Would love your views about pamper party start time

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADiva1

Reaction score
Hey Geeks:hug:

I was asked to do a pamper party for a hen night on Saturday. There 5 people, but 7 treatments (someone is having 3 treatments). Each treatment is for 20 minutes(ish) long.

HOWEVER, the Bride to be wants the evening to kick off at 8:30pm... I told her ideally, it would be best to start around 7:30pm (latest) so treatments can be done and everyone can relax. AND I could go home at a sensible hour!

She said 'No' the party can only start at 8:30pm as guests are arriving at 8p.m to settle kids ... for an 8:30pm start.

Am I being moany or is she taking the mick???

How would you handle this situation?

Last edited:
You are going to be there for less than 2 hrs so will be done, packed up and away by 10.30pm
but its up to you at the end of the day :hug:

I would state politely but firmly that you will therefor arrive at 7.30 to set up so you won't disturb her and her friends settling the kids!

This way people will be itching to start ( I've done lots of these)and from experience you will either finish at the time you originally wanted or you will get extra treatments in(usually happens!) and earn more money:green:

:hug:

You are going to be there for less than 2 hrs so will be done, packed up and away by 10.30pm
but its up to you at the end of the day :hug:

Thanks hun, should have explained and you are right .... 5 people, but 7 treatments altogether....

She is taking the mick!!!
1 hour and 40 mins can easily turn into much longer when doing parties especially!
I would charge her more to be honest but it depends on how much you need the party x

I'd be inclined to get there about 7.45/8.00ish to get set up.

That way if people want to start being pampered before 8.30 then they can. I certainly wouldn't arrive at 8.30. You'd be there forever!

At the end of the day though she is the client & money's money

I'd be inclined to get there about 7.45/8.00ish to get set up.

That way if people want to start being pampered before 8.30 then they can. I certainly wouldn't arrive at 8.30. You'd be there forever!

At the end of the day though she is the client & money's money

Thanks for that hun, you are right. I was definitely going to start setting up by 8pm which I warned her about as well...

Very sorry to hijack this thread. My children went to their friend's birthday Pamper Party on Sunday and had a fantastic time (with some very jealous mummies very reluctant to leave them there ...). They even came home with jam-packed (silver ribboned organza) goody bags.

Anyway a couple of us mums have been talking about having our own pamper party. Could anyone please tell me how it works - do guests pay per treatment, are they full treatments so full prices or a set price per 20 minute treatment? And how many ladies would your minimum/maximum be? Would WE get any goody bags???!!!

Would the beauty therapist(s) offer any special added extras or what exciting things could we expect on the night? I wouldn't mind hosting it. Just would like to know what I should be looking out for. Thanks xx

It depends on what you want to do and how much you are getting paid. TBH I think I would be ready at the time she wanted and set up a bit earlier. I just got back from one myself tonight and I started at 7.00 and got home at 11.00pm - 10 clients. It can be a long haul!​

It depends on what you want to do and how much you are getting paid. TBH I think I would be ready at the time she wanted and set up a bit earlier. I just got back from one myself tonight and I started at 7.00 and got home at 11.00pm - 10 clients. It can be a long haul!​

Thanks for your replies ladies....
As the old saying goes, once you start, you will finish at some point:lol::hug:
I just cant get over that peeps are taking kids to a pamper party/hen night as well!

Thanks for your replies ladies....
As the old saying goes, once you start, you will finish at some point:lol::hug:
I just cant get over that peeps are taking kids to a pamper party/hen night as well!

On the plus side, at least they will try and put them in bed!! I did a pamper party last weekend for a hen night and the kids were still running round at 10.30pm as we were packing up! The Hen had her two year old on her lap as I was trying to give her a manicure. Can sympathise in some ways cos Ive got a daughter who never settles but she'd be swiftly packed off to her grandparents if there was any pampering going on!!:eek:

Fingers crossed the kids at your party will stay in bed :lol:

Good luck though - hope they are a nice party to work with!

xxxx

when we do a pamper party, we ask if we can come and set up 20 mins before the party is due to start. no one has ever said no and its nice to have a little chat with the hen before her guests arrive to just find out what she is expecting from the evening and to sort out payment etc.

tigi

when we do a pamper party, we ask if we can come and set up 20 mins before the party is due to start. no one has ever said no and its nice to have a little chat with the hen before her guests arrive to just find out what she is expecting from the evening and to sort out payment etc.

tigi

Thanks for that hun. The hen does not have any kids herself, but its her guests who do!
Will let you know how it goes.XXX

Latest posts

Back