What were you in a previous life?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what was/is your job before becoming a nail geek?

• In Insurance?

Votes: 16 3.4%
  • The Management?

Votes: 79 17.0%
  • ln the office?

Votes: 240 51.6%
  • Housewife?

Votes: 119 25.6%
  • Funeral Director?

Votes: 11 2.4%

• Total voters
I worked in a electronics factory, making PCB (printed curcuit boards).
Did that from when I was 19 to the age of 29!

Then I hit a new decade and decided there's more to life than this.
And here we are!!

I've been in the industry since I left school, so I've never done anything else! It may sound cheesy but I can't think of anything else I'd rather do!:)

Jo xx

i am still the manager of a daycare center but i love doing nails when i'm not at the daycare

I couldnt vote.. as i didnt fit in any catagory.. I am a painter and decorator by trade, since i was 14 i have been working, I did my trade the first 2 years part time as part of an incentive to stay in School.. GOD I HATED SCHOOL!! Working the last few years mainly in the heritage area i Used to LOVE recreating the old places and bringing them back to their former glory.. Now 16 years after i first picked up a brush i am WAY to worn out to continue painting full time and raise two "Darling" children.. run a house and support myself as a sole parent.. So i picked up a brush of a different size and havnt looked back! I also work in the front bar at the local pub.. helps pay the bills and keeps me sane!

At the moment I am cleaning in between my beauty treatments. hope to be full time soooonn

I married quite early and divorced too, after he did the dirty, so I got a job as an air hostess and went round the world for ten years :lol: met my now lovely hubby and had a gorgeous son, couldn,t stay home, couldn,t leave him so.. went to college. I did all sorts starting with hair,massage,holistic therapy and then found nails,I love it, and sometimes it's :grr: but i'll get there - the future is in my hands :green:

I was a Taxi driver before coming into the beauty business!

trained as a nurse 20 years ago - always worked in cancer care - the last 10 years as a Macmillan Nurse. Boy I SSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOO loved my job but have been ill with ME for past 5 years so finally gave up the NHS last year, trained to do nails (had always said 'one day when i retire i'm gonna do nails' - hubby is a hairdresser - well had to retire early without a pension at 40 ) and luvvin every minute of it!!!!!!!

I worked in an office before I went to cosmetology school for nails. Now, years later, I am working in a school full time and doing nails part time.

I work in a salon on Saturdays and do manicures in an assisted living community every other Thursday.

I have the best of both worlds... :)

Graphic Designer was my only 'career' but I have done many jobs...

Shop/Bakery Assistant [Hampsons and Greggs]
Service Department, Office Assistant [Repair and Recovery Garage]
Bar Maid
Ran the 'office side' of a business with my dad.

I am only a trainee nail technician at the moment though

After leaving school I studied for an AVCE in Art and Design and AS Level 3D Design at Bury College, then became a Graphic Designer at 18. I did all the above jobs before going to University to study for a BA Hons in Graphic Design to try and get back into Graphic Design, but then I decided, while doing 12 hours a week at uni and 48-70 hours a week in an Irish bar and looking after my dad (when he was ill with MND) on my day off/few hours off , that I didnt want to do graphic design anymore. I tried to get into childcare (I also wanted to be a Mechanic at one point) but I didnt get anywhere with it and someone suggested a course in nails because I love nails, and thats where I am now.

Last edited:
I feel blessed! Went to Beauty College straight from school (19 years ago I might add!)and have been doing nails and beauty ever since. I still can't believe I get paid to do this job. I love it!!! By the way a recent poll stated that the happiest workers in the world worked in the beauty industry.
xxx

skinny i hope lol !!:lol:

Latest posts

Back