What time is it in India????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CadenceAlex

Reaction score
Every night we are getting phone calls from Indian call centres and it is really annoying me now. Every night.

Dave is screaming at them now. :rolleyes:

Do they phone us their time or what???

They phone our time. Iv had 2 calls tonight from Toucan. You can stop it by getting in touch with telephone preference agency. Doesnt it drive you mad. Its a flippin invasion of privacy..

I normally put the phone down on the table really quietly and let them talk away to the table!

It's driving me mad... apparently it's actually a Filipino bloke... I tuned out when he shouted 'you tell me whats in the f****g bank., you work there don't you' :eek:

I've had about 5 calls tonight from a network that couldn't transmit numbers.....one time I spoke to a foreign guy telling me that the UK interest rates and finance markets were all to pot and he could help me save money....no thanks....goodbye!

I was always getting these at tea time but since registering with the tps,which you can do online i havent had any.I also registered with the mail one and must have at least halved my junk mail.

My Mum get's them ALL the time, Just ask who's calling, then say - "i am on the call prevention register and by callng me you are breaking the law"
They apologise, and usually don't hear from them again.
(doesn't matter if you are acutally on the register or not. ) saves soooooooo much more time than sitting there yelling at them. :green:

Stop unwanted call and nuisance sales calls now

xxxxx

I usually put them on hold, and let them to talk away:lol:

I can also reccomend the telephone preferance service.
It really does work!
Its free to join.
Take a look;
TPS Registration

it's also a good time to practise your singing skills.:)

What are their reasons for calling?

Are they trying to sell you something, or calling on behalf of someone else???

WHY do they call?

When my phone rings and I can see the caller has witheld their number I wont answer it. They have an option to leave a message, and if they dont - well tough.

I only answer my phone when I see a number on caller display. If they are genuine they will ring back.

If your phone line is a BT line, don't go direct to TPS, do it through BT, by asking for BT Privacy.....that way you get free caller display as well, which normally costs something like £1 a month....little saving I know, but it all helps.

TPS are clamping down on UK companies and fines actually have been levied now (for years they just threatened) but please be aware it doesn't apply to foreign companies, there is nothing we can do to stop their calls. I have been registered TPS for years and still get some American company phoning to try and sell me offshore financial services....the TPS can do nothing. However UK based companies that run overseas call centres are governed by the legislation and therefore liable.

As an aside, and just my personal preference, I am choosing to question companies now about where they locate their call centres, and do my business with ones that keep their staff in the UK. There is a quite a movement towards this at the moment and a lot of industries are starting to sit up and take notice. The services may not be the cheapest around, but it makes reporting a problem and getting it fixed a whole lot easier if you have someone on the other end of the line who knows a bit more of what you are talking about (and in your language!). A huge proportion of overseas call centres are operated by merely scripted agents.

If your phone line is a BT line, don't go direct to TPS, do it through BT, by asking for BT Privacy.....that way you get free caller display as well, which normally costs something like £1 a month....little saving I know, but it all helps.
Is BT Privacy a free service Hun?

If you turn your watch upside down, thats India time!!!!!

xx

Is BT Privacy a free service Hun?

Yes, it is, as long as you make some calls with BT. If you have a BT line but have moved elsewhere for your biling they reserve the right to charge you.

Here you go...this link should give you more info...

BT.COM | Support & Advice

Fed up with nuisance calls? :grr:

Tell the caller to hang on for a sec, place the receiver by the side of the phone, go and wash your hair, log on to Salon Geek of whatever else you feel like doing ... when you go back to the receiver, you'll find the caller has given up waiting and disconnected the call.

Either that or try this one which is one of my favourites:

"Whatever it is your selling, I'm not interested"!!!

It irritates me that we get these calls around 7pm - when all the babies are getting settled down for night. The phone is in the room directly below Cadence's cot and she doesn't like it - she answers the phone more than we do, and when it rings she wants to be downstairs to get it...

.. I unplug it most of the time, but sometimes forget. Why don't these people learn that they'd get a better reception should they ring at more appropriate times?!! :irked:

We are registered with the TPS and it works.

However, about a year ago (before someone told me about the TPS) I was going mad with these calls, and then I heard a Radio Presenter saying that the way HE dealt with it was to bore them to death, and explained how.

So, the next time it happened I tried it. "How are you today?" was the opening line........ so I told them. I gave them my journey to work in all its horrible detail, my back back, my not knowing what to do for tea etc. etc..... and they not only stayed online but listened and commisserated with every bloomin word I said! I got totally bored and ran out of things to say in the end and never tried it again - because they came in with the hard sell as soon as I shut up - talk about persistence!!

whoever is your landline provider ask for tps, telephone preference service

be careful if you fill out surveys, thats another way that you can suddenly be bombarded with junk

Latest posts

Back