Weight Loss Challenge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolly6410

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I need to loose 1 and half stone by 1st august because i'm having an operation, i used to be 9stone and i'm back up to 12stone now! non of my clothes fit and i have LOADS of clothes, i feel like a beast. aslong as i'm 10st 7 by 1st august i don't care. anyone having trouble shifting the pounds? i used to find weight loss soooo easy, but i'm (only) 22 and i'm struggling, its not fair! if i go back to weight watchers i'm going to loose my gold membership and i plain refuse to pay again haha. i need to start doing more exercise but i'm in a lazy mood at the moment and i havent been too well, but i just want to stop scoffing in the evenings, i don't think britians got talents helping, thank god thats finishing tonight. anyone want to join my weight loss challenge and set a goal? talk tatics and give tips? i'm desprete here :D

Hiya :hug:

I sooo feel your pain!!!! It sucks doesn't it?!!!

I also know how you feel about not wanting to loose your gold WW membership....When I was back at secondary school I went to slimming world because...well...I was a porker! I did so well, but then my hips developed, I left college, I passed my driving test and all of a sudden I started driving to my part time job (5mins walk away!!!!) and that was the end of my slimmer figure! :cry:

I have no idea how much I weigh now but when I had an op in April I was around the 71kg mark which is around 11 stone I think?! My top size ranges from an 8-12 and my trouser size 12-14 and I refuse to buy any bigger than a size 14 jean.

I look in the mirror and an I see is a fat blob lol, and I so agree that BGT every night is not helping as I find the snacks come out and I don't have the will power to stop myself! :mad:

Just like you, I am a right lazy cow. I keep telling myself 'right lets go for a jog' but then when I get home I cant be bothered or I have a client or I make the mistake of sitting on the sofa!

I am up for setting goals, sharing healthy recipe ideas, motivation techniques etc ANYTHING to get this weight shifted.

We CAN do this together :) xx

wooohooo!!! i was worried no one would reply and i'd be like hmmm take it i'm the only chubby geek! lol. I love the word porker! it makes me giggle. I'm a size 12 on bottom and 8-10 on top, all my trousers are a size 8 so i'm currently in my sisters trousers which i actually managed to pop the button off of them from trying to squeeze it round my flab! Ever since i watched that arty lad on britains got talent i've been obsessed with marmite on toast with loads of butter! I can't actually fit into my uniform at the moment so i've resorted to wearing my pineapple dance trousers because they are stretchy, i've only admited that to one of my clients and whenever i get to her house she looks down and goes 'still in the joggers?' haha. I def started putting on weight when i was at college, one because thats when i learnt to drive so i didnt have to walk 20mins to the bus stop every day, and two they had a cafe with amazing food and i used to just spend all my tips from clients in there. well my goal is to get down to 11stone by 1st july, i know thats alot but i'm thinking the first few weeks i always loose quite alot, and if i pump up the exercise itll drop off, i've got a running machine and stepper downstairs so i have no excuse x

I'm in. I'm desperately trying to lose some weight and I'm not getting anywhere. My problem is the only exercise I like is pilates, particularly in the hotter weather. I'll suffer the treadmill at home but it's so boring.

I seriously need to loose weight I think about it constantly every day! I done slimming world about a year n half ago an lost a stone an a half an then stopped coz was strapped for cash at the time.
Iam now heavier than wen I started slimming world only by a few pounds but still!
I only realize how big iam wen I see pictures taken of me an I look at them I feel so ashamed, iam sure my mirror is telling me porky pies!
Iam a size 14 on top an mostly 16 on the bottom an I have bought at one point a size 18 I never want to do that again. ; (
Iam so conscious about my body always wear black never bright colours or white! A pain in the summer.
I will be up for giving the tips I already no.
I have got at least 3 stone to loose for my height!
Xx

hi there, know how you feel as i have been size 12-22 and done every diet out there, best thing i ever did was read the paul mckenna i can make you thin book, i am now a happy and constant 12, also eat cake every day, good luck with the weight loss

Meeeeee I'm 6"1 and I'm size 12-14 bottom 10-12 top just want to eat healthier be more active lmao and lose a bit of wieght haven't dieted or exercised before where do I start????xxx

i was kind of thinking monday but monday morning diets never work!!! so tomorrow!!! get scoffing all your cravings tonight because we are starting tomorrow!

