what sweets did you grow up on.........??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm naughty too and just came onto this page. I think you mean Flying Saucers Mrs Geek - excellent.

My blissful memories are - Gobstoppers - fab / Black Jacks - lovely / Jubilees - yummy!

They were all so wonderful, I have kept my dentist in good business!

White mice and shrimps were my fav penny chews with Cinder Toffee next ( and Violet Crumble when in Oz)

.....core blimey no wonder I've got so many filings.. :(

I love all the sweets youve mentioned, but do any of you remember TEXAN BARS?

they were covered in chocolate and had some sort of chewy stuff in the centre, yum yum, oh and caramac too.
Great thread- reminds me when i was a little rugrat

ah the Texan bar, the choclate on the outside with the poor mix ratio. If you weren't a MTBT (master texan bar technician) all the choclate would crack and fall off and you'd just be left with the chewy bit in the middle. Real skill required to eat one of those. There were also those chewy nut things that weren't nuts at all if I remember correctly.

Omg, I want all these sweeties you're mentioning!!

My faves were and still are fizzy cola bottles, loved flying saucers aswell!! Also refreshers!!! Lemon chews with the sherbet in the middle! Blackjacks - yummy, and aniseed balls too, burn your mouth out!! Moon Dust was fab, fizzle crack on your tongue!!
Hubba Bubba too, I was too young for gum when the chocolate one was out (would so LOVE to try that!!), but the cream soda flavour! Omg! *pukes* Me and my friend would always stock up on hubba bubbas when I went to hers after school - Cream Soda, Lemon and Lime and Strawberry...then we'd chew all the different flavours together to get a mixed up mass of gum!...eek gross!! Lol!!

I LOVED Fizzy Jerks too, I used to scoff them during french and art lessons with my friends at secondary school, the best ones were Lemonade and Candy Floss flavour!! Yummy-yummo!! But then again...candy floss - YUM!! ;)

xx

My mouth is watering!!!! And I started ANOTHER diet today!! Wrong site to look at I think!!!!

Love all the sweets mentioned, some I missed out on coz I was born too late (damn),but........................Flying saucers, wow, ate my way through most of a wholesale sized tub the other day harping on about how they took me back to my childhood funnily enough!! Mint Poppets, hard pushed to find many newsagents that do this flavour these days! Rainbow drops, puffy rice things in different colours, sheets of rice paper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The list goes on!!

I'm still the girl who at 26 years old, goes to the cinema and manages to spend near enough £10 on sweeties and feels the need for popcorn too, (salt and sweet these days coz they don't make sweet like they used to!!)

Before I go to bed, to all you Caramac fans, I found out this evening from my boyfriend that Kit Kat are now doing a version covered in the stuff!!!!!!!! Feel like I've put on 2lbs just talking about sweets!! GOODNIGHT! :zzz:

Do you know I was going to say Nutty bars!
Why can't they bring them back they were so yummy. Funny thing is I really fancy right now!!
MINKUS said:
hi all

i am only a YOUNG SPRINGER a mere 32 years of age !!!!

he he!!!!!!!!!!!! :0)

Remember when all you had to worry about was what sweets you could afford??

My fav's were nutty bars....hmmm toffee on the inside...er....nuts on the outside .....YUM

What sweets did u used to LIVE ON !!

Ambx

Does anyone remember PACERS? They were squidgy green & white striped sweets mint flavoured? I loved them!!! Also faves were flying saucers, spangles and black jacks! What a great thread! x

hmm

astrobelts!
parma violets - I still buy them :cool:
kola kubes
fruit buds, used to get a bag of them
I also liked flying saucers - but only if I could half them and eat the half with no sherbet, then eat round the other half before eating the bit with the sherbet. Needless to say, it was rather messy and I wasn't always allowed them!

I think my favourites were the kola kubes and the parma violets

my lil sis once went to the shop and asked for a £1 mix up, the poor guy had to stand and count up, one by one, as she told him what she wanted!

Kitten said:
Does anyone remember PACERS? They were squidgy green & white striped sweets mint flavoured? I loved them!!! Also faves were flying saucers, spangles and black jacks! What a great thread! x

OMG Geeg LOVED Pacers... thank you btw Flying Saucers... those were the ones... only I could conjure up 'space ship things' :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I loved flying saucers, the rice paper (or whatever it is) would stick to the roof of your mouth, and then you'd go cross eyed as the sherbet hit your taste buds - my cheeks are twanging at the very thought!!!

Sassy Hassy said:
I loved flying saucers, the rice paper (or whatever it is) would stick to the roof of your mouth, and then you'd go cross eyed as the sherbet hit your taste buds - my cheeks are twanging at the very thought!!!

Good grief Sassy ... what are we like... I am still at work and was imagining mowing down a Frys Turkish Delight.... full of Eastern promise... don't you know!!!

... I think I am the only person alive who still loves those things... they should be bigger though... I can practically inhale one!!! :lol: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ooohh caramac i used to love that , if so many people liked it why did it stop?

Sassy you made me die with your explanation of flying saucers but knew exactly what you ment.

Sherbet lemons used to do that too me a well

Texan bars

Spangles
Pepper flavour jaw breaker bubble gums - remember those?
Pips
Sherbert
Space Dust
Rhubarb & Custard
Parma Violets
Drumstick Lollies
Wham Bars (tooth destroyers)
Mojo's
Traffic light lollies covered in chocolate
Sherbert fountains & dib dabs

I still eat sweets like there's no tomorrow, and there's a shop in my local market where you can still get most of these and buy quarter bags, just like the good old days! I have a weakness for candy floss too.....

Does anyone remember Haunted House ice lollies?

Mrs Geek said:
Good grief Sassy ... what are we like... I am still at work and was imagining mowing down a Frys Turkish Delight.... full of Eastern promise... don't you know!!!

... I think I am the only person alive who still loves those things... they should be bigger though... I can practically inhale one!!! :lol: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OMG we have a phantom Turkish Delight snorter on the site!!!

For 1p (pre-metric!!), I used to get a bag of black jacks, fruit cocktail (they always used to be next to the black jacks), bubbly and sherbert dips.

Does anyone remember the jamborie bags??? You used to get an assortment of sweets plus a toy!! (really showing my age now!!)......have to say still got all my own teeth!!

Crystal!! Don't remember Jamborie Bags myself but was chatting with a client yesterday about us lot talking sweets instead of nails and she said 'I wonder if anyone remembers Jamborie Bags.' She then proceeded to tell me they were a favourite of hers and went into great detail on what they were!!

Another sweet I've been deprived of in my life!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Ooh I loved them :) me and my cousin used to go collecting all the pop bottles and taking them back to the offy and then getting as many sweets as we could ... been known that we went round the back of his shop and picked up the same bottles and took them back in :o
I loved those packets of choccy ciggies too ... not a good role model standing in the street with a choccy ciggy hanging out of me mouth lol

scattyfox said:
Tom thumb drops (2oz of these would last ages)
Ice breaker (choc with mint bits in blue wrapper)
Spangles loved h cola ones
Shredded tobacco
coconut ice
kola cubes
ROSY APPLES

Gobstoppers with the pip inthe middle

your making me hungry stop
x
hi i was at my mums today ( she owns a old fashioned sweet shop ) & a delivery came she asked me to help, i could not help but think about you guys as i came across : sherbet pips, shredded coconut tobaccoo, banana split toffee, bubbly gum with a tattoo inside, lyons midget gems, iced caramels just to name a few !!!

ohhhh i want some shredded coconut tobacco !!!

Yummy

Amb x

Latest posts

Back