What is the most embarrassing hairstyle you have ever had?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rapunzelxx

Reaction score
Just a little bit of fun!

What is the worst most embarrassing hairstyle you have ever had?
Mine was at school... a glowing Orange (courtesy of Sun In..eeekk) Spiral Perm, with my fringe cemented with hairspray into a huge corflick!!! I am cringing at the memory! haha!:green:

Ok, I had two big streaks of blonde in the front when I was 16, then had it cut into a short bob with a fringe, my hair is wavy so it never sat right, that was way before GHDs existed. So I had a wavy just below ear length cut with a blonde fringe, I then got a wash in wash out brown colour and as it washed out, the fringe was stained orange. It was hideouse, the pic was on my fake ID I used to use to get into night clubs (naughty naughty lol). I must find it im sure I have it somewhere it would be worth a laugh! X

my mum once home permed just my fringe - Mmmm... that looked good!! and then a few years of a permed mullet. i don't think any more explaination is needed:lol:

lol when i was in my teens i lurved leeds utd ... there fore went and had a v shaped wedge done (in honor of vinny jones !), lol ... then when i was in hairdressing college i let a girl do a revolting dark colour on me .. it was a permanent and i am white as a ghost !! needless to say i went home and had to highlight it coz i was off clubbing that same nite :eek:
i have pretty much had every color from full head bleach blonde (looked a right slapper i am sure , lol ) to just a regular shade , lol

lol when i was in my teens i lurved leeds utd ... there fore went and had a v shaped wedge done (in honor of vinny jones !), lol ... then when i was in hairdressing college i let a girl do a revolting dark colour on me .. it was a permanent and i am white as a ghost !! needless to say i went home and had to highlight it coz i was off clubbing that same nite :eek:
i have pretty much had every color from full head bleach blonde (looked a right slapper i am sure , lol ) to just a regular shade , lol

Haha! A Vinny V ??
Keep em coming! Lol x

I had a spiral perm done about 19 years ago, I thought it looked great, until my sister in law saw it for the first time, wet herself laughing and told me I looked like Crystal Tipps!!! :lol:

For those of you who aren't old enough to remember who that is I've attached a pic lol

Attachments

• crystal-tipps-and-alistair.jpg
    crystal-tipps-and-alistair.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 683
Too many to mention!!! I had my first perm when I was 11 & I ended up looking like Kevin keegan!! But ginger! Not a good look when starting a new school half way through a term!

Going on a 2nd date which was a hawaiian night. Lovely hair - decided I wanted a loose perm in my long hair. Busy salon asked if they could fit me in as one member of staff hadnt turned in they still said yes, then a hairdesser said no prob we will work somethingout (gut instinct said no no no),well they put on perm, put me under a Hair dryer. Needless to say, my lovely long hair went frizzy up past my shoulders and I had no date!!

Frizzy perm - a la Kevin Keegan
Mullet - my David Cassidy phase
Dark Blue lowlights on my dark brown hair (I wanted to look Chinese)
2 x blonde 'streaks' at the front - God only knows who 'inspired' that !
but my best ever was..........
a 'wedge' cut with 6 different coloured streaks along one side.
I thought I was gorgeous. (My dad said it looked like a duck's a**e. )
Oh.....I could go on ! :lol:

omg will never forget was at the tender age of 16.... going back a bit now lol it was in the 80s and i was heading off to aviemore on a school ski trip had got a soft perm just before i went, after a day of ski ing headed back to the hotel with friends to shower and wash hair as we had made arrangements to meet up with a group of hot boys :Kissing: couldnt get the brush through my hair it ended up all frizzy looked liked the hair bear bunch!!! needless to say i stayed home alone as the rest partied it was soooo awful, have a good laugh everytime i think back!

i was about 11-12 and i asked my mum to shave my hair off (u can imagine my mums reply) so i went to the lovely uncle of mine shaved it all off on a number 2 with a nike tick in the back :irked: never again lol

God, I've had tons of disasters!! Worst ones were when I was 12 I wanted a FEW layers put through my thick, one length bob and ended up walking out looking like that Brady Bunch Woman!!
Then, another time I wanted a very soft perm with really large soft curls and ended up as a clone to Brian May (even my newlywed husband laughed when I got home!)
Went through the "badger" phase of black and blonde but the hairdresser did something wrong (still don't know what to this day lol) and I ended up GREY instead of blonde!!. She said I had to live with it for a week before she could "rectify" it (hubby used up all the grab a granny jokes by then lol). Her idea of "rectifying" it was to put a bright red tint over the grey a'la Sharon Osborne. Looked okay for 3 days, then when I washed it most of the red came out and the rest was pink/grey/silver OMG how I didn't need therapy after all that I do not know!!!!:lol:

Ok, I had two big streaks of blonde in the front when I was 16, then had it cut into a short bob with a fringe, my hair is wavy so it never sat right, that was way before GHDs existed. So I had a wavy just below ear length cut with a blonde fringe, I then got a wash in wash out brown colour and as it washed out, the fringe was stained orange. It was hideouse, the pic was on my fake ID I used to use to get into night clubs (naughty naughty lol). I must find it im sure I have it somewhere it would be worth a laugh! X

i had the 2 streaks at the front too... wanted to be like danni minogue hehe:lol:

i had a bob cut at 11 and i was still chubby so it made my face look even fatter, growing that out made me look awful.
after i got fed up of my chelsea fringe and cut it short and died it bright pink X( pink doesnt look good on me at all.
I also had some nasty colour done at 15 when i went on work experience in a hairdresser, they used me as a model, did purpley red and yellow blonde streaks in a bob! It looked so bad when i got home i cut myself an asymmetric fringe to break it up, and then it all faded and went well ginger. erh.

Latest posts

Back