Weight Loss Challenge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dolly try not to have too much salad as you will get bored of it. Your having salad for lunch an salad for your tea. Why not have a jacket spud with a bit of salad an baked beans or tuna mayo ( low fat ) eat in-between meals little an often. Pieces of fruit carrot sticks celery sticks.
I haven't started my diet yet but I will do after my holiday. No point in starting now wen I go in two wks x

I'm in!! I just booked my 30th birthday party for October and desperately want to lose 2 stone by then :) I'm on slimming world and getting a steady loss ( my mum has lost 4 stone in 7 mths on the plan) wow!!
I've always been a size 10, until a few years ago when I had my little girl and suffered a liver condition, and was put on steroids :(
I'm not huge by any means an get frustrated at ppl telling me I look fine, but I don't feel like me! I am 5 ft 6 and currently a size 14/16 i don't want to be as thin as I used to be cos I'm fully aware that I'm no longer 18 but would love to be a 12 again, anyway loving this thread for tips and support :) x x x x

I'm soo in i'm 11,5stone and was ment 2 lose 2stone bt my 25th in July I tried 2 start in January but have been yoyo-ing for the full 6months. Think av only lost 2lbs. How much would you say would b an acheivable amount 2lose in 4weeks?what dies everyone think of diet supplements and pills? I drink green tea that's supposed 2 be good for diets.
X

Right, I'm in too. I used to be a size 8 and I loved shopping for clothes cos I could just pick up anything and know it would fit. Problem was, my boyfriend at the time was a fitness instructor and a complete bully. He bought me slimming tablets for Christmas and one time he said a top I was wearing made me look pregnant. So I ended up showing him all the clothes in my wardrobe one by one and if he didn't like them I threw them out!!!

Anyway, that was a few years ago and now I'm with a guy that makes me really happy, buy I've put on about 3 stone. :( I look and feel disgusting and none of my clothes fit me. I use to take such pride in how I looked but now I can barely look in the mirror and my wardrobe of choice is jogging bottoms and my boyf's black t shirts. I joined slimming world before Easter but I've only managed to lose 6 pounds, taking me down to 10 stone 9. I want to be about 8 or 8 and a half stone.

According to my BMI the weight I'm at makes me verging on the obese side of things. This just crushes me. I never thought I'd ever be obese. I just have such a sweet tooth and zero willpower. Especially when I'm running between clients in the salon. U just pick up the biccies as they are the closest thing to hand! And in the evening I just have to be snacking on something.
So geeks, let's do this together. We CAN do it. We can all support each other. Good luck everyone!!

Unfortunately, it's true, to loose weight you have to have fewer cals going in then you are burning up.
To look good as well as slim you have to do something to work the muscles.
Not just for a few weeks, for the rest of your life.
Time of the month; Don't have the stuff in the house. It's amazing what you can find when the sweet tooth hits.
So only have the sort of stuff in that takes more cals to eat and digest then they contain. Oranges are good ones. Sweet, juicy and take a lot of digesting. They really kill the sugar crave, they are good when you're trying to quit smoking too.
Exercise, find something YOU love, if you don't you wont stick at it.
Having talked to my daughter she's got a couple more besides the Zumba, Mel b work out and boxersize. All three are available at every gym in the country and in a lot of village halls too. Done properly they give fast, long lasting results.
Final one, get a personal trainer, they will do a program for you, food, drink exercise, the lot, they will also keep you focused when you are ready to give up.
Best two exercises to take up long term, swimming and running.
It's what our bodies are made to do.
Good luck ladies, I know you are all thinking of your dress size here but I'm from the other side of things, I have a couple of medical conditions that stop me from doing most physical things and I wish I'd thought about my long term health 10 years ago.
If I had, I'd be in a much better state now, I'd be in a lot less pain then I am now and I wouldn't need to take meds that long term are going to do even more damage to my body.
Get interested in what's going on inside your body now, then what's going on on the out side will continue to look good for far longer:hug:

so i did ok today, i ended up with a sandwich for lunch, and had chicken salad for tea. how did everyone whos takin part do???

I always get told i don't need to loose weight and i look good, but people don't understand non of my clothes fit and i'm living out my skanky ones!!!

