fan (team edward all the way hahaha), read all the books seen the two films though I wasnt that impressed with 1st film loved the second though ! Cant wait till Eclispe comes out.

Oh I am massive Twilight fan (team edward all the way hahaha), read all the books seen the two films though I wasnt that impressed with 1st film loved the second though ! Cant wait till Eclispe comes out.

Other way about for me. Loved the first film and was so excited to see the 2nd but was let down. Although, I hadn't read any of the books by that point. After readin the books and re-watching film 1 it annoyed me but I still love it.

Can't wait for Eclipse. :green:

Ah I've been waiting for a thread like this! I am a major 'Twihard'. Me and my sister were late starters in watching it as I don't really like 'vampire' films but OH MY GOD! Is it wrong that I love both Edward and Jacob more than my boyfriend?!

I've got all the books and both the films, I even have New Moon on blu-ray and regular DVD because I don't have a blu-ray player in the bedroom but couldn't resist Jacob in High-Def?!

Me and my sister hold a weekly 'Pizza and Robert Pattinson appreciation' night and we have a New Moon release party :)

Personally I'm team Bella, as in I AM in love with Edward, but totally get the whole Jacob thing. I think basically she would love Jacob and be with him if it wasn't for Edward who she has like a 'super human' love for...

Also, how good is this, if you go on the New Moon special features you can go on either Jacob or Edwards 'fast forward' which is just all the bits of the film that have either of them in. Such a time saver ;)

Can't wait for Eclipse, woo hoo!

Latest posts

Back