What wedding glitches have you had???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
Ok, I won't go down the whole list, and will only list one.

BUT what things happened to you, whilst planning or celebrating your wedding that didn't go quite right?

For me, recently ordered my hubby's ring.
Now, try to remember I live in Quebec, surrounded by French people... (who apparently don't use spellcheck) and had requested an engraving on hubby's ring.
It reads EXACTLY like this:

"For Ever And Allways"

Needless to say, they will correct it free of charge to "Forever And Always"

But GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :irked:

Come on ladies and gents, what went wonky for you?

All of the under aged people at the Wedding Reception getting bladdered on all the Wine and Champagne we had provided...

.. and repeatedly having to listen to a whingy landlord threatenin to close the bar and kick us out... whilst stepping over vomit.

.. oh.. then there was the DJ who had quite an affinity with all the drunken brats, and decided to play Rap music and Dance songs at their request :irked:

Actually, I am still rather peed off about the whole thing... :eek:

Would you believe my nails!!! I had the worst set of nails done the morning of the day before my wedding, and it took me till 8pm that evening to find someone to soak off and redo.

I therefore attended our pre-wedding dinner/drinks 3 hours late, in a pair of baggy jeans, a lime green wooly jumper, no make-up and hair scrapped back, which made a lovely impression, considering some of the guests hadn't seen me for over 3 years!!!

I then went home in tears, convinced my hubby wasn't going to show. Untill, a taxi driver appeared at my mums door with a bottle of bubbly and a note saying 'see you at 2 tomorrow beautiful, love you, The Groom'.

He turned up, my nails were gorgeous, and we had a lovely day, as I'm sure you will. xxx

....although there was a slight incident with a large canister of helium, Jasons brother and an ambulance but i wount go into that lol....

:green:

That reminds me.. my nails were awful but that was because I knew zilch about Nails then and Pink and Whites just didn't look good on badly bitten nails...

.. More...Whites with a hint of Pink :eek:

Well it all went horribly wrong for me when she turned round to the Vicar and said "I Do"

Only kidding...had a fab day and nothing went wrong and would do it all over again every day:hug:

My HAIRDRESSER!!!

My usual hairdresser did my hair and advised that he would do me, my 3 bridesmaids & my mum all in the morning before the wedding alone!

I had my doubts but he was adamant that it was plenty of time since the wedding wasn't till two.

Needless to say he ran out of time my sister had to do my mums hair and while she was doing my mums i was doing hers. None of us were happy with the results!

I never got any photos at the house because of this and i was 30mins late for the wedding! Which was on Ash Wednesday and i was told i couldn't be late because of the services after my wedding which were then held up!

Nightmare!!!

Collin stop shakin your butt at me!

Well it all went horribly wrong for me when she turned round to the Vicar and said "I Do"

Only kidding...had a fab day and nothing went wrong and would do it all over again every day:hug:

THAT'S got me in giggles.
My hubby had best NOT ever utter anything like that, or thanks to a cast iron pan, his smile will be on the other side of his face
:lol:

First marriage went wrong because I said "I do" :lol:

Second time, I'm pleased to say, nothing at all.

Collin stop shakin your butt at me!

Aw come on give me a break...just trying to learn to fly...if I spin it fast enough I might just lift off the ground:hug:

Our wedding venue booked all the rooms out to one of their biggest clients even though we had said we wanted all the rooms for our guests - we didn't put anything in writing though and the venue just booked to their biggest client - we had to change our wedding date - I was gutted and so upset with the venue but we risked loosing a lot of money on deposits if we changed venue.

we got married last June when there was all the bad floods everywhere. It threw it down with rain all day, the church roof was leaking so there was buckets everywhere and we only had a few pics taken outside under a big white umbrella! It was a day to remember anyway! :)
x x

My father decided that he probably couldn't face all those people so he locked himself in the loo, telling me that I would have to ask my uncle to give me away!
I was marrying a fireman, and I was being taken to the church on a vintage fire engine. I told him in not so subtle tones that either he came out of the loo of his own volition or I would have Hampshire Fire and Rescue's finest eject him using whatever means necessary.
It was about a 3 minute run from the house where I was staying to the church, but the driver of the vintage engine decided it would be much more fun to drive me (and my father, clinging on for dear life!) around the streets of Winchester. People stopped and cheered, and waved, and took photographs. Cars stopped and tooted their horns, and I could have died with embarrassment!
My husband had bothered with neither wedding night hotel nor honeymoon, so I hastily rang a local hotel and pleaded with them for a room. My groom went back to work on the Monday and I spent the day with the dog.
Hmmm.
Perhaps it shouldn't have been the surprise that it was when it all came to a sorry end.

The limo company sold the limo we booked and sent us some clapped out old banger instead! :irked:
Also don't let 3yr olds near chocolate fountains. It doesn't end well.

Well other than saying " I Do" let me see.................

The Dj was not booked, so with 100 guests arriving the managment said it was a free bar until they got a new dj there!! Meanwhile the head bar lady was downing everyones dregs and getting more and more drunk by the second, she was eventually sacked on the spot and sent home in a taxi!!

The dj arrived, a elvis impersonator dj :eek:

My bridesmaids got wasted on champagne before the ceremony started and shortly after the ceremony the head bridesmaid stepped on my floor length veil and ripped it!!!

So funny to read back, good job I wasnt taking the day very seriously!!!

O.K. where do I begin??:lol:
Best man pulled out of coming on the honeymoon at last minute - long story short we decided to take our best mates with us because our wedding was in February so not really tourist season and we wanted a laugh - best man sold his ticket to an acquaintance who became a very close friend.
Hubbies biggest regret now is that he didn't ask his brother, we have the feeling best mate was going to pull out of being best man if he could without looking a complete d£$K!

Best man's girlfriend my sort of step sister started a fight between her dad and best man's dad!:eek:

Flowers were already on the turn when they were dropped off by florist.
Bar staff were holding bottles of champagne back that we brought in and paid corkage on. Mum found them when they were clearing up ready for the evening, so we pulled them out and glug glug glugged them!:lol:

Everything else went to plan, which is quite a surprise because I booked it and didn't really co-ordinate it all the manager of the reception venue did it all for me and it was her first wedding party of our size.

Hubbie and I insisted because the evening was a bit of a mess because of the nearly fight that we would hold a second reception on our first wedding anniversary, but I was already pregnant by then.
....So we're going to do it again for our 10th (4 more years)

Well I forgot to put deodorant on :eek::eek:

Ooh! Couple of things. First thing was we purchased a very expensive swarovski (sp?) tiara, all tickety boo until I handed it to the hairdresser on the morning of the wedding. She said, "Where's the hair slides?", "Eh?" , you get the drift - no way of securing it to my head. She spent the next 20 mins trying desp to sew it to my veil! Nightmare.

Second thing was we hired a vintage bus to take guests from the church to the reception venue. They would have to do a second trip as there were so many needing transport. First trip went fantastically well, until about an hour into the reception the bus driver appeared telling the new hubby and me that he had to leave the rest of the guests at the church as his fan belt had blown! OMG! We had to try and get our guests with cars (and ones not too drunk!) to go back to the church to collect the rest of them. Bloody nightmare, but best day of my life!

Opened the box with my wedding cake in it on the morning of the big day and found that a mouse had eaten a big chunk of the bottom tier. We managed to patch it up and asked the caterers not to serve any of the bottom tier, but I was terrrified that when we cut into it front of all our guests, a mouse would pop its head out. Luckily it didn't! Should you ever need to catch a mouse, I recommend fondant icing to bait the trap - they love it!!

Latest posts

Back