SJK i have never tried pilates but i always do this, i never loose my christmas weight in time n then it gets hot n sunny n i have to try n exercise in it :| i hate exercising when its hot!

well done honeybeartalons for getting back to a size 12, sadly i have been a size 6 and a size 20! i think i looked like abit of a bobble head doll when i was a size 6 though, i'm 5'9 so yeh was abit ridiculous to get that low in weight.

EmmaJB i am the same as you, i look in the mirror in the morning and i'm like ooo yeh looking HAWT today!! and then i'll see a picture of me and be like wtf... how did that happen?! someone attached a fat lense to the camera used!!! lol

I would actually love to be fit enough to run the race for life in july, i can not run to save my life though, if i was in a horror film id be the first to die!

I'm in girly.

I have mostly bn in between a 10-12 bottom apart from when I was 18yrs old I ended up a 14 and was horrified when I seen pictures so I soon got to a comfy size 12 again but recently I'm feeling my 12s are to tight I refuse to buy any clothes until they fit me properly again. I joined a 24 hr gym so have no excuse not to exercise but still rarely go.

But I'm in let's start tomorrow and egg one another on :)

Pizza and eaten out is my down fall!!!

Gd luck girls xxxx

I'm in girly.

I have mostly bn in between a 10-12 bottom apart from when I was 18yrs old I ended up a 14 and was horrified when I seen pictures so I soon got to a comfy size 12 again but recently I'm feeling my 12s are to tight I refuse to buy any clothes until they fit me properly again. I joined a 24 hr gym so have no excuse not to exercise but still rarely go.

But I'm in let's start tomorrow and egg one another on :)

Pizza and eaten out is my down fall!!!

Gd luck girls xxxx

thats the worst feeling when your clothes start getting tight, and it comes out of no where! i bought some running trainers today so i'm going to start going out around my village running/ most likely power walking! i'm excited!

I'm in too . Just rejoined weight watchers . Lost 3.5 stone before on them now weigh heavier than I ever been apart from when preggers , lost alot last year for my wedding and it just keeps sneaking back on - no need to worry now;) but I refuse to buy any clothes the next size up(18) so am on a mission .

I'm in too . Just rejoined weight watchers . Lost 3.5 stone before on them now weigh heavier than I ever been apart from when preggers , lost alot last year for my wedding and it just keeps sneaking back on - no need to worry now;) but I refuse to buy any clothes the next size up(18) so am on a mission .

well done for loosing it before, i always think... i've done it once i can do it again!!! i keep a fat picture of me and a skinny picture of me on the fridge lol thats enoguh to put me off food

Hey everyone! I need to loose 1 and half stone by 1st august because i'm having an operation, i used to be 9stone and i'm back up to 12stone now! non of my clothes fit and i have LOADS of clothes, i feel like a beast. aslong as i'm 10st 7 by 1st august i don't care. anyone having trouble shifting the pounds? i used to find weight loss soooo easy, but i'm (only) 22 and i'm struggling, its not fair! if i go back to weight watchers i'm going to loose my gold membership and i plain refuse to pay again haha. i need to start doing more exercise but i'm in a lazy mood at the moment and i havent been too well, but i just want to stop scoffing in the evenings, i don't think britians got talents helping, thank god thats finishing tonight. anyone want to join my weight loss challenge and set a goal? talk tatics and give tips? i'm desprete here :D

Oh don't remind me... As today I jumped on my mums weight scale and GOSH 74kg ... I'm so not happy ... To be honest iv always been a size 10 petite chubby girl, but now at 26 with 2 kids.. It's been hell
In 2009 I did the pharmacy diet called LIPOTRIM.. in which you put your body into ketosis (which some say isn't good) anyway i did it for about 4 weeks ... In which I didn't swallow jack all... Only water and 3 supplement shakes.. I totally cut off any form of calorie intake... Abs the result ::
From 94kg.
To 68 kg.... I kno but I got back in a size 12 which I was happy abt...
It helped in beating by bad habit eating and the addiction to coke... Which iv given up on now..yippee!!

But LIPOTRIM is costly.. And iv put on the weight again,
So now I'm thinking of going for the
7lbs in 7 days challenge
So tomorrow I'm gonna buy a juicer and get juicing...

Sorry for such a long post...

AND IM IN TOO...

