you are your best advert?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanilla Pod

Reaction score
Do you all have treatments done on yourself to advertise what treatments you each do?
Eg- lashes done if lash tech, tan done if spray tanner etc :hug:

I try most of the treatments before I offer it so I can say what it feels like and what the results are.

I've already warned my boyfriend that I'm going to teach him to spray me when I do my training! Although I dread to think what I'll look like! I've been wearing Shellac and Gelish since I had them too x

if i get new products like a dif brand of eye pads for lashes or for eg. my spray tan moisturiser then i'll try it, but that's usually it. i don't ever advertise what i do on myself though right now i'm only practising. which i think is terrible so i'm def going to work on it when i've done practising and i'm ready to 'start properly' as i put it. though i must say i really begrudge the thought of spending out like £60+ for some lashes when I know exactly how much they cost lmao.

reguardless of if you wear what you do. eg lash extensions i really do think you should be well presented (and smell nice - so no stale smells from the night before like curry and alcohol, no dog smells or smoke smells) and that that is more important than wearing what you do. to look like you've actually made an effort and well it's cheesey to say but 'the picture of health' so no yucky skin like i've got right now :(

speaking of being made up i often wonder to myself that when i 'start properly' will i have to remove any car advertiisng i'll have sothat people wont see me driving in the car in pjs and scruffy hair and no make up? LMAO. surely not everybody who offers treatments are made up 24hours a day? right? right?? :p x

I've already warned my boyfriend that I'm going to teach him to spray me when I do my training! Although I dread to think what I'll look like! I've been wearing Shellac and Gelish since I had them too x

oh you're brave!! haha :D i asked my bf to give me a spray tan and told him how far to hold the gun away and to be steady and not too slow but not too fast blah blah blah well needless to say later on that night i looked like i had been rolling around in mud! seriously. he would of done a lighter/better looking job if i'd have bought him a fence spray gun from bnq!!! x

I do eyelash extensions and always have them done - the amount of business I get from it is unbelievable. I happily pay for mine to be done professionally and perfectly just the way I like them. I have people ask me in tube, at events etc. about why my eyelashes are all so perfect but they cannot see any strips, nothing. At that moment I give them my business card and it goes from there :)

I absolutely wear eyelash extensions - we are our own adverts. Like priory I get asked about them all the time and am constantly giving out business cards!

Francesca

Trainer and Master Technician in Individual Eyelash Extensions
LASH by Francesca

I wear my tan most of the time, but not my lashes. Really must get them done:) x

Im thinking the same x

if i get new products like a dif brand of eye pads for lashes or for eg. my spray tan moisturiser then i'll try it, but that's usually it. i don't ever advertise what i do on myself though right now i'm only practising. which i think is terrible so i'm def going to work on it when i've done practising and i'm ready to 'start properly' as i put it. though i must say i really begrudge the thought of spending out like £60+ for some lashes when I know exactly how much they cost lmao.

reguardless of if you wear what you do. eg lash extensions i really do think you should be well presented (and smell nice - so no stale smells from the night before like curry and alcohol, no dog smells or smoke smells) and that that is more important than wearing what you do. to look like you've actually made an effort and well it's cheesey to say but 'the picture of health' so no yucky skin like i've got right now :(

speaking of being made up i often wonder to myself that when i 'start properly' will i have to remove any car advertiisng i'll have sothat people wont see me driving in the car in pjs and scruffy hair and no make up? LMAO. surely not everybody who offers treatments are made up 24hours a day? right? right?? :p x

While i can see what you're saying, I think that you would easily make that back from the business you would gain just by wearing them and being an advert for them.

Our nail technician loves having eyelash extensions and the amount of her clients that book in for eyelashes just because they love how natural hers look.

Generally, i agree that if your client sees you wearing nails, tan, eyelashes etc they want it too!

xx:hug:xx

Absolutely, I have trendy nail wraps on my toe, acrylic nails with gelish and my boyfriend spray tans me, ive had 4 bookings in the last week just from being my own advert :)

AJ x

Latest posts

Back