What grinds your gears?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nails it wouldn't let me quote your post for some reason.

Ive just got to say your too funny! lol

I'm soo with you on the dressing kids like tramps, no need for it, this really gets my back up.

I get quite sad when I see a scruffy looking kid, my opinion is if you can't afford to dress your child in clean presentable clothes then you don't deserve to have them. it doesn't have to be expensive clothing, asda / tesco / next have gorgeous bits & don't cost the earth!

It's even worse when I see a neglected kid wearing holey shoes but the parent has a fag hanging out her gob!! why??

Someone we unfortunately happen to know dresses her 3yr old son in 1-2 yr clothing (from a charity shop) his jeans are half mass & his little t-shirts are strangulating him, his trainers are too big for his feet, I could honestly cry.. I want to kidnap him & take him shopping, yet his mum just peed off to Egypt for 10 days all inclusive holiday for her & her bloke.

Social services number anyone????????

Agree with most of your other points too.... especially the bum bag. Pmsl! we'd make great friends :D Xxx

That's awful, I completely agree. Kids clothes are so so cheap these days. My 2 wear a mixture of next,primark, tesco. They have there expensive coats and shoes but there are some beautiful cheap outfits out there and mine are well presented.

It breaks my heart seeing kids like that. A thread I posted last year I think, was about a house I went to and it was an utter pit, dog poo etc and 3 kids. I rang social services and they did nothing. The woman just said I bet your not going back round there again.

Some people don't deserve children!

Haha I need new friends mine are crap! Where do you live hahaha :) x x

I have another! ** RANT ALERT! **
I've just got back from the supermarket

1. Old people who have ALL day to go shopping, all decide to go at lunchtime when I have 30 minute lunchbreak.

2. People not putting the next customer bar up when they've put their shopping on the conveyer belt. It takes you 2 seconds people and it's POLITE.

3. People who hussle you, ie, they get really, really close to you. I can't put my shopping on the belt any quicker, and there's a person in front of me just WAIT!! You're not going to get out any quicker by pushing me out the way!! If you're keen to get close to me, you're welcome to pay for my shopping if you like!!

Tonight I had 2 of these things, and then the invaders of space, then got so close I felt uncomfortable putting my pin in he was stood so close he was touching me.... urrrrghgghgg! and the girlfriend had already gone ahead to start packing her shopping _ I thought she was going to nick my bottle of vodka.

Just give me space and let me pack. I deliberately started talking to the check out woman when I was finished and the cheeky cow tutted!!! I'm like HANG on love, I'm not finished, go and stand behind me and stop trying to hurry me along. I'm not going slowl as it is! I have no pleasure in being in a supermarket at 8pm on a Saturday night!!

I told someone off once for being so close they could see my pin number, I'm not bothered about people knowing my pin number as without the card it's useless, I shouted it off a rooftop bear garden once to a friend who was going to the shop for cigarettes with my card, but I just think its politeness to not get too close especially with payment of things. Had one man stand so close we could have been doing edition things right by the check out, I get wound up in te supermarket even though I love shopping, so turned to him and said "do you need to stand so close your c**k is nearly in my a**e?", the checkout girl was desperate to laugh and he looked discussed and said " I'm waiting to pack my bags", that wound me up more so I said " well wait there then!!!" pointing at te back of his trolley.

I agree with Eddie from an fan in the rant to the judge in the episode poor, (this is just a copy and paste from imdb

Eddie: [explaining to the judge her problems with the law] Yes, Yes!... Why, oh why, do we pay taxes, hmmm? I mean, just to have bloody parking restrictions- and BUGGERY-UGLY traffic wardens, and BOLLOCKY-pedestrian-BLOODY-crossings?... and those BASTARD railings outside shops windows, making it so difficult, so you can't even get in them! I mean, I know they're there to stop stupid people running into the street and killing themselves! But we're not all stupid! We don't all need nurse-maiding. I mean, why not just have a Stupidity Tax? Just tax the stupid people!
Patsy: [stands up] And let them DIE!

That's another one that annoys me, railings so you can't cross where you want to!

Sorry to admin for the swearing, * them out if you want or ask me to if it breaks rules, just don't know with it being a quote. Xoxo

Hate personal space invaders....I do not want to give you a piggy back whilst using the cash machine or queuing in the post office....stand back you weirdo!!!!

