Waxing Toes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBR

Reaction score
Help me ladies! I never had the need to wax many toes but lately all my clients are needing this, but I've been having a right problem. The wax doesn't come off the toes.

Can you let me know what technique you use for doing this please and hopefully this will be a big help to me.

The way I do it is, foot flat on couch and one toe at a time, but the wax just sticks!:rolleyes:

When using warm / strip wax, try to start with your clients feet - whilst they are still warm. Or try to warm their feet before you wax them.

If you also use hard/hot wax in your salon, try it for feet and toes - I find it works much better, as it doesn't make a difference to the wax if the feet are cold.

HI Yvonne,
As the feet are usually colder than the rest of the body, they tend to cool the wax quicker too. I sometimes use a little oil wiped on and off the toes first and then do them one at a time while the wax is still warm.
HTHs

When I do toes I usually apply the warm wax when applying to the leg and wax the top of the foot and across all the toes in one scraping action.

I get a strip and press into each toe while supporting the foot and flip off away... the hair grows in all directions so it doesn't really matter which way you pull, and just dab the strip back over until the hairs are gone. If very stubborn I use the none strip wax and peel that off. And for any strays after that I tweeze the beggers out. I then apply oil to all the toes and massage in then use a clean strip to wipe the toes to get any residue wax off, making sure you go down the sides of the toes to avoid the stickiness.

HTH

When I do toes I usually apply the warm wax when applying to the leg and wax the top of the foot and across all the toes in one scraping action.

I get a strip and press into each toe while supporting the foot and flip off away... the hair grows in all directions so it doesn't really matter which way you pull, and just dab the strip back over until the hairs are gone. If very stubborn I use the none strip wax and peel that off. And for any strays after that I tweeze the beggers out. I then apply oil to all the toes and massage in then use a clean strip to wipe the toes to get any residue wax off, making sure you go down the sides of the toes to avoid the stickiness.

HTH

Don't let Lori hear you say that Jen! :lol:

Don't let Lori hear you say that Jen! :lol:

Oh well I am proud to have a pair of trusty tweezers... I do as much as I can without them.. but when I need them .. I use them lol!!!

Shhhh!!! :lol:

I use the small strips I make for eyebrows and use a thin scraping of wax, pressing on quite hard. If the wax sticks I press the strip down again quite hard with my thumb and rip off quickly again. It is a tricky process and I must admit the wax does tend to stick in this area.

DITTO WITH THE ABOVE!

I Have just done some toes, actually they were easy BUT they can normally be pesky little blighters.

Thin layer of wax, small strip.....one or two flicks with the strip should do it.

I apply a thin layer of strip wax over each toe and place the strip over each toe and really rub over the top with my thumb. I then pull the strip off straight up towards the ceiling and voila! .......all gone.

Hiya

Ditto to all that has been said here :) but what I also do is bend the toe gently towards the bottom of the foot to stretch it, then it seems to come off a lot easier. :green:

xx

I use my trusty none strip wax for toe hair removale, it is great whilst doing a pedicure. Because u can do all your ped treatment, then before you massage apply the wax, remove with out the need for strips and then carry on with massage and polish. I have started to incoperate this into my pedicure treatments as it just finishes the whole look. If you prefer using strip wax, cut your strips a little smaller, Ie little bit bigger than the once you use for waxing eyebrows, apply your oil (remembering less is more) Then your wax, press firmly and support and remove in your usual method. Would not lift off in an upwards direction unless u want beautifull toes nicely pedicured with bruises lol:lol:.
Good look hunxxx

I use my trusty none strip wax for toe hair removale, it is great whilst doing a pedicure. Because u can do all your ped treatment, then before you massage apply the wax, remove with out the need for strips and then carry on with massage and polish. I have started to incoperate this into my pedicure treatments as it just finishes the whole look. If you prefer using strip wax, cut your strips a little smaller, Ie little bit bigger than the once you use for waxing eyebrows, apply your oil (remembering less is more) Then your wax, press firmly and support and remove in your usual method. Would not lift off in an upwards direction unless u want beautifull toes nicely pedicured with bruises lol:lol:.
Good look hunxxx

Just be carefull what you are rubbing into the feet after you've waxed them as the pores are open after waxing!!! Personally Jasmine oil or after wax is the only thing i would put near my clients after waxing.

The last thing you want is your clients getting problems after your treatment! I would seriously rethink this treatment! It's either a toe wax or a pedicure but not both for me!

The last thing you want is your clients getting problems after your treatment! I would seriously rethink this treatment! It's either a toe wax or a pedicure but not both for me!

Sorry hun, i have to disagree with this one, in the context that yes u need to be carefull what products u apply after being waxed, but there is no reason why this can not be included in a ped treatment, just needs to be carried out toward the end. I use jessica products and always wax my ladies toes and feet before applying custom polish. My ladies love it and feel as though they are getting extra for there money:). Plus it just gives that better look.

They often book in for other things to be waxed as well after i have done there toes as they have then had a small insight into my waxing. Which is good all round:)

Sorry hun, i have to disagree with this one, in the context that yes u need to be carefull what products u apply after being waxed, but there is no reason why this can not be included in a ped treatment, just needs to be carried out toward the end. I use jessica products and always wax my ladies toes and feet before applying custom polish. My ladies love it and feel as though they are getting extra for there money:). Plus it just gives that better look.

They often book in for other things to be waxed as well after i have done there toes as they have then had a small insight into my waxing. Which is good all round:)

Fair enough if you are only painting toes after the wax but your previous post saying you did the massage after the wax so i presume you are going to be using a massaging product when doing this which would not be made for post waxing & could cause a reaction.

It's your choice i was just giving my opinion

Fair enough if you are only painting toes after the wax but your previous post saying you did the massage after the wax so i presume you are going to be using a massaging product when doing this which would not be made for post waxing & could cause a reaction.

Ah , but that is were u are wrong hun, yes i carry out a massage and yes i use massage creams , but the products i use are fine for after wax treatment, some are some arnt, for example i would not go using a citrus massage cream on the feet after waxing. U could for example sake simply use your after wax lotion for your massage befor applying the polish to soothe the toes. As long as u have a good awareness of product knowledge, contraindication, what can cause after effects and what can't, then u are laughin hun . So as long as u are carefull peds and waxing toes are fab to do. If you are worried about the products u use then just apply your wax, before u use your polish. Still it can be incoperated into a great pedicure:)x

Last edited:
Ah , but that is were u are wrong hun, yes i carry out a massage and yes i use massage creams , but the products i use are fine for after wax treatment. As long as u have a good awareness of product knowledge, contraindication, what can cause after effects and what can't, then u are laughin hun . So as long as u are carefull peds and waxing toes are fab to do. If you are worried about the products u use then just apply your wax, before u use your polish. Still it can be incoperated into a great pedicure:)x

Like i said it's your salon your choice! I personally will stick to only using waxing lotions after waxing. Why not use your jasmine oil for massage? x

Last edited:
Amber you've made me laugh!

Debate over i'm binning my wax pot and buying a koala file :lol:

Amber you've made me laugh!

Debate over i'm binning my wax pot and buying a koala file :lol:

Just had a chuckle myself reading that again:green:

To remove hair from toes, I always use the eyebrow wax strips with a thin layer of wax.

I dont tweeze hairs on toes, its really really painful!

Latest posts

Back