Glitter&Glo I think if you really try hard and exercise you could easily loose 2-3pounds a week healthily, although in feb i lost a stone in 2 weeks because i was going to butlins with my skinny friends so i just ate meat and salad and exercised like a crazy woman! i've done atkins, soup diet, slimming world, weight watchers, no carbs, hoodia tablets, slimfast... haha u name it i've tried it, i liked weight watchers the best, i lost 5 stone on it but i've put on 2 of that

urgh crystaltash i know how you feel, my ex partner used to tell me id let myself go and i didnt make an effort anymore, when he first met me id always wear my tan and make up and do my hair and wear nice clothes, and then after a month aparently i started dressing like a slob and put on weight, for my birthday he bought me a katie price calender and wrote 'thinspiration' on it??? but then when i did diet he used to buy me cadbury creme eggs and say he prefered me chubby... wtf?! shoppings my fav thing and iv got into a bad habit of just buying an 8 and being like 'i'm loosing weight', i have 1 pair of trousers that fit me atm and bout 4 tops?

Susie thats great advice, except now i'm craving an orange and we dont have any in the house!!! lol i'm going to tesco tomorrow to buy some :D when i get into exercise i'm so good, and i do actually enjoy it, but its getting to that stage of being able to be bothered to get up and do it, i'm a morning exerciser not an evening one. I think i'm going to be really good now because i've been told by my surgeon to loose weight before my op in august, so its only me i'm letting down if i dont x

I'm in too, starting my diet on Monday after having my son, I am also doing moky which is a fab and fun way of working out x

Hiya!

Im glad you had a good day, keep up the good work.

second the clothes thing. My wardrobe is so old as i haven't brought any clothes as i don't feel they look nice enough to warren the pennies for them.

I haven't been too bad today but not exactly good. As we had a bbq yesterda we had some food left over that needed eating :( but, not my dinner i had Chinese pork stakes and salad :)
X

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

left over food is the worst! we had some people round for 'tea' and bought some cakes... there are 10 left! nice little gooey chocolate cakes, i havent had one and i'm not going to, if i do i know ill end up demolishing the lot. well done for your tea thou, i love a good salad! my biggest baddy was full fat hellmans mayo, i have it with everything and i hate the light stuff, but i have found tescos own light mayo and it has the same texture as hellmans full fat but alot less calories and fat! love it!!!

i've decided, starting tuesday i am not buying ANY clothes... and i'm going to save my money for new clothes for when i loose weight :D

I'm in too, starting my diet on Monday after having my son, I am also doing moky which is a fab and fun way of working out x

oooo whats that? sounds interesting...

what my mum bought me was a money box and every time i lose some weight id stick about £2 per pound i lost and also if i wanted to buy new clothes id put the money in there for when im slim and for my new wardrobe. im 21 and i have a 3 year old. before i had her i was really slim 8 stone 9 pounds even throughout my pregnancy i was slim but after i had her, because she was premature i was in the hospital with nothing to do but eat. and now i am around 11 stone 2 pounds !!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o iv given my self loads of deadlines about 6. no matter what i do i cant lose it, if im in diet mode i dont know what to eat so i get really hungry and start piggin out. now i would love to lose around 2 stone by end of august.hopefully this will be my final dead line!!!!1 i refuse to buy a size 14. so im popping out of my clothes :(

what my mum bought me was a money box and every time i lose some weight id stick about £2 per pound i lost and also if i wanted to buy new clothes id put the money in there for when im slim and for my new wardrobe. im 21 and i have a 3 year old. before i had her i was really slim 8 stone 9 pounds even throughout my pregnancy i was slim but after i had her, because she was premature i was in the hospital with nothing to do but eat. and now i am around 11 stone 2 pounds !!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o iv given my self loads of deadlines about 6. no matter what i do i cant lose it, if im in diet mode i dont know what to eat so i get really hungry and start piggin out. now i would love to lose around 2 stone by end of august.hopefully this will be my final dead line!!!!1 i refuse to buy a size 14. so im popping out of my clothes :(

i love that idea with the money box! i'm going to get one today :D i'm exactly the same as you, i just dont know what to eat and i end up not eating enough and getting hungry and bingein. if i'm in diet mode and i have something to loose it for thats really important to me i will put my head down and loose it, but otherwise i just dont bother, i'll try, i'll b good all through out the day but then evening comes and eastenders is on and out comes toast and chocolate.

Good luck to everyone that starts today! just remember the first 2 weeks is the hardest :D i think report back every monday with what we've lost? how does that sound to everyone? I'm starting at 11.13 and want to get down to 10st by 1st august

Try a 3 week challenge which is,
NO alcohol
NO sweets or chocolate
NO caffeine
NO Processed food
Everything else is ok in moderation and throw in some excersise
Simple really!
You will have much more energy and skin will look fab!

