what sweets did you grow up on.........??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
hi all

i am only a YOUNG SPRINGER a mere 32 years of age !!!!

he he!!!!!!!!!!!! :0)

Remember when all you had to worry about was what sweets you could afford??

My fav's were nutty bars....hmmm toffee on the inside...er....nuts on the outside .....YUM

What sweets did u used to LIVE ON !!

Ambx

Mine is a bit sick...sorry.

But i love marzipan...(didn't know wether to drink my solar oil or rub in on my nails when i first sniffed it) so when i had finished my sunday morning paper round (remember the heavy one with all those sunday papers and mags) i would spend my paper money on a slab of marzipan (the type you use to decorate a cake with) and eat the lot.

The other sweets i loved and still do are liquorice wheels, with the jelly sweet in the middle.

xxxx

MINKUS said:
hi all

i am only a YOUNG SPRINGER a mere 32 years of age !!!!

he he!!!!!!!!!!!! :0)

Remember when all you had to worry about was what sweets you could afford??

My fav's were nutty bars....hmmm toffee on the inside...er....nuts on the outside .....YUM

What sweets did u used to LIVE ON !!

Ambx
bon bons speshly toffee ones yummy

Sherbet!!!!!! :lick: mmmmm. I still buy it!
Ive always been more of a chocolate person so I would buy anything choccy, especially Cadburys!
Freddos are gorgeous. I used to buy them on the way home from school.
To be honest I havent changed one bit cos i still eat them!
Aagh now i want chocolate!!!!!!!!

(ooh this has nowt to do with sweets when you were younger, but has anyone tried nestles little notions? the lemon cheesecake bars are so divine!!!)
x

monkey nuts absoloutly loved them only trouble was they used to stick the paper bag they put them in.

NailStyle said:
Mine is a bit sick...sorry.

But i love marzipan...(didn't know wether to drink my solar oil or rub in on my nails when i first sniffed it) so when i had finished my sunday morning paper round (remember the heavy one with all those sunday papers and mags) i would spend my paper money on a slab of marzipan (the type you use to decorate a cake with) and eat the lot.

The other sweets i loved and still do are liquorice wheels, with the jelly sweet in the middle.

xxxx

omg i used to eat the 'slab' too!

I grew up on kola cubes and pineapple chunks, dip dabs and curly wurly but to name a few. I remember when I could get a bag of full pick'n'mix for 5 pence, those were the good ole days... :)

Does anyone remember Moon Dust..! It used to pop and crackly in your mouth.

oh yes moon dust !!! strawberry bon bons and flying saucers that you just pop on your tongue and they melt with sherbet inside ! mmmmmm

Fredos .... just yumptious

kx

vicky said:
Does anyone remember Moon Dust..! It used to pop and crackly in your mouth.

god i still eat marzipan now , infact my mother in law got me slab as a joke at xmas , and i scoffed the lot, lol
i used to love bon bons but went off em when i broke a tooth on one , loveed monkey nuts , and used to get a 1/4 of invalid butter toffee, oh it was gorgeous

I loved Bubblys for 1p the round pink ones Mmmm
Also sherbet fountains, Black Jacks, spangles (remember them lol) and we would buy sherbet loose in bags but we called it Kalie lol

1 p bubble gum and still have enough for a mars all with 10 p, that was my pocket money, my kids think they are hard done to with 2.50!
lell said:
I loved Bubblys for 1p the round pink ones Mmmm
Also sherbet fountains, Black Jacks, spangles (remember them lol) and we would buy sherbet loose in bags but we called it Kalie lol

I love sweeties PERIOD. A few faves that I can recall are:
Kop Kops
Cola Cubes
Chocolate Hubba Bubba.....now I'd love to get my hands on some of that again
Monkey Nuts
Moondust..whilst watching 'Why Don't You' in the hols
MoJos...any flava
Bon bons... toffee was best
Anised balls.

Just to add all my teeth are my own & I have an excellent dentist :D !

Sonia

Oh sweeties still can't walk past a kids pic & mix at my age lol

Does anyone remember the goldern shread stuff used to be wraped in wax paper and looked like a pack of tabaco I loved that.

Also rubarb and custard in the good old days lol I used to get heaps of sweets with a couple of old pennies god now I am showing my age :)

Take care Dawnie xxx

Spangles
Curly wurly
Black Jacks
fruit salads
Marathon (now snickers)
Munchies

To name but a few (showing my age)

I used to love Milk Tray Bar. It was either 6 or 8 of the chocolates you'd get in a box of Milk Tray and they were moulded together to form a bar of chocolate. In case you're wondering what dark age I'm from, I'm 46.

Ooh, I want one and I want it now. xxx :lick:

You can get the sweet tobacco on those sites I posted!:)

Dawnie said:
Oh sweeties still can't walk past a kids pic & mix at my age lol

Does anyone remember the goldern shread stuff used to be wraped in wax paper and looked like a pack of tabaco I loved that.

Also rubarb and custard in the good old days lol I used to get heaps of sweets with a couple of old pennies god now I am showing my age :)

Take care Dawnie xxx

Kop Kops
Pinapple and cola cubes
Pear drops
Wham Bars
highland toffee
flying saucers
Sherbet dips
American cream soda and a stick of bassett liquorice
balck jacks
fruit salads
parma violets MMMMMM
uncle mac drops

Not a big chocy fan, more of a sweety fan

MOJO'S 1/2p each, mint ones were ace!!!!!!!

To name but a few!!!!!!!!!

Amanda

Latest posts

Back