Coming down to ground floor in a lift and the idiots who are waiting to go up don't think someone may exit. They stand do close the doors open and they walk into you!

Smokers at the entrance to supermarkets. You have never been able to smoke in a supermarket but since the ban came in you all wanna hang out at the entrance to Tesco!

People who walk at a snails pace in front of when there is no way of passing them.

Shoe shop assistants who in response to the question 'have you got these in size 4' reply with 'no we have them in a 3 or a 5'
Oh great I'll go for the 5 then please they will be too big of course but at least it will save me chopping off my toes to fit in the 3!!

I told someone off once for being so close they could see my pin number, I'm not bothered about people knowing my pin number as without the card it's useless, I shouted it off a rooftop bear garden once to a friend who was going to the shop for cigarettes with my card, but I just think its politeness to not get too close especially with payment of things. Had one man stand so close we could have been doing edition things right by the check out, I get wound up in te supermarket even though I love shopping, so turned to him and said "do you need to stand so close your c**k is nearly in my a**e?", the checkout girl was desperate to laugh and he looked discussed and said " I'm waiting to pack my bags", that wound me up more so I said " well wait there then!!!" pointing at te back of his trolley.

I agree with Eddie from an fan in the rant to the judge in the episode poor, (this is just a copy and paste from imdb

Eddie: [explaining to the judge her problems with the law] Yes, Yes!... Why, oh why, do we pay taxes, hmmm? I mean, just to have bloody parking restrictions- and BUGGERY-UGLY traffic wardens, and BOLLOCKY-pedestrian-BLOODY-crossings?... and those BASTARD railings outside shops windows, making it so difficult, so you can't even get in them! I mean, I know they're there to stop stupid people running into the street and killing themselves! But we're not all stupid! We don't all need nurse-maiding. I mean, why not just have a Stupidity Tax? Just tax the stupid people!
Patsy: [stands up] And let them DIE!

That's another one that annoys me, railings so you can't cross where you want to!

Sorry to admin for the swearing, * them out if you want or ask me to if it breaks rules, just don't know with it being a quote. Xoxo

Excellent quite!!!

Another one I have thought of is when I used to have to travel to birmingham for my old job I had to get the train before i could drive.
The train would pull in at the station and everyone would suddenly make way for the door to get on! It was like everyone was trying to race each other and no one could get off the train because the stupid business men were blocking the way! Idiots!

Shopping related- say for instance you are looking for a new choice of biscuits on your weekly shop and some tit just stands directly infront of you, blocking your view of said biscuits! Move! I was here first!!!

What really annoys me when you have really slow people paying for their shopping and then have a conversation with the check out girl like they are best mates! I'm trying to pay for my shopping not watch you fannying around!

I despise easter egg shopping! Like chocolate is going to disappear of the shelves when there are hundreds of boxes!

I hate people who are far too slow filling up their cars and then once they have paid they sit in their car for a bit before driving off! I have come here for petrol not to sit in a bloody queue looking at your rear end!

I hate all drivers in general

I hate kids who play there music off their phone on a bus for all to hear! Wouldn't mind so much but it burns my ears the rubbish they listen too! Glad I'm not a bus banker anymore :D

When i'm in a Queue and the person behind is practically on top of me! and when I move forward to avoid them, they shuffle up behind :|

Walking around town behind someone then they stop dead abruptly in front of you to look in a shop window so you end up walking into the back of them!
Or people tutting and getting impatient when in the queue, my nan is prime example of this, it's so embarrassing!

Oh and another one that gets my back up is those clients who have to inspect each nail once you have done it! Erm you're holding me up and time is money my love!

Well I'm sat here at a clients house doing a bridal parties nails and tans and we've been waiting for the chief bridesmaid for nearly an hour.. If I'd of known she was going to be late I would of made a start on something else but every 2 minutes we're getting "nearly there" texts.
This is currently grinding my gears! X

Hate personal space invaders....I do not want to give you a piggy back whilst using the cash machine or queuing in the post office....stand back you weirdo!!!!

Coming down to ground floor in a lift and the idiots who are waiting to go up don't think someone may exit. They stand do close the doors open and they walk into you!

Smokers at the entrance to supermarkets. You have never been able to smoke in a supermarket but since the ban came in you all wanna hang out at the entrance to Tesco!

People who walk at a snails pace in front of when there is no way of passing them.

