You be the judge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailzoo

Reaction score
What would you have said, what would your opinion be?

To be judge and jury is a heavy burden, but a nail tech would have been a better judge...... they lost me with the word "fungus", as this would have to be diagnosed by a test, not just a look see, or an opinion.

YouTube - Peoples Court - Nail Fungus Case

An expensive lesson, to be sure.

My opinion is the nail tech has no idea about 'greenies'. I'm under the impression that a 'greenie' is a bacterial infection (correct me if I'm wrong) and when one gets a 'greenie', you remove the product, apply scrub fresh and that kills the bacteria. Then, fresh product can be applied. The green color may remain but the bacteria is dead.

I think it's a bit of overkill in the settlement amount. :eek:

Whoppner would have requested a culture report and then thrown it out when it was shown to not be a fungal infection. She should actually be suing the doctor that prescribed her a fungal treatment for something that was clearly not a fungal infection.

Whoppner would have also surmised that she is a DIY customer that most likely 'glued' her nails down between appointments which led to bacteria growing on the plate.

The whole video is like watching the blind lead around the naked. They are all so far off base from understanding the problem that it is actually funny to watch but bad for the industry.

I miss Whoppner.

I always thought a greenie was more likely to be a bacterial infection!?

As my nana would have said, every fool has his own joy. So if they had their kick with their 15 mins of 'glory'... :rolleyes: and for the rest, I agree with Sam:

The whole video is like watching the blind lead around the naked. They are all so far off base from understanding the problem that it is actually funny to watch but bad for the industry.

I agree with Samuel too.

I also think that when the customer interfered with the nails herself it should have relieved the salon of any responsibility. Who knows what else the client was doing during those 10 days!! She even hinted that she was used to 'doing' her own nails.

I also think that because these nails were done over another salons work, that also should relieve the nail salon of the responsibility. There is the potential that 3 different people worked on these nails.

If I try to fix an appliance myself, that makes my guarantee null and void!!!

Judge Gigi's verdict ..... the case should have been thrown out for lack of any evidence that proved it was the salon's fault.

I felt a bit sorry for the tech.

when she was trying to explain that the client had filed her nails and explained about the redness, which we would see as rings of file, made me think the client hadn't only filed the length but also the bulk of the product which would have weakened th structure so the acrylic wouldn't have been attached to the nail properly, this would let moisture in hence the greenie.

she was in for a refil on nails that had been done else where, did she fill on lifted product ???

There judge Lilly has spoken !

This was horrible to watch...I want to call up that judge and explain. I feel bad for the nail salon, on one hand, because I don't believe it was their fault and they can't speak enough english to defend themselves, but on the other hand, I think their lack of education is their own fault. Had they known enough to bring proof that it was NOT fungal infection and that bacterial infections are most often caused by lifting that is not taken care of, the case would have been thrown out. And I agree that the doctor should be sued...if you don't know the real answer, refer the patient to a derm.

All that for a greenie:eek: Sam got it in one:lol:

What a load of baloney...she was doing her own nails...she didn't get this from a fill..even an NSS fill.
AMBULANCE CHASER.
Judge Judy says get lost loser:)

Hi this is my first post so sorry if I do it wrong lol :)

What I dont understand is - why didnt they just consult an expert?? The judge made her decision based on her own experience of having acrylic nails done... x

What I dont understand is - why didnt they just consult an expert?? The judge made her decision based on her own experience of having acrylic nails done... x

Exactly, it is shameful that she came to this conclusion. :hug:

Whatever next?

Because 'Peoples Court' isn't a real court and consulting with experts is far less dramatic in the 8.5 minutes the case gets from start to finish. Society proves again to be its own victim and enemy.

Yes it was obvious that she was "doing" her own nails!! So she had more than likely filed away at the lifted areas and it went wrong. I dont think it was the nail tech, I also felt sorry for her. Silly people like this can give us nail techs a bad name.... wrong verdict I say!

I wonder what the outcome would have been if the Judge didn't have acrylic nails herself

To me it appears she made a decision based on her own knowledge and experience of acrylic nails

Latest posts

Back