Well i am starting zumba this Wednesday and where i can i will be going twice a week (clients permitting!)

I am going to dig out ny scales tonight and start properly tomorrow as i need to go shopping to do my weekly shop so lots of healthy food will be thrown in the trolley :)

Also, that money box is a fab idea i am going to do that too and for every 1lb i loose £1 will go in :)

Will report back tomorrow with my starting weight! (oh god-that's if the scales don't break! Lol)

Good luck everyone :)

does no caffene include coke? lol i cant live without coke! i might cut it out july 1st :p

i really want to start zumba! i might find out when the classes are. I weighed this morning and lost 4pounds yesterday?! so i'm 11.10 today :D 1 stone 10 pounds to go! x

Also girls, remember not to weigh yourself every few days as you body fluid levels fluctuate so do it once a week. Tempting to have a sneaky peak i know ;)

Also, remember to wear light clothing earn weighing and to to it tithe same time of the day for every weigh...you are lighter first thing in the morning than you are jn the evening! :)
X

I'm in - in fact i've already started - 2 weeks in on the weightwatchers plan & have lost 6 pound so far! not loads i know but like the op I have also done every diet going & am also 5ft 9 but can only dream of being 9 1/2 stone :wink2: at the moment I'm 14 4 & my goal is to get to 13 by 1st August for my holiday then will reset another goal, at 41 every extra pound i carry now i feel in my back, my knees & feet so really need to shift these pounds for the last time get back into my clothes & feel good about myself.

Although i have to tell you even 6 pounds lost feels great so roll on next 18 pounds. :Love:

ps i did do cambridge lost 2 1/2 stone put it all back on! & I weigh myself twice a day (if not more :) ) major obsession lol x

I'm in - in fact i've already started - 2 weeks in on the weightwatchers plan & have lost 6 pound so far! not loads i know but like the op I have also done every diet going & am also 5ft 9 but can only dream of being 9 1/2 stone :wink2: at the moment I'm 14 4 & my goal is to get to 13 by 1st August for my holiday then will reset another goal, at 41 every extra pound i carry now i feel in my back, my knees & feet so really need to shift these pounds for the last time get back into my clothes & feel good about myself.

Although i have to tell you even 6 pounds lost feels great so roll on next 18 pounds. :Love:

ps i did do cambridge lost 2 1/2 stone put it all back on! & I weigh myself twice a day (if not more :) ) major obsession lol x

I always weigh in the nuddie because then i'm the lightest possible weight. i'm exactly like you, when i get into it i cant stop weighing, i'm going to try and weigh only twice a week, sometimes i sit watching eastenders and i'm like... i need to weigh!!!! 6 pounds is an amazing amount to loose! but your right, the next 18 pounds will feel so much better. i'd love to be 9 1/2 stone again, but i can only dream! lol i just want to b 10 and then i'll b happy :D how are you finding the new weight watchers plan? i swear theyve just given everyone more points and put the points of food up???

dont really remember old plan so this is all new to me - yes all good so far I like the fact that i can eat whatever i want so long as i track it & then includes the alcohol at the weekend :)

had special k, banana & weightwatchers bar for breakfast, chicken sandwich with walkers lite crisps for lunch so far - probably something with prawns later (13 points to go!)

I too weigh in the nuddie & have a wee first (tmi) - even take my pj's off to weigh as im convinced they must be at least a pound lol

dont really remember old plan so this is all new to me - yes all good so far I like the fact that i can eat whatever i want so long as i track it & then includes the alcohol at the weekend :)

had special k, banana & weightwatchers bar for breakfast, chicken sandwich with walkers lite crisps for lunch so far - probably something with prawns later (13 points to go!)

I too weigh in the nuddie & have a wee first (tmi) - even take my pj's off to weigh as im convinced they must be at least a pound lol

lol yeh i sit on the toilet thinking each drop counts! and i cant drink anything or eat anything before i weigh! when i go to weight watcher son a tuesday lunch time i dont eat anything before, i go for a wee just before i weigh, and i strip down to my leggings and strap top. Thats really good! i do like that you can eat quite alot on weightwatchers and they give you ideas of meals because otherwise i'm just like... nooo what can i eat?!

Latest posts

Back