Well i have just had a bbq as i brought the food before my first comment here :(

Food was nice...but healthy eating begins tomorrow, i also baked a chocolate cake today, my partner will have to polish it off lol! X

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

I'm in too :sad:

I had a baby 3 months ago now and i've not lost so much as a pound since the day I took him home from the hospital, and I breastfeed- they said breastfeeding makes you lose weight.... :confused:

I'm currently between sizes, too big for a 10, too small for a 12. I have lots of lovely summer clothes yet none fit so today I decided I was going to try the atkins d**t ... but I'm struggling already less then 24 hrs in! I've never been on a d**t before...I think I'm going to struggle!

oh ! im in too, i hurt my back 4mths ago and havent done any exercise since, clothes are starting to feel tight now, uh oh ! but then i did kind of fill any spare time i had with baking cakes, i will have to cut the cakes for a start, it didnt matter before because i was so active (i cant drive) so i always walked everywhere, i havent been doing so much of that lately so im just not burning what i eat, but ive been cooking more, so what i eat sticks now.

i cant go by weight though i'll have to go by something else because according to my scales ive lost weight but according to my clothes ive definately put weight on and when i look in the mirror ive put weight on, i mean where did those hips come from ?

Find a Zumba class. My daughter teaches them and I can't believe how her shape has changed. It's challenging in the begining learning all the steps, when she was learning I thought the dvd along with the dvd machine was going to get launched more then once:biggrin: but in 6 weeks she lost 4 inches of her hips, 6 inches of her waist and 3 inchs of each thigh.
Her classes are always packed and the peeps are on a real high when they come out of the class.
If you are too shy to join a class, then get the dvd and do it at home.
If you can be really strict then try the cambridge diet. It really does work and it's fast, you'll loose at least 5lb every week. But you'll need something to tone up with weight loss that quick it can leave you looking a bit saggy:Scared:
But it's not cheep, it's about £45 a week for all the meal replacement stuff.
I lost 5 stone on it a few years ago and part of it is re education for healthy eating, so unless something drastic happens you will keep the weight off.

Find a Zumba class. My daughter teaches them and I can't believe how her shape has changed. It's challenging in the begining learning all the steps, when she was learning I thought the dvd along with the dvd machine was going to get launched more then once:biggrin: but in 6 weeks she lost 4 inches of her hips, 6 inches of her waist and 3 inchs of each thigh.
Her classes are always packed and the peeps are on a real high when they come out of the class.
If you are too shy to join a class, then get the dvd and do it at home.
If you can be really strict then try the cambridge diet. It really does work and it's fast, you'll loose at least 5lb every week. But you'll need something to tone up with weight loss that quick it can leave you looking a bit saggy:Scared:
But it's not cheep, it's about £45 a week for all the meal replacement stuff.
I lost 5 stone on it a few years ago and part of it is re education for healthy eating, so unless something drastic happens you will keep the weight off.

Being overweight is so depressing and the only way that I lost lots was to concentrate on exercise rather than on what I eat. I have an exercise bike in my room and I get up an hour earlier in the morning, put on the radio and cycle for an hour. While I am doing that I like weights to tone my upper body. Yes it is a pain in the backside and yes I often feel like not doing it but it is this that got me from a size 20 to a 14.

With regard to food. I cut right down on anything with with carbs and sugar in, so it is mainly high protein with lots of fruit and veg. I am not anal about this, tho. If I fancy a bar of chocolate, a bacon sandwich or an icecream I will have it, but generally I stick within the rules.

I think if you do most of the above, you should be losing at least a couple of pounds a week. its no quick fix I know but you will be much more toned looking as well as skinnier. I see women who just lose weight but are not toned and its not pretty. Also regular exercise keeps the weight off, so if you do pig out on those "certain days of the month" where you crave chocolate, you are not going to turn into a porker.:biggrin:

Good luck xx

i find that time of month thr hardest! i'll just be getting into my diet and BAM it hits! and i'm stood infront of the fridge just picking and scoffin! I really want to get into zumba because i know alot of people who have got into it and really toned up.

I know someone who did the cambridge diet and CHRIST she is tiny now! i did atkins when i was about 18 and it is possibly the worst diet iv ever done, i lost about 9pounds in the first week, but i felt so ill, constipated for days, headaches and you feel like a big fat sweaty pig lol.

I need to ditch my coke zero habit, i'm actually drinking 6 cans a day :Scared: hahaha my dentist has banned me from drinking it but i cant help it! i'm fully addicted!

Anyway, first day of diet today, going to chop up some fruit and natrual yogurt for breakfast, and then i'm at my part time job till 5 and i'm not taking any money with me as theres a greggs, maccy d AND subway, going to take a healthy salad with me, and then have salad and chicken when i get home... will i succeed? prob not lol i will try though. good luck ladies!!!!!! :Love:

Latest posts

Back