Waxing, who hates it or loves it.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
River said:
I do sugaring as well and love it !

I also use it for underarm and bikini areas with no problem. I had a hard-wax underarm and brazilian done a couple of weeks ago and it was the most painful experience of my life ! I've had these done before with honey wax / strip sugar and it has never hurt like that.

So in my personal opinion, I would stay away from hard-wax and either use strip or sugar paste.

River

It isn't really the type of product being used as much as the technicians skill and technique.

huberella said:
It isn't really the type of product being used as much as the technicians skill and technique.

I totally agree with your statement, however, I felt that with the hard-wax it REALLY stuck to the skin and was causing additional pain and discomfort.

With sugaring you don't get that.

River

rjryan said:
Do you have a mobile table??

Hi,

Yes, I have a portable couch, but don't be fooled. The damn thing is heavy (15kg) and clumbersome to carry.

Having said that though, I wouldn't be without one as it looks more professional and is just the right height etc. to perform all your treatments. No having to figure out how and where you will be performing the treatment and then walking like a 80 year old for days afterwards as your back is killing you from working in an awkward position.

I also have a portable trolley that folds down that I use for both my sugaring and mani / pedi treatments. I place all my bits and bobs on it and that way have everthing to hand that I need without having to rummage through my box trying to find everything.

River

River said:
I totally agree with your statement, however, I felt that with the hard-wax it REALLY stuck to the skin and was causing additional pain and discomfort.

River

Hi River,

I completely agree about the sugaring, but I have found that using a tiny smear of oil under hard wax prevents it from sticking to the skin. Also, the newer "flexible" hard waxes contain plasticides, which prevents them from becoming rock solid and brittle as they cool, and also makes them easier to remove.

I do find these "new generation" hard waxes are more gentle than their traditional counterparts, but will admit to being hooked on my new friend the sugar ball!

Andy :)

River said:

River

If the skin is prepped with oil first, hard wax should not adhere to the skin. If you miss that step, then yes, it really sticks to the skin and is painful to remove.

Hi there

I do a lot of waxing, and I mean a lot. Eyebrows, bikinis, legs etc I am forever waxing. Especially in summer. I don't really enjoy it as a treatment personally. I think it is because I do a lot of it and would rather do nice things like man/ped. etc. However, on the + side I have to say all clients look and feel better once they've had it done and that is a good feeling.

It's a good thing to get into, but it can take time to get efficient. All you need is practice, like anything new.

The other good thing about waxing is you can re-book the client before they go, esp, eyebrows as I have lots of clients who have it done every 4 weeks. it may only be a small amount of money, but it does help if you have a lot of people wanting it done regularly.

I hope this helps xxx

I have started waxing, but I do find it messy now I'm working
mobile. As the post above says it is good for re booking clients so it can have it's bonus points. :)

i actually like waxing - but since doing my brazillian waxing course i prefer to do that - the effects are better lol (i end up making the ouch sounds for the client - but they dont hear me- and if there are any ingrown hairs - i could sit for hours pulling those little suckers (not that im a perv you understand)

huberella said:
If the skin is prepped with oil first, hard wax should not adhere to the skin. If you miss that step, then yes, it really sticks to the skin and is painful to remove.

Mmmm ...... she never did that which could explain one or two things :Scared:

River

i think waxing is an excellent way to boost your income,when i first started waxing i found it really difficult to get the wax spread properly,i would do it too thick which hurts and is messy,or i would rip the strip off rather than flick it!but it doesnt take long and everybody loves waxing!!! and its nearly summer so everyone is getting ready to de-fuzz,go for it x

StarStar said:
I have started waxing, but I do find it messy now I'm working
mobile. As the post above says it is good for re booking clients so it can have it's bonus points. :)
its nice to hear of a mobile therapist! any tips for going mobile?im about to start up on my own as a mobile therapist and would appreciate any tips thanks x

michelle taylor said:
i think waxing is an excellent way to boost your income,when i first started waxing i found it really difficult to get the wax spread properly,i would do it too thick which hurts and is messy,or i would rip the strip off rather than flick it!but it doesnt take long and everybody loves waxing!!! and its nearly summer so everyone is getting ready to de-fuzz,go for it x
I love waxing too especially eyebrows lol - its like giving someone a non surgical eye lift if they are an eyebrow wax virgin!!! lol xxx

michelle taylor said:
its nice to hear of a mobile therapist! any tips for going mobile?im about to start up on my own as a mobile therapist and would appreciate any tips thanks x
Look on the australian bodycare website.
They have a no spatula waxing system which doesn't spill everywhere and comes with an in car adaptor.
Super quality wax aswell!:hug:

i did my first waxing session today and I love it, not sure if its just beginner excitement but compared to indian head massage and swedish body massage, I would say waxing beats them hands down... funnily enough my last job involved working with wax but for aeroplane blades and I didnt enjoy that like I do human waxing, theres something thrilling about getting to see how much hair you get off lol x:confused:

I detest waxing with a passion - I've just got a real block on it. Don't enjoy doing it, hate feeling hot, hate the time it takes, hate feeling like I'm hurting the client (even though I know it's "meant" to).....:eek:

i hate doing waxing, stupid to say but i feel like im hurting someone doing it ha! dont mind doing it on one the girls at work/boss/friend but not 100% comfortable doing it to a client

I quite like it:)

love it love it love it....the more i do the more i love it !!

Wonder if that's 'normal' or 'odd':green:

oh my god how OLD is this thread!!!

Lol.....Ive started checking dates on threads now.......

But.....im loving the waxing.....waiting for Kim to go Midland......x

Latest posts

Back