Wedding dress!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tip Toes

Reaction score
Hi i'me getting married on my 40th birthday in August (all very last minute) :eek:
My problem is i have seen a dress and as it's my 2nd marriage and I will be 40! I didn't really think a wedding dress was right. So anyway i have seen this dress but certain people have said "U can't wear that!". Now i'me confused wil i regret it if i don't do the whole "Wedding" thing.
What do you think?

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii238/HugoBoss_2008/20081031_021010810085.jpg

I think it is lovely....and if you love it, and look good in it then go for it!!!

I remarried when I was 39, had 6 weeks from proposal to wedding day (moved house during that time too)...and wore a lovely outfit which was a long dress coat and TROUSERS...shock horror!!! :eek:

A Happy Day....and a very happy marriage ;)

Congratulations and best wishes to you and your intended:hug:

Its your wedding that you will want to remember, if others have reservations then that is their problem, you do what you want, you will look stunning in that dress.

Big Congratulations.

Claire x

The dress is beautiful and just right I would say

Good Luck for your big day xx

It's a beautiful dress and I am sure you will look amazing in it. It's your day and you wear what you want, not what other's expect or want you to wear.
I am getting married in August and wearing a beautuful red wine dress.
Congratulations, stick to your guns and have a wonderful day hun...:hug:

Last edited:
Wow, that dress is stunning, as has already been said its your day, you are the bride, if you wanted to wear a bean bag and flip flops then its your choice (not that you should wear a bean bag n flip flops:eek:, it was just a metaphor :lol:) Congratulations on getting married hun, loads of hugs to you. Jo.Xx:hug:

It's a beautiful dress and I am sure you will look amazing in it. It's your day and you wear what you want, not what other's expect or want you to wearyou to wear.
I am getting married in August and wearing a beautuful red wine dress.
Congratulations, stick to your guns and have a wonderful day hun...:hug:

Who cares how old you'll be, you're marrying the man you love and want to spend your life with, age has no relevance on the day and neither does anyone's opinion on your dress :hug:

I'm 40 and I'd happily wear that dress on my wedding day, or any day given an excuse and it's beautiful :Love:

Buy it, wear it, feel beautiful, and have a wonderful day :hug:

PS - it would be a great dress for the Dress A Nail Comp LOL

Hi!
I say go for it!
I got married in a black(!) weddingdress and my bridesmaid (who was the only person besides my mother that knew it was black) was horrified!
I still get compliments for that dress and my father-in- law who is a hard nut to crack kept talking about it for a year after, saying I was the most handsome bride he´s ever seen!
Congratulations!

Why didnt you think a wedding dress was right???

You are getting married....its a wedding day, it dosent matter how old you are...

You need to feel a million dollars....

Its your day .....You wear what you want to wear, that dress is stunning but if you want to wear a wedding dress then you must get one...

Whatever you do, dont regret not looking how you wanted to...

Congrats on your day, it will be fantastic! xx

PS - it would be a great dress for the Dress A Nail Comp LOL

Yes thats another thing NAILS!!!! Lol
Any ideas 4 the day?
Anybody! :)

Wow that derss is fab.
Go for it.
Take no notice of what anyone else thinks , it is your day, you are a princess for the day.
If you feel good in it now, just think how fantastic you will feel in it on the day with all the trimmings , nails, hair and your lovely man.
Stuff what anyone else thinks, most brides keep the dress a secret, so tell no one what you are wearing now, stun them on the day.
We want to see piccys of you big day.
Congratulations and be happy.
Lotsa luv x :hug: :hug: x

I honestly think its absolutly beautiful and stunning and I think people should be respectful and keep their opinions to themselves about something as personal as "YOUR" wedding and dress. Its really nothing to do with them and they should not be so vocal but just wishing you and your very lucky husband to be all the very best.

I sometimes wonder if its jealousy that makes people say such thoughless things and would they like it someone said it to them - "If you can't say nothing nice, then don't say nothing at all":smack:.

I hope you have a wonderful day in your gorgeous dress and I wish you both a very happy marriage. :hug:xxx

Last edited:
Stunning dress..

I think you will regret if you dont have the wedding YOU want!
have a blessed marriage! x

Hi i'me getting married on my 40th birthday in August (all very last minute) :eek:
My problem is i have seen a dress and as it's my 2nd marriage and I will be 40! I didn't really think a wedding dress was right. So anyway i have seen this dress but certain people have said "U can't wear that!". Now i'me confused wil i regret it if i don't do the whole "Wedding" thing.
What do you think?

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii238/HugoBoss_2008/20081031_021010810085.jpg

Hi

I think it's stunning and I would definitely wear it to get married in!:hug:

Hi

I think it's stunning and I would definitely wear it to get married in!:hug:

Me too. I'd wear that any day! It's YOUR day so wear what YOU want. Stuff what anybody else says. :hug:

Thank you all for your lovely comments :hug:
Just need to loose the weight now I have lost 15lb in 5 weeks. Giving myself till end of may then i'm getting the dress :)

Yes thats another thing NAILS!!!! Lol
Any ideas 4 the day?
Anybody! :)

I saw a lady who was in her 40's and had just got married, she had lovely nails for the day, can't fully remember them but I think they were french with subtle art on each nail (like a bit of glitter or summat?) and on her wedding finger she had a lovely design but only on that finger because it was for the ring, I remember thinking it was a lovely idea....

~Anyway that dress is lovely, and who gives a hoot if anyone thinks it's not apropriate?!

Congratulations! x

I think the dress is....lovely..!!!

You go and get yourself......that dress hun......and WOW them all on the day!!!

xxxx

As all the others have said, go for it!! It's your wedding not theirs. How would they feel if you told them not to wear certain clothes!

You will look stunning in the dress. As for nails, what about long almonds, extended nail beds with black on the free edge and white closer to the smile line. I'm sure I've seen these in the gallery or on someone's album. Anybody recall?

Have a wonderful wedding and a happy marriage! xx

I think it's beautiful...wear whatever you want it's YOUR wedding xxxx

Latest posts

Back