What has SalonGeek taught you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissOwen

Reaction score
Simple thread, but i've had a couple of alcoholic drinks tonight and my brain isnt fully engaged for more complicated things :green:

What is the most important thing that SalonGeek has taught you?

Personally it taught me that i had a loooooong hard road of practice and learning ahead of me and that learning nails wasnt nearly as easy as i thought it was going to be!!!!!

Patience and forebearance (but not perfect yet)... I think!

And to laugh at the BIG egos!!

well lots and lots of things BUT the most important for me, is that I learned I'm not a freak for having nails as the biggest interest of my life:lol:

I have learnt that it is okay to ask questions and that it is always ok to follow your imagination and be an individual xx

The value of shared information and experience. Although I did my beauty therapy training back in 1974 I am woefully out of touch. So, in preparation for a process of relearning, I searched and found Salon Geek. Until then my only experience of nail enhancements was the local chop shops that far outnumber 'real' nail technicians. Now that I know that drilling the living daylights out of my nails whilst nicking the skin around them with the drill is not an acceptable price to pay for attractive nails, they have lost my custom.

I think that there is a lot to be said for educating clients rather than blaming them for their ignorance.

Salon Geek has taught me lots and lots and lots... I am so thankful for this forum!

PERSEVERENCE, even in the face of tough opposition :green:

I couldn't say what the most important thing is as it's taught me so many things. I think i'm more confident due to this and I certainly wasn't before x.

Information and knowledge. My most important tool! :)

To ask lots of questions.

That it's ok to ask them as well

Salon Geek has taught me that however isolated you might feel, there's someone else out there to talk to, bounce ideas off, ask for help, ask for inspiration.

hMMMMMMMMMMM It would probably be much easier to list what it DIDN'T teach me. The list of what salongeek has taught me and DONE for me is endless and the list of names of people I need to thank is even longer :hug:.

Now, although this is likely not the type of answer you were looking for, it's probably the best answer for ME, for your question.

Salongeek has taught me to never underestimate your friends and their impact on your life. It has taught me that kindness, generosity and love is not bound by country borders. That 'strangers' are often kinder than family, and can be your most loyal friends.

I can not count the number of times that I have been surprised by members of salongeek who stepped up to support me, mentor me, and lift me in so many different ways.

Words can not express the ways that salongeek and it's family has impacted my life. I'm honoured to be a part of it.

Having said that, if Sam designed a 'badge' for salongeek, I'd proudly wear it every day! (and it better say "Geek" and not salongeek LOL)

:hug:

Loads of new ideas i am new to this so really has taught me that i have a long way to go. I love reading all the tips and tricks and have been shareing :!:

Too much to list but the best thing I have got from this site is the knowledge that the excitement will never end and that none of us will ever know everything there is to know! :green:

I have learnt lots, and will continue to do so. Whenever I need advice, I log onto this forum. Even when I don't need it, I will log just to browse, and usually end up learning something new, or just being inspired. I constantly want to learn, and I'm passionate about it, so I can be the best I can, and have become more confident as a result.

Being a nail tech is not an easy job, but its something I thoroughly enjoy, and everytime I work on a client, I gain confidence. I look forward to enhancing my clients nails, and their pleasure at the result rubs off on me.

I do it part time, home based. I concentrate on doing the job well, rather than too quickly. I still take around an hour and 15 mins to do tip overlays with art, and just under 2 hours to do a set of sculpts, a bit longer with art. I don't mind, and my clients don't seem to either. I am bit of a chatterer, so thats probably why.

I love this site becuase there is always someone who has already been there and done it, anything from a treatment, to trying out new products or setting up their own buisness. I love it that there is always someone who will be honest and tell you the pitfalls and the pros and cons.

too much to know where to start! I cant imagine how I would have got on learning to be the best nail technician I can be without it......i think I would have been completely lost and overwhelmed. Knowledge is power :)

Salon Geek has taught me that there is so much more to this industry than just working in a salon. Before I came here, I thought that pampering clients and make them feel good about their appearance was the deepest thing, or the most good I could do for anyone in this field.

This site has taught me that there are so many opportunities in this business. So many different ways to be successful! And to touch lives.

Wow, I wouldn't know where to start :confused:

Knowledge is my number one, although I am learning every day, even now! I am so thankful to have 'stumbled' across this site 2 years ago - I am a better tech because of it as it was Salongeek that helped me decide who to go with for my nail training :hug: Lord knows what I would be doing now!!

Latest posts

Back