Shoe shop assistants who in response to the question 'have you got these in size 4' reply with 'no we have them in a 3 or a 5'
Oh great I'll go for the 5 then please they will be too big of course but at least it will save me chopping off my toes to fit in the 3!!

Pmsl at the shoes. Xx

I used to sell shoes and done this, but I would say "we have a 5, and they will be fine when worn with the sports insoles that I wear and the heel grips (I had to buy a size bigger to fit the insoles in comfortably so I knew it would work, it was also so I didn't seem like I had such small feet and could actually buy men's shoes not teens or women's lol) xoxo

I could go on for ages here lol!!
Checkout people who read the front page of you paper/ mag as they scan it soooo slowly!! Excuse me are you gonna pay for that??
Personal space invaders at checkouts, I once asked the guy behind me if he was paying for my shopping as was stood leaning in the chip & pin machine & and I wouldn't pay until he has moved back to a more acceptable distance!!
Cold callers that always ring at the the mist inconvenient time.
People that smell, no need for it!!
Parents that count to 10 as a warning to their child then do nothing but start counting all over again!! , mine get to the count of 3 & very rarely do I get there!!

My mum only threatened 1-5! But then she only had to get to 1 and I'd legged it, needless to say she always caught me :)

Motorway middle-lane hoggers! Drive me up the wall, there's two other lanes for you to pick from! 9 times out of 10 they just cruise along not overtaking anyone in the other lane but it causes so much traffic!

I could go on for ages here lol!!
Checkout people who read the front page of you paper/ mag as they scan it soooo slowly!! Excuse me are you gonna pay for that??
Personal space invaders at checkouts, I once asked the guy behind me if he was paying for my shopping as was stood leaning in the chip & pin machine & and I wouldn't pay until he has moved back to a more acceptable distance!!
Cold callers that always ring at the the mist inconvenient time.
People that smell, no need for it!!
Parents that count to 10 as a warning to their child then do nothing but start counting all over again!! , mine get to the count of 3 & very rarely do I get there!!

Cold callers!!!! Especially the "hi, you have a pc with widows vista, xp or seven on it, we have had a report sent through from the windows offices that your computer has sent a error report (sometimes saying they have been told by windows you have a virus), are you at the computer now?" I play allong, " can you please press the windows button on your keyboard next to the ctrl button on the keyboard, now click on search, type in (I can never remember what they say but I get them to spell it), press enter...... What does it say on screen?" then I tell tem "it's saying your a scam company and my iv has no virus" them "I'm sorry? What does it say?" me "iv no idea I'm not at my pc and it's turned off anyway but I know it has no problems and you are scammers as I'm an IT technician" them "you are wasting my time, I'm not a scammer, prove we are scamming you!". Me "all computers have error reports, even brad new ones, the error is sent as soon as its turned on as all the programmes want to run and are stopped, you are scammers as you scare people into seeing these error messages, then yes you do remove them, but when the pc is next turned on they are all back again as the computer is running normal, and as it should be"

I never hang up on cold callers, they hang up on me haha xoxo

People walking round town coughing like they have just smoked 20 benson and hedges and not putting there hand over there mouth x

People with crazy-a** names who get pissed off when I can't pronounce them.

Sorry I butchered your name, D'Sasquachaawndaniqua, American born and raised. Was your mom trying to use every letter of the alphabet?

Maybe your mama shoulda' just named you Sasquatch. I know how to pronounce that.

Sorry I butchered your name, D'Sasquachaawndaniqua, American born and raised. Was your mom trying to use every letter of the alphabet?

Maybe your mama shoulda' just named you Sasquatch. I know how to pronounce that.
Haha I no what you mean, Ive been called allsorts lela, lala leyla so I just answer to them all 😄x

V petty but it drives me insane when people call me Emma instead of Gemma...now there's nothing wrong with the name Emma but its not my name! This particularly winds me up at work, when my email address is 'G' and then my surname, what the hell do they think the G is there for?! I thought this was bad enough until today someone called and asked to speak to Georgina...yes thats right love, the G is there for you to pick whatever you fancy calling me as long as it begins with that letter!

Haha I no what you mean, Ive been called allsorts lela, lala leyla so I just answer to them all 😄x

How do you pronounce your name hun? when I read your posts I always read your name pronounced like 'lyla'

am I right am I right?? :D xx

Pmsl

Latest posts

Back