When testing spray tan samples......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kizzycat

Reaction score
Do you use the same model to spray? so that you know the outcome of the solutions?

I have LA tanning solution and sprayed 10% on my friend on Saturday. She washed the guide colour off on Sunday morning and I saw her today (tuesday) and although her legs and arms seem ok, the tan has almost gone from her face. she wants a dark tan next week and I thought of double dipping her but I am going to try the 12% on her tomorrow. just hoping she doesnt go orange lol

I am going to get some samples from Nouvatan as I loved the way it went on at my training session and also loved the way it looked on me, but I feel I should try a couple more. I was thinking maybe sienna x, tantrick and suntana just to compare really. how do you know to choose the right one as all solutions affect people in different ways

any advice?

yes definately use the same model!
If everybody tans/ reacts different to a spraytan how will you get any idea of each trial you do if its on a different person as they will all be different even with the same solution?
Have fun trialling them though... there's plenty out there to get through!

when we send out our sample packs there is enough for at least 4 tans in 2 different percentages , that way you can try it on a variety of skin types and models we do charge a small fee for samples as we send 4 times more than some other companies, sample packs can only be ordered once from one post code as we actually lose money on them and the postage is £1.50 :twisted::twisted:

thanks steve I am going to try yours first. I will be ordering soon.

My model is always the same person.....me! I have trained my husband to tan me, for just that reason, and that way I get a direct comparison at every stage of the tan myself....application, guide colour, wash off, true colour, lastability and fade. I also see absolutely everyone as a potential client, so I'm not likely to risk a first time tan problem on anyone but myself.

I think you'll like Nouvatan....I am very picky and very much a perfectionist with my tanning solutions....and I'm very happy with it!

i used 3 light med dark skin.... i had a problem with 2 tans i tested on a girl who does not have sensitive skin... she got hive like rash and still has it! thank god she signed as a tester!!!! anyway i now use nouvatan... always i dont have choice apart from % .. i know im safe :D:D:D some still have parabens and alcohol in them :(...

xx

I sprayed my friend and sprayed myself that way you can compare, the 10% on LA was the same for me though that's why I went to try the samples and moved lotions.:D

Do you use the same model to spray? so that you know the outcome of the solutions?

I have LA tanning solution and sprayed 10% on my friend on Saturday. She washed the guide colour off on Sunday morning and I saw her today (tuesday) and although her legs and arms seem ok, the tan has almost gone from her face. she wants a dark tan next week and I thought of double dipping her but I am going to try the 12% on her tomorrow. just hoping she doesnt go orange lol

I am going to get some samples from Nouvatan as I loved the way it went on at my training session and also loved the way it looked on me, but I feel I should try a couple more. I was thinking maybe sienna x, tantrick and suntana just to compare really. how do you know to choose the right one as all solutions affect people in different ways

any advice?

If you are wondering about trying the various solution's out there give the companies a call and ask for samples.

In so far as how much you get from the different companies varies considerably.

From our perspective what with having a range of 18 different solutions made up of 5 completely different groups(or types) it is impossible to send a sample of each solution so the best thing when asking companies for samples if they do have a large range is to talk to them and give them some indication of what you are looking for in a solution so they can send an apropriate selection.

HTH and best of luck with your search :hug:

I received a good tip when trying them, pop a plaster on an area that wont be seen easily like the top or your leg/hip area, and leave it on when you spray, when you take it off after develpoment you can see the contrast hth x

yeh i have heard of the plaster thing.. its a good idea :)

maybe try on any family members or friends if your dying to see them all quickly rather than havin to wait week to week:) xx

could it be something she has been using on her face? a moisturiser with oil? an oily cleanser? a facial? a face mask? cleansing wipes?

why not ask her what she skincare routine is, see if you can pinpoint it and then trial her again asking her not to use it. see what happens to the face?

tigi

Whenever I test or trial a solution I use the same 5 girls each time. One DHA resistive, 1 Skin Type 1, 1 Skin Type 2, 1 Skin Type 3 and 1 with extremely sensitive skin. I ask them for their feedback after wash-off, at 3 days and at 5 days. I also spray myself as well.

If you use just one or two people who have similar skin types/tones you don't get a good indication of how that product will work across a wider client base.

I agree that you should use the same models. I think that you should try the solution on 2-3 people. This will give you are really good idea on which solution you like best. Solution acts differently and appears differently on everyone. I use EnvyTan solutions and I love them. If you are seeking to get samples from additional vendors, I would recommend trying their solution as well. Hope this helps.

Hi everyone,

This thread is possibly the closest to a recent problem I had with a client. She has had spray tans before and they have taken. I sprayed her with xen tan and she showered after 7 hours - the tan literally disappeared. It did not take at all. I asked her whether anything had changed, either in her skincare routine or in the medications she takes for her skin condition and she told me her medication had been changed last month and she now takes a drug named Acetren for psoriasis. Just wondering whether anyone out there has experienced a similar situation and what solution if anything do you use on such a client. Thanks

I always test any samples on myself.

I have a very well trained 12 year old daughter who is an expert tanner :lol:.

Not that I'm testing these days. Very happy with Nouvatan.

I also would only ever spray myself with new solution,,as I am best judge.

I use la tan and its my best seller by far,,second fake bake, then sunlabs for fair heir or redheads,, I have tried alot of tans inc st tropez, vani-t, tantrick etc and I have found personally these work best for me

I personally wear fakebake original,,or la tan cocktail when going out xx

Ive been testing samples on myself first so I can see how they last etc. My fave so far is Suntana,the 8% is fab on my skin. My only problem at the moment is that I havent been able to try the 12% as none of my friends/family are naturally dark skinned enough to put a 12 on. My dads skin would be suitable but he wont let me tan him lol :mad:

Latest posts

Back