Would You All Do It Again

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WOULD YOU DO IT ALL AGAIN?

• Yes - I have such a passion for the Nail Industry

Votes: 237 91.5%
  • No - Training costs too much

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • No - Nail Technicians are so poorly paid

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • No - The market is too saturated with nail technicians

Votes: 17 6.6%

• Total voters
geeg said:
I was 35 when I started my nail career. I do not wish I had started earlier ... I think the time was right. Nails were in their infancy in the UK too which gave me the honour of having a real influence on how the industry was initially shaped in the UK.

I had the privilege of staying at home raising my children during their formative years .... my clients took me more seriously because of my age ... I had the experience that gave me a business head and a good rapport with people ... I think it all came together at the right time for me. I find things usually happen for a reason and in the appropriate time.

well said geeg. i do so admire you

max

After 20 years in the industry you would hope I don't have any regrets! :irked:
I wanted to do Hairdressing from as young as I can recall but ended up getting dermatitis really bad. So went on to study Beauty Therapy & absolutely hated it, except for manicuring & the one demo I got shown of a VERY badly done nail enhancement, my course cost would have been a total waste. So as luck would have it after trying my hand at Beauty Therapy (for my Dad's sake!) there was an ad in the paper looking for girls to do "on the job" training with a very (in those days) reputable salon. So I jumped at it & the rest, as they say, is history! I love nails & I love being part of the Creative Nail Design family!

yes, I would do it all again! But I too would look into a school that had a better educator. Our teacher had a attitude once she showed you she might show you again but not a third time:mad: . Unless she was in a good mood. needless to say that didn't happen very offen:cry: ! But I'm working throught that and I know I'll be a great nail tech soon!!! Practice is very thing!!

Kaycie

Damn right I'd do it all again - a million times over!!! I love every minute of it - especially now I'm a Master (just had to get that in!!) xxx

Absolutely...... however i would do things very differently,re training and i would have trained from leaving school.... oh how i wish we could turn back time !

Yup i would do it all over again, i had no expectations going into this. i feel blessed to do something i love doing. :)

i would do it all again too even though its been hard at some points i still love creating something that makes other people happy (and earns me a bit of dosh too!!)

Yes i would do it all again and with creative, i just wish i had done it when i was a spring chicken instead of at 34yrs old,by the time im brilliant it will be time to retire lol:hug:

Hey! You still have 10 yearson me - you bright YOUNG THING LOL!

i would most definatly do it all again except instead of doing just hairdressing for 20 years i`d of done my first training course in manicure when i was training to do hairdressing, and even though i think i`m good at my job now ( judging by my clientelle) i think with 20 more years under my belt i`d be better still!:!: :)

I would do it all again, but without the pitstops, I would go from school to college and do level 1,2 + 3 beauty. I love it all.

I definitely would do it again, no questions asked. And those of us that would, tend to keep up with the training etc. IMO hard slog yes, but I wouldn't change my career for the world.

I came to nails at 38, after my dad and left me some money. I went back to my office job after maternity leave with my now 8 year old daughter and found it such a struggle with two teenage boys and a baby and I hated going into work every day.

So I went and had my nails done and I was not impressed with them at all.
I used the money I had and gave up my office job and immediately went to Creative to train. I was so impressed with the professionalism and the great training. Ketan Patel inspired me so much. After doing my foundation courses I went mobile for a short time, then into two salons to get salon experience.

I have been working at home now for three years or so and although at times it has been hard, especially since moving to the South Coast almost a year ago, but slowly I am building up a client base again and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE what I do and wouldn't change it for all the tea in China.

I think the nail industry is oversaturated with poorly educated technicians and technicians that do not keep up their training, but if you are good clients who want great nails will find you and they are the clients that stay with you.

I can remember when I first started thinking to myself "This is hard work and I didn't realise just how difficult it is".

I guess at the end of the day aren't we lucky to be doing a job that we are passionate about and maybe only the really good technicians manage to stick it out. Patience, perseverence and determination are just a few words I can think of that keep you going. So many people think Nail Technicians go on a one day course and off they go earning lots of money. As we all know it takes years to finally crack it and make a decent living.

And we all still get bad days, after all we are only human.

i love nails! and i wouldn't want to do anything else! :green:

I knew that entering the nail industry would be hard work because this is an artistic skill and there will always be competition. I love every aspect of it, I know it is costly but that is the thrill of buying and receiving goods in that lovely brown box :wink2: I would do it over and over again because each time will bring new ideas and skills.

GEEEEZ there are some really old threads getting ressurected these days:green:

2 and half years ago I was worrying that I had made a huge financial mistake with beginning a new career at 39 years old ,leaving a very stressful but money in the bank full time nursing job but i have to say that the effort and financial expense paid off for the training , it was different when i qualified and although it was starting to get me down ,give me a massive headache and wondered with so many out there ,would there be any financial gains,set up on my own,expense of equipment and so on and trying to build a client base i thought would it get better.

Well something clicked over the last few months as I have much more confidence now, I am getting more and more new clients who are returning to me because they are happy with all the treatments i offer,it has inspired me to re-train in certain areas such as nail enhancements and continue further training once qualified ....so I now feel it was the right choice and decission to make and I now feel I would do it all over again for sure.

Latest posts

Back